• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cushen

Neo Member
Will I still enjoy this game as much as I should if I'm running solo? None of my friends are getting the game and it's the only thing preventing me from clicking purchase right now.

Digital east coast buyers of Destiny are like
tumblr_m0pl45hsUB1r5ydq0o1_250.png
Watching the late night MNF game, kinda hopes this lasts until about 2.

Idk if I'd even play at 3am lol
Cause I'll find out 😈

Bravo123

Neo Member
Keep getting "removed from game world" error. Can't load Tower or multiplayer.
Don't know if it's my internet or the servers are taking a hit.

Leveling must not be very fast. I'm looking through streams and still seeing tons of lv. 7-8-9.

So thats cool. It will take me weeks to get to 20 due to not being able to play but maybe a few hours a day lol
Yeah it seems so. According to Bungie the game really starts at level 20, which is why you get there fairly fast. After that you continue leveling through the light stat on high level gear which can make you up to level 30.

malfcn

If you are in the XB1 1410 preview:

Destiny Title Known Issues :

(1) No Audio when returning from connected Standby:

When entering connected standby with Destiny running, game audio may not be present when resuming from connected standby.

Workaround 1:

Return to the dashboard and re-open the game; game audio should now play as normal.

Workaround 2:

Quit and re-launch the game.

(2)Distorted audio when playing Destiny

When playing Destiny, the game audio is distorted and/or I hear a high-pitched sound. This occurs when the “Chat Mixer” setting is set to anything other than “Do nothing.” This happens whether you have a Kinect attached or not. You can work around this issue by turning “Chat Mixer” to “Do Nothing”.

The default setting is “Reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%”

Follow these steps to set Chat Mixer to “Do nothing”:

Press the Home button to return to the Home Screen.

Press the menu button (≡) and select Settings.

Select the Display and sounds tile.

Scroll over to the VOLUME column and select Chat mixer

Highlight Do Nothing and make sure that option is selected.

Once that option is selected, you can re-launch Destiny.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Home from work. Five hours to go. Gonna bike to Gamestop, cancel my pre-order (I decided to go digital instead), do some grocery shopping, and then probably take a nap. Midnight can't come soon enough!

Will we just get to play when it finally unlocks or do we have to sit through an additional download as soon as we get into the game?

Environments look incredible in this. LET ME INNNN

BokehKing

Banned
I'm tempted to take a ride around the block to best buy and see if people were lined up, there were people standing outside at 8 before with chairs

One complete negative that I've seen from todays streams - they kept the PVP voice the same as beta. That god awful voice over is STILL in the game.

Why do the class leaders and vendors have decent actors, but the PVP actor (that you constantly hear from) is crap?

Damn. I don't know why they didn't just have male cortana the ghost do the voice for MP. It makes sense and it would have been better.

hate the multiplayer announcer. did in the beta and i still do now.
it sounds ridiculous. after the halo guy.. this is just awful.

Awful.

E92 M3

Two things from me. One, I really wish I had the time to play this game as much as I feel it needs to be played to get my money's worth out of it, and two, I really wish the Alpha didn't bore me a bit. Those two reasons mean I sit this high profile release out.

I will absolutely watch some streams and keep tabs on this thread on occasion in case anything I see sways me. Just too much good stuff out there now and coming this year, and time & cash are tight.

I feel exactly the same as you, but fuck it e-peer pressure and I bought ever Bungie game released.

Bravo123

Neo Member
Will we just get to play when it finally unlocks or do we have to sit through an additional download as soon as we get into the game?

Environments look incredible in this. LET ME INNNN
There's a 250mb update and then the game does a 15gb install with some nice artwork.

Is there a consensus on the leveling speed yet? Curious if its different than the beta.

The stream I'm watching the guy just said it is exactly the same from 1-8. He is on 9 now. Guess they figured everyone was tired of leveling 1-8 as so many people played Beta.

I'm happy for that, I have leveled 6 characters to lv. 8 already.

Still dont see anyone sporting rare weaponry yet.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Why the heck are gift cards the top sellers?

You save no money and Amazon gift cards are more desirable, so you're "trading down".
Because it's easy for foreign PS4 users to load up a US account with money and buy US games for big savings.

FyreWulff

Has anyone done the PS3->PS4 digital upgrade yet? I have a PS3 where I'm at and a friend has my PS4. They're trying to preload Destiny but it's just telling them to preorder. Anyone else been able to do this yet or will we have to wait for it to actually unlock?

edit - nm apparently it's not available until the 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom