• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sounds very interesting. If so I might end up going handcanon and sniper except for levels like Mars where a shotgun is so useful.

clipsize is still chump size so as long as you plan to never miss (or have a weapon upgrade that recycles ammunition on hit or something)

really gotta pick your fights with it too

should translate over nice from the golden gun as well

neoism

That's what I was thinking. Not terrible with a Nova Bomb.

How much time is everyone going to put into their Guardians look..since they aren't seen 99% of the time?

just like every other game that lets me do this about 3 hours lol :p

Foxix Von

Looks like fist of havoc beats out arc blade.

oGFhH40.gif

clipsize is still chump size so as long as you plan to never miss (or have a weapon upgrade that recycles ammunition on hit or something)

really gotta pick your fights with it too

should translate over nice from the golden gun as well

well considering the average lifespan of people this shouldn't be an issue lol. I'll experiment.

Let us pray:

Dear Bungie,
Please add private matches in the future so we can hold a DGAF tournament. I promise to be nice to everyone and brush my teeth every night before bed.
amen.

gatti-man

Took a nap took out the trash went to the gym showered and now 3 hours until Destiny..... Atleast monday night football is on. It's so close now. ......

Anastasis

Going off of the Beta, I think some of the best things about this game are the subtleties.

1) I love that there are rarely any traditional loading screens. If I remember correctly, they only pop up once you choose your character at the very beginning. All other loading times are hidden beneath pretty nice eye candy of ships flying through space.

2) I like that the multiplayer, single player and co-op are not stuck behind some menu but are all a part of the world you inhabit. You don't have to go out to the title screen to access a different game within a game.

3) I like that there are no digital menus, but all cursor based navigated with the analogue stick. I didn't like it at first, it took a little to get used to, but it keeps your thumb always on the analogue stick and gives a more organic feel (if that makes sense).

I really hate the fact that I have to work at 7AM, but my job needs me right now and I can't call in without getting fired.

So...does anyone know any good job search websites?

Melchiah

Did destiny unlock yet?

Five hours ago here in Finland. There's been no issues with the servers so far, apart from the first loading of the city taking a while, and there's a brief pause when you move along the alley between the two patrol areas with Sparrow, which wasn't there on alpha/beta.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I love how no one is saying a thing about how matchmaking improved/stayed the same yet :|

Or mentioned the sound issues (that were supposedly fixed)

Or any of the other stuff... Guess a real review on that note won't come for at least a week.
Maybe shotgun with arc rounds if it's hit actually a fusion rifle?

No. It was a fusion.

Two things from me. One, I really wish I had the time to play this game as much as I feel it needs to be played to get my money's worth out of it, and two, I really wish the Alpha didn't bore me a bit. Those two reasons mean I sit this high profile release out.

I will absolutely watch some streams and keep tabs on this thread on occasion in case anything I see sways me. Just too much good stuff out there now and coming this year, and time & cash are tight.

taco543

Im in the middle of SQL class.

Waiting for Destiny.

Makes it hard to to focus.
I know the feel man that was me at work earlier lol

On the bright side, that's a damn good show.
Oh hell yeah it is, the only time I'm going to stop playing tomorrow is to watch Hotel Hell
30 Rock and The Strain (weird combo, I know).
:/
Not really you got the comedy to palette cleanse the weirdness lol
Gordon Ramsay replaces Peter Dinklage in Destiny 2 confirmed
DUDE! THAT WOULD BE SICK! lol

It looks like this place is riddled WITH SHIT! PULL YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR ASS AND FIND THE LOOT!
Ladies and gentlemen our OT2 title.
Thank you lol
Not everyone, I'm still waiting for mine to unlock. Curse you 3 am.
I'm sadly gunna have to wait for UPS tomorrow.

That's what I was thinking. Not terrible with a Nova Bomb.

How much time is everyone going to put into their Guardians look..since they aren't seen 99% of the time?

During beta I spent almost 2 days trying to decide, and even bugged my account (by moving items to the bank, then deleting). Account was still bugged on Moon day, so I didn't get to play.

I still haven't decided.

Definitely starting with male exo warlock. Can't decide on black or white. Can't decide which face. Can't decide if I want my hunter and titan alts to look identical to him, or different.

Stoze

I believe in the philosophy that instead of nerfing a good amount, Bungie should have just buffed the weaker items. If everything is OP then all is equal; this man is a strong believer that nerfing weapons takes away from the fun factor. As I mentioned earlier, Bungie loves to do that after betas.

I would normally agree for most games, except for the fact I think the baseline they have for kill times is way too fast and buffing everything would make it worse. ARs could kill in less than 1 second in the beta, and the quick kill times contrasted with low FOV and sluggish movement really dampened some of my enjoyment of the PvP. That combined with console aim assist makes it so there's more emphasis on just seeing, shooting, and dieing, than skillful aiming and surviving. That's more a complaint of the trend FPS games have taken in general though, the same thing killed the Battlefield series for me. It's still a shame to see, imo, but it is what it is.

Luckily I don't think the nerfs will hurt much, I just watching a stream and AR seems just as ridiculous as ever. We'll see though, we're only on Day 1.

Leveling must not be very fast. I'm looking through streams and still seeing tons of lv. 7-8-9.

So thats cool. It will take me weeks to get to 20 due to not being able to play but maybe a few hours a day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom