• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkTR

First impressions.

Good:

- Decent and clean graphics, great design work
- Inspired areas
- Combat feels great so far
- Fun to see other players in both the missions and the open world segments
- Loot!
- Challenging bosses
- Neat menus

Bad:

- World feels dead and sterile, even with players and enemies fighting at in the open
- Missions are terrible and end abruptly without any real conclusion
- No context to story, characters, world, or anything. Maybe things will be explained, but right now it just feels completely random and without any real emotion or driving force
- Loading times and mission select design is dated and very clunky. Especially visiting the tower
- Player interaction is minimal so far
- Gear and weapons all look the same (although I'm pretty early)
- Respawning enemies in single-player missions could be toned down
- No feeling of leaving any impact on the world
- Press square to ghost

I can already taste the hype backlash threads in about a months time, though Activation would have gotten all their money by then anyway.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
So, when you get to LV 5 with one character and you get special Crucible bounty for Control, you can't get it with another character.

But you get all 3 Vanguard special bounties for every character.

Smh.

Game is amazing BTW

Whoever loved Alpha/Beta and was celarly informed aboit what Destiny IS - instead of subjective lameting abut what it is NOT despite being well informed - will probably love the game.

So... what IS Destiny?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Not rushed review/10

Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

That being said, I like the art style and atmosphere.

Will post more inpressionz after i fight the kabal.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.

RexNovis

Banned
It's a glitch. Go into your Library, it'll show they are actually downloaded even though the error in the download screen keeps saying they aren't.

I don't see them in my download list at all. That's the problem. They aren't there in the download list or the library and nothing I do seems to want to queue them for download.

Jarmel

Banned
Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

Are the missions better than what was in the beta? Really hoping they improve.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.
This has me worried about the PvE.

LordofPwn

Too long, got's to keep it simple and straight to the point.

Way too long

giphy.gif

VanWinkle

Oh man. :( I was hoping your opinion would have changed by Venus. Such a shame.

CREMSteve

I don't see them in my download list at all. That's the problem. They aren't there in the download list or the library and nothing I do seems to want to queue them for download.

Hmmm,. that's a different issue then, weird. Maybe email Sony and ask them to look into it.
I don't think you should see the expansion pass in your dl list yet. But the vanguard armory should be there, for sure.

sdornan

Does anyone else wish that this game had a real single player campaign instead of the hybridish single player/multiplayer creation that we got?

Anyone gonna be rocking hand cannons after that patch? :)

I surely will be.

I wanted to like them in the Alpha, I even chose it when you get a free gun from the gunsmith. But they turned out to be kinda crap and the Scout Rifle was much better at being a hand cannon than than the actual hand cannon was. Now I'm looking forward to using them!

IHaveIce

Banned

Damn. This and the pvp still being utter unbalanced dogshit got me worried

Ruh-roh

Sounds like the vibe I was getting from my time with the beta.

Oh well, game came with my system, which is what I really wanted anyway! (^___^)

Alienous

Lawd.

Damn. I'm honestly just relying on the strikes to deliver and for the pvp to be casual fun I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom