• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

What you see is lag. He just hit one person 3 times with a super to no effect.

That'd make sense. Besides that though, is the sniper hit scan or requires leading?

For the achievement that says kill all classes in a match without dieing..is that just kill each before dieing, or perfect the match?

I don't look at achievements beforehand, but I hate these type of achievements that require a degree of situational luck. It wants you to kill a warlock, hunter and titan in one life.

There's still lag huh

like when I would melee guys in the beta and the hit wouldn't register for like three seconds after they killed me

The delay on that super is the worst I've seen so far, but everything else looked about as solid as the Alpha/Beta were at their best. I'm sure it'll be really bad tomorrow before improving though.

We might have to convince a mod to close down the thread once it's close to the 20K posts and you haven't gone to sleep yet, mainly because if you don't put it up beforehand and go to sleep, it'll be reached by tonight after you head to sleep Dax.

How many times can one man say the word sleep in one post?

Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

O....k. Overreact much?

TomShoe

Banned
Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

people_who_give_a_fuck.gif

Seriously? That's kind of an overreaction.

The inevitable backslashes and general anxiety around launch time is headache inducing yet entertaining at the same time. I think we'll see a bunch of negativity for a few days until the hype vortex dies down and people start actually enjoying the game for what it is.

Guys do we know exactly what the Radiance skill on the sunslinger does yet? The base skill I mean. "Dramatically increases the effectiveness of all abilities" is very vague.

All I've found on this and found this video

At the 2:10 time stamp you can see a player, while using radiance, can one-hit kill a player and vehicle with a melee attack. That's pretty "dramatic" indeed, but I want to know what else radiance does too.

Bungie: “Reviews of Destiny will wait” until public starts to play

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/...estiny-will-wait-until-public-starts-to-play/

Not like we haven't seen this before, but it's getting old. Makes you look bad and that you aren't confident in your own damn game.

Unlike Battlefield 4 and EA who only let them review before actual servers were up, right?^^ Super confident^^ I think Bungie's decision was the most consumer friendly in the end, so try not to spread hate where it may not be due^^

Fitts

The decision between sniper and shotgun is going to be hard, I guess it depends on how open the rest of the MP levels are but I always tend to go for snipers and shotguns in games, so making me choose is hard.

I like swapping between both of them mid-match depending on how the other team is playing. Still, I ended up using shotguns about 75% of the time. For PVE though, I used snipers almost exclusively in the alpha/beta.

There is no cross-gen play unfortunately and I don't think that will change. However, your character data can cross over if you decide to get a PS4 later. So you won't lose progress. Also, if you happen to have bought the Digital Version for PS3, you'll be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for free once you get that console, so long as you do so before January 15th.
Thanks for the clarification guys. I'll keep it in mind.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
don't know about that. but its incredibly easy to see the difference between how the AR is now compared to in the beta

damage toned down slightly

oh? that sucks. i'm all for making all types viable though. excited to see what i like best

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just watched a stream where a guy was consistently getting kills mid/long range by holding down the trigger.

that doesn't mean a thing other than he's good with it. accuracy drop off is much more pronounced and if you're not nailing headshots with it you'll be thinking twice before bringing it into a long range fight

don't know about that. but its incredibly easy to see the difference between how the AR is now compared to in the beta

damage toned down slightly

Yeah the difference is very apparent but it looks like it can still dominate in the right situations. What's most important is whether the Scout, Pulse, and Hand Cannon classes can keep up.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The delay on that super is the worst I've seen so far, but everything else looked about as solid as the Alpha/Beta were at their best. I'm sure it'll be really bad tomorrow before improving though.

I'm not even going to touch Crucible for a couple days. Lag is going to be bad right out of the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom