• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an actual event they are holding? Because that sounds super lame if they just make u wait for two hours. Lol

My bb usually won't let you buy anything other than the game. Hope yours is different.

Prepay!? My local store don't even do that... we just line up then pay and get the game at midnight lol!

At least your guaranteed a Destiny t-shirt for being among the first in line.

Yeah, it was on the list of launch event stores and multiple employees, including one today, told me 10pm. Now I'm standing here completely alone in my Bungie shirt looking like a jackass.

todd360

I just woke up from a nap. It ended up being an hour longer than I was planning lol. I'm going over to GameStop to pick up my sisters white ps4 destiny bundle. She already paid it off. She's in 12th grade so she can't go herself because school tomorrow. I bought the digital guardian edition though. So I'm going to attempt to play when I get back and then go to bed in defeat because 3 am bull crap.

Ah, shit. This is pretty much what I was afraid of coming out of the beta.

Well it's the first one and thats about exactly what I expected too. Destiny 2 will be much better but I'm not expecting AAA on this one. As I mentioned back in the beta thread if I didn't have this game through a pre-order special after E3-2013 for $39.99 I would be waiting for it to go on sale.

i'm not going to form solid opinions until i've had significant time with the game myself, but i've always anticipated that destiny's story would be...well, for lack of a better word "nonexistent". Almost everything about it has been ridiculously cliche and seems to only exist to string the different locations and enemies together. that's par for the course for MMO/RPG like games that focus on gear and character builds. There are obviously exceptions, but I at least have always felt that the direction Bungie was going was apparent. Destiny is about meeting players, going on adventures with them, and earning things that make you stand out, whereby these moments become the "story". I'd of course welcome longer missions and a few plot twists to keep the actual story portion of the game interesting, but i'm not holding my breath.

First impressions.

Good:

- Decent and clean graphics, great design work
- Inspired areas
- Combat feels great so far
- Fun to see other players in both the missions and the open world segments
- Loot!
- Challenging bosses
- Neat menus

Bad:

- World feels dead and sterile, even with players and enemies fighting at in the open
- Missions are terrible and end abruptly without any real conclusion
- No context to story, characters, world, or anything. Maybe things will be explained, but right now it just feels completely random and without any real emotion or driving force
- Loading times and mission select design is dated and very clunky. Especially visiting the tower
- Player interaction is minimal so far
- Gear and weapons all look the same (although I'm pretty early)
- Respawning enemies in single-player missions could be toned down
- No feeling of leaving any impact on the world
- Press square to ghost

Thanks for this. Seems like the Beta really was the structure.

Is the story better than Titanfalls? It never really intended to have a campaign but at least I kinda knew why we were doing stuff.

I've preordered but this game feels like Activision is setting it up to be a DLC farm. Sell some strikes and some missions with new weapons. It's easy to do because the Story is just a way to have people not complain that it is multi only.

While waiting for this bad boy to unlock, my brother and I decided to play some Resogun. I swear that game alone justifies my ps4 purchase. So much fun, now off to bed. Good night guardians!

Hip Hop

I am in!

alECWoy.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh hey, Spawnling, don't forget that OT2 has to be subtitled "The Last Guardians". Don't fuck it up this time.

G'nite, DestinyGAF.

VanWinkle

First impressions.

Good:

- Inspired areas
- Loot!
- Challenging bosses
- Neat menus

Bad:

- World feels dead and sterile, even with players and enemies fighting at in the open
- No context to story, characters, world, or anything. Maybe things will be explained, but right now it just feels completely random and without any real emotion or driving force
- Loading times and mission select design is dated and very clunky. Especially visiting the tower
- Press square to ghost

Thanks for the impressions! I really think they should have added wildlife to the different planets to take away some of that "dead, sterile" feeling.

But yeah, I'm foreseeing a likely solid ~75 Metacritic on this.

Will we ever know digital sales numbers? Out of 10 people I know 7 of those are digital guardian editions.

That's pretty huge.

Oh hey, Spawnling, don't forget that OT2 has to be subtitled "The Last Guardians". Don't fuck it up this time.

G'nite, DestinyGAF.

Dax has some bad news for you.

Thanks for this. Seems like the Beta really was the structure.

Is the story better than Titanfalls? It never really intended to have a campaign but at least I kinda knew why we were doing stuff.

I've preordered but this game feels like Activision is setting it up to be a DLC farm. Sell some strikes and some missions with new weapons. It's easy to do because the Story is just a way to have people not complain that it is multi only.

Titanfall's story was barely a story

Can anyone detail how exactly xbox 360 physical copies work. Heard there are two downloads you have to complete with the disc, not sure size or how it works though

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
Going into this game with little experience of the beta.

Xbox One Gamertag: LIFE CYCL3S if you want to add me! (PS, I also play Diablo)

amar212

So, when you get to LV 5 with one character and you get special Crucible bounty for Control, you can't get it with another character.

But you get all 3 Vanguard special bounties for every character.

Smh.

Game is amazing BTW

Whoever loved Alpha/Beta and was celarly informed aboit what Destiny IS - instead of subjective lameting abut what it is NOT despite being well informed - will probably love the game.

RexNovis

Banned
No matter what I try I can't get the Vanguard Pack or the Expansion Pass to download!!! So damn frustrating. I preordered the Digital Guardian Edition and it just won't give me the content for some reason. How the hell do I get it?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah, it was on the list of launch event stores and multiple employees, including one today, told me 10pm. Now I'm standing here completely alone in my Bungie shirt looking like a jackass.

Sucks man. This is why I won't go to these things unless they promise freebies. Gonna show up at midnight. Pickup my preorder and bounce.

CREMSteve

Will we ever know digital sales numbers? Out of 10 people I know 7 of those are digital guardian editions.

That's pretty huge.

Dax has some bad news for you.

I'm willing to wager that this will be the biggest digital release ever. Seems like everyone that I know went digital for it.

Z3M0G

First impressions.

Good:

- Inspired areas
- Loot!
- Challenging bosses
- Neat menus

Bad:

- Press square to ghost

Hugemistake.gif ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom