• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbraun80

Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

Lol its no more rehashed than a Zelda game.

Zyae

Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

Satire?

Grabbed a taco for lunch today. It had cheese, lettuce and meat. Im sick of burgers that every damn place serves me.

Guys I'm more torn then ever on what class to play.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I saw it in stream, but not quite sure how it works...just third person lock on with sword?

yeah. small area of effect, but you can use it as much as you like until the bar is drained. looks tough to get in on people, but if you catch them off guard you can massacre them.

should be mentioned there are other upgrades/options to it as well

hydruxo

I was already pretty sure I was going Hunter first but that twitch stream made my decision easy. Bladedancer hnng. That cloak he has on looks awesome too.

Almost 2 hours Guardians.
image.php

Sevyne

What a splendid tale ol' chap. Jolly good show!

Add all the known codes once you have your Bungie account linked to your PSN/XBL account. There's a Reddit post that has all of the known ones. Also check out the DestinyGAF page and figure out which sub-group you need to apply to so you can have a clan in-game.

I'm wondering if I should already have my Destiny Preorder code that was on the initial receipt, or if I get it when I pick up the game tonight (Gamestop)

Fitts

Watched a bit of that PVP. Bladedancer's super is... well, super effective. It's powerful with a huge radius like Striker's ground smash and can (assumedly) be used as a panic button but it comes with the added advantage of being multi use and (seemingly) a speed boost.

You won't hear me whining about what's OP, but man is it going to cause some headaches. I can't wait to get deep into the other subclasses to find a good counter for it.

E92 M3

yeah. small area of effect, but you can use it as much as you like until the bar is drained. looks tough to get in on people, but if you catch them off guard you can massacre them.

should be mentioned there are other upgrades/options to it as well

Sweet.

The sniper rifle isn't hitscan right? I see delays between shots fired and the actual kill.

Muffdraul

I've gone to 2 midnight launches

1) Assassins Creed 3, nice atmosphere, everyone was friendly, and we got cupcakes

2) Black ops 2 (friend dragged me there) Children everywhere, crowded and people were angry

Two for me too (unless you count the release of RATM's Evil Empire album)

1) Halo 2 - It was at the EB flagship store at Universal City Walk. We got there "early" at 6PM and were still somewhere over #200 in line. Hyper kids bouncing around everywhere, a DJ playing the most godawful music ever composed at maximum volume, annoying G4TV camera crew repeated blasting their spotlight in our faces, didn't get out of there until well after 1AM. It was hell, but my Halo 2 hype got me through it, and kept me happy for a long time. I took quite a while for my hype to fade away and let me see the game as it truly was...

2) MGS4 - Much better experience, about 40 people in front of Gamestop in a mall, hanging out and chatting. But that was the last time I felt hyped enough to go to a midnight thing.

For the few on here playing on X-One..add me, I'll be on at 3am

GT: Fght0ffYrDem0ns

Couldn't bring myself to rush and buy a PS4 when I can get for my birthday in 24 days :-/

Dragon

Banned

I like how you say it's a rehashed game with no effort, and yet you play Link Between Worlds which IS a rehashed game. smh. Good luck with Boring Default: Flying Boredom too!

In seriousness the 3DS is awesome but c'mon man what do you expect in a Destiny thread?

sjay1994

Not sure if he's serious 3 of those 4 games are rehashes lol

All of them are rehashes.

I dont need to say much about prof layton and SMT4.

Bravely Default is just square using common sense and making a proper final fantasy game. Zelda is like every top down zelda before it except its not linear.

Im thinking this is satire.

malfcn

For the achievement that says kill all classes in a match without dieing..is that just kill each before dieing, or perfect the match?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Cool story bro

SnakeEyes

Banned

This cannot be serious, right... ?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
blade dancer looks tough to maximize. probably just learning when to use it. its definitely not a win button like the titan smash though

nictron

Grabbed a taco for lunch today. It had cheese, lettuce and meat. Im sick of burgers that every damn place serves me.

Guys I'm more torn then ever on what class to play.

You should trade in your burger and cancel that french fry order for a more portable hot pocket, they come in all kinds of flavors that are definitely not rehashed versions of other foods.

Shadders

Anyone know what I have to do to get the Vanguard Armory stuff? I've added the code (obviously), but where do I go in game to get it? Do I have to be certain level?

Fitts

Still watching this PVP. Does Bladedancer super also get additional armor? It looked like it. (or someone was just a terrible shot)

MattyG

Banned
I like how you say it's a rehashed game with no effort, and yet you play Link Between Worlds which IS a rehashed game. smh. Good luck with Boring Default: Flying Boredom too!

In seriousness the 3DS is awesome but c'mon man what do you expect in a Destiny thread?
Woah man, let's not let innocent
amazing
games get caught in the crossfire here.

The decision between sniper and shotgun is going to be hard, I guess it depends on how open the rest of the MP levels are but I always tend to go for snipers and shotguns in games, so making me choose is hard.

FaintDeftone

Good thing nobody gives a shit.

legacyzero

Banned
Any good streams??

iqQOVYq2rwJzc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom