• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirNinja

Okay GAF, it's five hours until digital copies unlock. (1 AM for me). Gonna get some sleep and wake up ~5 minutes before showtime. See you all online!

Guys do we know exactly what the Radiance skill on the sunslinger does yet? The base skill I mean. "Dramatically increases the effectiveness of all abilities" is very vague.

All I've found on this and found this video

At the 2:10 time stamp you can see a player, while using radiance, can one-hit kill a player and vehicle with a melee attack. That's pretty "dramatic" indeed, but I want to know what else radiance does too.

Any time it says "all abilities", it refers to armor, recovery, and agility. Also, http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Radiance

Yeah the difference is very apparent but it looks like it can still dominate in the right situations. What's most important is whether the Scout, Pulse, and Hand Cannon classes can keep up.

as long as somebody who is forced to aim at the head can still kick the ass of a spray and prayer then all is good. If it still reaches the point where AR's are the way to go, then screw it I'll go with sniper.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah the difference is very apparent but it looks like it can still dominate in the right situations. What's most important is whether the Scout, Pulse, and Hand Cannon classes can keep up.

Yeah. If you were used to the AR before it won't be anything other than a 'oh.' moment. Its noticeable - but I think it'll encourage people to at least consider the other weapons seriously now whereas that was pointless in the Beta (outside of the scout rifle, where you actually had to be a DMR beast to be on the same playing field /selfpatonback)

E92 M3

What's the consensus on dismantling loot? Worth it for the glimmer and parts? It's crazy how no game confused me more than Destiny, something about all of the random items is just overbearing. (I am a perfectionist and get anxiety if I don't understand every mechanic perfectly)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sweet bladedancer stream just switched to a hand cannon. and MAH GAWD her armor looks cool

Fitts

How much time is everyone going to put into their Guardians look..since they aren't seen 99% of the time?

About 30 seconds. I nailed down what I want my final character to look like in the beta.

Spoiler:
I'm partial to the comedic approach.

1337Sauce

Looking for a couple of people that would be interested in starting new characters together at about 1AM Eastern (just to give everybody a bit of time to get home from midnight launches). I'm playing on Xbox One, and while I did play the beta, I tried to stay away from as much info as possible, and only spent a little bit of time playing. I'm not interested in speeding through the game, and would instead, like to just take my time with the game, exploring and messing around and what not.

If anybody wants to do something similar to this and would be interested in playing tonight, I would love to play this game with some of DestinyGAF. I'll probably be on for a couple hours, so some people who want to play for a while are definitely preferred (Mics as well). Message me your gamertag since this thread is moving really fast!

LOL this sounds like some crazy post, but yeah I'm just really excited to jump in.

So I've done about 3 hours of story/explore on old Russia with a buddy and leveled up to 6. Loving everything so far, it's like a long overdue dose of the beta-except better haha

Now it's crucible time!!

Foxix Von

That's what I was thinking. Not terrible with a Nova Bomb.

How much time is everyone going to put into their Guardians look..since they aren't seen 99% of the time?

Probably going to end up spending nearly the rest of my night on it and then crash before I've had a chance to actually play the game.

I can't help it.

Not long at all, since I'm going with the same look as I did in the beta. I spent a good amount of time back then making my Exo look like EVA-01.

Duxxy3

One complete negative that I've seen from todays streams - they kept the PVP voice the same as beta. That god awful voice over is STILL in the game.

Why do the class leaders and vendors have decent actors, but the PVP actor (that you constantly hear from) is crap?

Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

Yeah! Same here. That's why I am getting Destiny.

Navy Bean

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day at work. Destiny already preloaded and my first kid due any day now. Odds of any real work getting done is VERY low...lol.

Make sure to post impressions for the working stiffs...

Is the flipping animation from the crucible trailer standard for all hand cannons now? Because that uh...might get me to uh...use one.

:l

Guns have various animations.

Most people are commenting on low level gear too. I still see streams rocking bland green weaponry. Haven't run into a rare quality weapon yet. Legendary / Exotic weapons I'm sure have their own reload animations and whatnot

One complete negative that I've seen from todays streams - they kept the PVP voice the same as beta. That god awful voice over is STILL in the game.

Why do the class leaders and vendors have decent actors, but the PVP actor (that you constantly hear from) is crap?
Whaaaaattt? He's awesome! In no way is the actor terrible! He sounds so noble like a knight!

BokehKing

Banned
I'm making pancake mix now as I speak so I have something to eat when I first wake up and then i'm off to bed, I need to take my mind off this game for a little bit

*goes to check the clock on his psn*

5 hours....ugh....and 2 minutes

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i REALLY like it. never understood the complaint

RedAssedApe

Banned

i don't recall being particularly bothered by the announcer.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

i LOVE that guy

best mp announcer since unreal tournament lol

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm making pancake mix now as I speak so I have something to eat when I first wake up and then i'm off to bed, I need to take my mind off this game for a little bit

*goes to check the clock on his psn*

5 hours....ugh....and 2 minutes

You should make a weeks worth, so you can play more.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I know exactly what I want by Guardian to look like. I made my beta character in less than a minute, lol.

BokehKing

Banned
Whaaaaattt? He's awesome! In no way is the actor terrible! He sounds so noble like a knight!

this!!!

Especially when you're beating the other team and he does that um...

"ha-HA.....the crucible is no place for the weak"
he sounds so damn cocky right there, I think its awesome

"St Killamajaro/KILLtacular" is not needed in this game at all, it wouldn't fit with the theme

SRTtoZ

Traded in my PS4 and canceled my Destiny pre-order today. Picked up a 3DS XL and 5 games(Both Professor Layton Games, SMTIV, Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds.)

I'm tired of shooters, I'm tired of these re-hashed games with absolutely no effort.

Should have waited for the new 3DS XL lol.

tumblr_mg18nauJbY1r1wdslo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom