• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

That being said, I like the art style and atmosphere.

Will post more inpressionz after i fight the kabal.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.

You forgot press x to ghost and hear dinklebot clumsily deliver some plot with zero context, that makes no sense

BLCKATK

Wow if this winds up being war frame with a fresh coat months after war frame released. If this is as mediocre as you make it out to be, there will be a lot of discussion around hype/manufactured hype once again

Not to mention Bungie will lose a shitton of cred. And I would say they are a developer known for making great games that many have stood the test of time.

Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.

If you don't mind me asking, have you been running solo or in a group? I wonder if this will be like Borderlands was for me and the group dynamic changed up the flow.

Vidpixel

Does anyone else wish that this game had a real single player campaign instead of the hybridish single player/multiplayer creation that we got?

I think the core gameplay is incredibly fun, but yeah, I was hoping for the story mode to be a bit more varied with more interesting set pieces and objectives. It sounds like this won't be the case though, unfortunately. I still think this could have worked with the whole co-op approach to the missions.

creepy-clown.gif

Thanks. Good thing I'm not sleeping tonight. That clown is guaranteed nightmare material. I can't wait until our Gaf clans are leveled up. We'll be kicking some butt.

tumblr_n86nnpR6bB1qcga5ro1_500.gif

; )

SparkTR

Wow if this winds up being war frame with a fresh coat months after war frame released. If this is as mediocre as you make it out to be, there will be a lot of discussion around hype/manufactured hype once again

All I know for sure if I am not spending money on any of the limited editions

There's a high correlation with hyped games on GAF and that particular games marketing budget. You don't have to be a scientist to notice that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
There's a high correlation with hyped games on GAF and that particular games marketing budget. You don't have to be a scientist to notice that.

Most of the hype for this game was generated by playing the alpha and beta before marketing really kicked in and after several showings that many found to be lackluster.

VanWinkle

This game doesn't seem to be for fans of Halo MP because the MP is not up to the standards set by that game, and it doesn't seem to be for fans of Diablo or Borderlands SP because the SP is not up to the standards of those games. I'm pretty worried about the quality. Did Bungie bite off more than they could chew?

I'm not going to start assuming things or making too many judgments, but going by what we've seen and some of the impressions in here, I'm not confident.

Tawpgun

Thanks for the honest impressions. Good to kill some hype now that I can't play until 5pm tomorrow. #ripeastcoast

Games missions seem boring I guess. Surprising given bungie is pretty good at creating memorable encounters

This game doesn't seem to be for fans of Halo MP because the MP is not up to the standards set by that game, and it doesn't seem to be for fans of Diablo or Borderlands SP because the SP is not up to the standards of those games. I'm pretty worried about the quality. Did Bungie bite off more than they could chew?

I'm not going to start assuming things or making too many judgments, but going by what we've seen and some of the impressions in here, I'm not confident.

You seem....concerned.

grimmiq

I don't think I've had a story mission so far that wasn't me defending an area while the ghost hacks it..every...single...mission..

leng jai

They should have just renamed the campaign horde mode. I could see this coming, the beta didn't exactly inspire confidence when it came to mission variety.

Gambit61

My friend and I called it after beating the beta. Thanks for the heads up!

I like all the lackluster impressions. Keep bringing them in. Lower my bar as much as you can so when I do play it I'll be happy with a mediocre game with mindless fun that keeps me busy.

Speak for yourself, but I enjoy the PVP much more than Halo.

Hilarious how the impressions from the beta were overwhelmingly positive yet here we have some naysayers saying that the game isn't good for the same reasons why most loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom