• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN has nothing but good things to say for a blockbuster title? wow. big surprise. OF course greg tries to mention something that kind of sucks (like the dumb menu selections) and it's shot down by everyone.

Giantbomb - Jegg G: played 4 hours, not sure I like it. refreshing. even if he ends up liking it, I just appreciate it's not forced down our throats. and this is coming from someone who already bought the damn game. I'm just sick of the IGN cheerleading. Greg - jump ship for the love of god you're too talented for those ass clowns.

I'm not sure I really put too much stock into Jeff's opinions. He's too jaded for me, he almost never is excited about anything. I'm not surprised, he's ambivalent all the time.

RedArmy

Banned
Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

IGN has nothing but good things to say for a blockbuster title? wow. big surprise. OF course greg tries to mention something that kind of sucks (like the dumb menu selections) and it's shot down by everyone.

Giantbomb - Jegg G: played 4 hours, not sure I like it. refreshing. even if he ends up liking it, I just appreciate it's not forced down our throats. and this is coming from someone who already bought the damn game. I'm just sick of the IGN cheerleading. Greg - jump ship for the love of god you're too talented for those ass clowns.

I hear Dr. Tracksuit loves Destiny.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
means absolutely nothing because physical copies have been able to play all day and they'll be able to play after getting home from a midnight launch. it's literally ONLY fucking over people that bought digitally, and it's ridiculous.

This too. For the XP argument to work, the servers would have to go up at 3AM EST for everyone. The vast majority of this game's sales will come from physical buyers who will be playing the game shortly after midnight in whatever timezone they're in.

Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

Thanks for the announcement.

BokehKing

Banned
Cup you're going to kill me, could put it in his bowl?

I can't find an image of just the symbol with out a background, if I wasn't gimp illiterate I would do it myself >.<

Beefy

halo 2 launch was the one and only midnight I have gone to, was stuck talking to this guy who thought he was elite and shit in the line for 2 hours, no smart phone or anything to do, class the next day, lol...

My last midnight launch was for the PS3, had some people trying to start fights etc.

Tawpgun

I hate gamestop but this 3am EST release for digital is shit.

If my gamestop wasn't that far I would go there for the next big release.

KevinG

Idontlikething.jpg

Okay.

ultron87

Amazon very kindly informed me I had an old expired card on my pre order at 6 pm today and delayed my order till the 11th. So instead I shall brave the wilds of the Gamestop at midnight.

OverHeat

« generous god »

good for you

Boke1879

.........ok

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Rehashed game with no effort? This is a major new IP launching on four platforms.

Trace

Banned

Wrong thread bud.

sjay1994

I went to the gta v midnight release. Possibly the worst human stench I have ever experienced.

I've gone to 2 midnight launches

1) Assassins Creed 3, nice atmosphere, everyone was friendly, and we got cupcakes

2) Black ops 2 (friend dragged me there) Children everywhere, crowded and people were angry

Strong words, what makes you say there is no effort?

Uiki

So.. i'm lv 15. I did devil's lair (lv8) for the second time because no one was searching for other planet's strikes.

I got like 10 green drops, never seen more than 1 or 2 even on venus... and it turns out that lv8 enemies drops stuff at my level and on par to what I was getting out of mars.

So, the question.. what's the point in killing enemies at my level? do they have a higher chance to drop better stuff?

Cool
Story
Bro

Holy shit that arc blade super owns in PVP.

How we doing folks.
kobe-bryant-january-2014-620x449.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

Woohoo. Stopping into an OT with nothing to contribute just to stir things up.

Muffdraul

Neat.

Thanks guys. So just how crucial are Strikes/Raids to the experience?

Bungie is focusing on those modes, and PVP, to be the end game content for people to play. There'll be weekly/timed special events, and loot only available in those modes (I think). Basically, if you're only going to play the story, you're going to miss out on a lot.

lem0n

What's your point?

El_Chino

Cool. Thanks for letting us know.

LowParry

It'll all be over soon. Sooooooooooon. Though that doesn't happen till tomorrow after 3PM. I'll still have PS4 to set up, download updates, bleh. Probably won't get to play till 5 if I'm lucky.

Come on! Destiny isn't THAT bad.

Blu10

So hating just to hate then? Just popped into this thread to get some user impressions, and greeted with nonsense...glad a multiplatform game gats a non-trolled topic for once.

Foxix Von

Wut. You just listed 4 different sequels. I mean don't get me wrong I love pretty much all the SMT games but that whole series is an exercise in rehashing assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom