• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunRevan

I dont know which of my exo warlocks I like better.

my Warlock from the Beta?
ZDcb.jpg

or the one from the Alpha
aEcb.jpg

I think I might go with the Alpha look.

I think the alpha version looks better. And it should be a hunter too. :)

gatti-man

She's not. I'm looking at my friends list and nobody is playing Destiny. And even then, if not even reviewers can play it early lol. It might only be Bungie employees and close family right now.

Man I wish I had friends like that. Bungie needs to put a studio on austin next to blizzard.

I'm 36 this feb. Go oldgaf. Also a proud member of bigtvgaf.

Marvel

could never
She's not. I'm looking at my friends list and nobody is playing Destiny. And even then, if not even reviewers can play it early lol. It might only be Bungie employees and close family right now.
Oh, yes you're right.

I don't actually haver on my friends list, that will not do.

So I haven't seen a discussion about this.

How much content is there, size-wise? I see there are a few big explorable maps which is cool, but I can't help but be disappointed that there is only four zones.

I don't mind paying for dlc, but from what I understand even the dlc might not add new areas.

The reason this is so important to me is because I may buy a ps4 just for this game. But if the game is super short that's like $450 down the drain. And I am not interested in any other ps4 games for now or in the near future..

There's the couple of big maps, each with a lot of exploration one can do. Sections in the Beta were "closed off" by high level enemies. There's also the multiplayer. More maps, at least for crucibles, should be added throughout via DLC. As to new big areas, I would assume that's left to the bigger expansions that are coming out throughout its life until Destiny 2.

I'll tell you this, having played the Beta the fun doesn't entirely come from exploring new areas as much as the combat, loot, and leveling up. If you're in it for the single player campaign then I'd say it's not worth it. You have to play this similar to Diablo and Borderlands and other games like these where getting better gear and multiplayer is 90% of the enjoyment.

VanWinkle

How much content is there, size-wise? I see there are a few big explorable maps which is cool, but I can't help but be disappointed that there is only four zones.

I don't mind paying for dlc, but from what I understand even the dlc might not add new areas.

The reason this is so important to me is because I may buy a ps4 just for this game. But if the game is super short that's like $450 down the drain. And I am not interested in any other ps4 games for now or in the near future..

I don't think it's going to be a very huge game, unfortunately. I wish there was a more specific and official overview of the exact amount of content, but there isn't.

I was expecting the game to be at least the size of Borderlands 2, plus with a fleshed out PvP, but that certainly isn't the case. Not all of the areas in BL2 are huge, but crucially there's a lot of environment variety, which is something we unfortunately won't get with Destiny.

Lee

It would be sweet to play right now, but that wipe on the 9th would be painful.

Also, nice video Absinthe. I kind of want to burn through Old Russia up to level 5 and then jump in the crucible for a bit. Beat up on people before everyone figures it out, you know?

6 strikes (on PS; 5 elsewhere)
~12 maps
~25 story missions
(for both of these the numbers have been leaked on db sites, only number that's sketchy is story missions, because it looks like there's a couple more).
1 raid
4 planets.

Keep in mind this game hinges on replayability of content, particularly with the daily story mission (that has a modifier on it for an XP bonus) or daily/weekly strikes that are more challenging, etc.

neoism

30sGAF represent.

yeah just turned 30 this summer... sometimes(althetime) I think Im too ol for this shit.. Its really weird I really think I fucked myself with this game. I'm a fucking insanely huge BUNGLE fan and its one of if not the main reason I"m buying this game lol hell I even bought a new 1080pLEDHDTV just for this :D But I'm not really hyped what so ever because I didn't get the chance to play the beta and haven't really watched any videos much. I'm going in truly blind. I hope I can make some homies along the way. I loved HALOGAF back in the day but I'm not doing xbox this time.. Hell this is the first FPS on Playstation for me.

OldGAF has quite the presence in Destiny threads here. There was a bunch of us farting up dust in the withdrawl thread. I though I was old being 30 but I feel like a kid again around here. Thanks guys!

Darksol

Oh shit, this game is finally coming out? And on the first day I'll have had off in 15 days. Perfect timing. I can experience crashed servers with everyone else :p

Where is Dax?
Is she pissed people got her thread locked by posting those dumb gifs?

Heck I got pissed when people started posting those NSFW gifs. But doubt it, thread was gonna get closed within an hour before it happened anyways.

Was that thread really locked because of that? I am new here so I wouldn't know. But I was lurking around.

It was gonna get locked anyways, they just sped it up because the off-topic was fine up till a point but people were being idiots with NSFW gifs.

darthbob

22Gaf for 11 more days.

How does this work, do we get decommissioned and suddenly join the evil adults or what? I refuse! I'll be a kid forever!

Some people are old men when they're 25, and some people are still kids when they're 65.

Being a kid is a state of mind, don't forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom