• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should head to the store. I just picked up my gamer fuel.

photo.jpg

you are a stereotype

NoTacos

It's like choosing factions in Destiny! The Dax Vanguard, or a New Monarchy. Or maybe Dead Orbit.
I'm not sure what to do. Dax has been like a leader/mascot figure to DGAF for a long time coming, but her choices as of late are...... questionable.

I'm waiting for the situation to develop before choosing a side.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What if you buy a game and don't like it?

So your just going to keep deleting games off your HD every time you get a new game?

What happens to your saves?

You can delete games independent of saves. Disk based games are fully installed too. The only difference is if down the line you want to play a game you deleted you can just pop the disk in versus redownloading.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

That being said, I like the art style and atmosphere.

Will post more inpressionz after i fight the kabal.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.

This is just wrong, sorry.

Oh that's fine. I enjoy PvZ Garden Warfare more than Halo, too, personally, but I won't pretend it's up to the same competitive standards as Halo.

Pushing aside the arguable point about Destiny not being up to the same "competitive" standards, how is that relevant in the face of quality in general?

CoD may not be up to the competitive standards of Halo, but it's wildly more popular and fun to most.

All I need is Alpha gameplay, a character that will last me a year, more loot and new planets, regions over the next two years. Give me that...and I'm in for the duration. (well, until Star Wars Battlefront)

The impressions have tapered my expectations for the immediate future, but I expect Destiny to be a slow burn for me.

Novels...expansions...

bigmac996

I was about to grab my keys to head to best buy for the midnight launch but after reading some of the first impressions I'm gonna hold off for a bit.

It's taking every ounce of my willpower to do this but I'm gonna wait and see how everything is when the hype dies down.

vypek

It sounds like some people didn't keep their expectations in check and are getting disappointed. Thats a shame. Kind of why I like to stay relatively in the dark. (I'm also quite lucky that I rarely ever get hyped. PvZ was the first game in years that I got super excited for.)

I feel like a lot of people had their expectations in check by the time Watch Dogs actually came out. Not the case here; I think the backlash will be bigger if it turns out disappointing.

some people get too hyped imho. I already know what to expect and I'm still excited for it, mainly for making my sunbro though.

bob page

Impressions:

Your enjoyment with this game will vary greatly depending on whether you play with friends or not. You will most likely not have fun if you play by yourself. But with friends, it's a blast, especially the strike missions.

That said, it's a bummer the beta was a pretty decent chunk of the full game. I would have much preferred them just having the alpha, but going through a lot of those beta missions again was kind of a slog. I can already tell a lot of the missions will get repetitive, but having people I know playing with me makes it a lot more worthwhile

The graphics (at least on PS4) seem improved over the beta. Seems like there's less jaggies and overall better image quality.

Haven't had any server/network issues- everything has been rock solid so far.

VanWinkle

Pushing aside the arguable point about Destiny not being up to the same "competitive" standards, how is that relevant in the face of quality in general?

CoD may not be up to the competitive standards of Halo, but it's wildly more popular and fun to most.

Didn't I say it doesn't seem to be for fans of Halo MP? It's missing crucial Halo MP features like a ranking system, Theater Mode, custom games, doubles playlists, a forge-like feature, etc. I'm not saying it's not for fans of FPSs in general. I thought the beta was fun, too, but I don't know if it's sustainable fun yet.

This game is looking worse and worse..

Fucking mmo bullshit.

Give me a combat sandbox with good am, not these mindless drones that charge at you while numbers fly off them.

Speak for yourself, but I enjoy the PVP much more than Halo.

Hilarious how the impressions from the beta were overwhelmingly positive yet here we have some naysayers saying that the game isn't good for the same reasons why most loved it.

Same here. I LOVED Halo PvP back in the day, but my tastes veering towards RPGs and customization has me really liking Destiny' s "Bring your own Guardian to the fight" feel over Halo's "you are all clones of the same dude." Does not mean bad, but like Destiny's approach better^^

CREMSteve

Ok makes sense, the only good reason for me going digital is to not find game disc and switching em.

Yeah, it's the reason I went digital with Destiny. Normally I go physical for everything, but the beta was just so damned convenient being able to play it without having to put a disc in, plus the added bonus of no disc spinning noise.

Didn't I say it doesn't seem to be for fans of Halo MP? It's missing crucial Halo MP features like a ranking system, Theater Mode, custom games, doubles playlists, a forge-like feature, etc. I'm not saying it's not for fans of FPSs in general. I thought the beta was fun, too, but I don't know if it's sustainable fun yet.

halo guys have TMCC to look forward to in two months, which is more than they'll ever need.

Yeah, it's the reason I went digital with Destiny. Normally I go physical for everything, but the beta was just so damned convenient being able to play it without having to put a disc in, plus the added bonus of no disc spinning noise.

does the disc spin loudly on the PS4?

Trace

Banned
This game is looking worse and worse..

Fucking mmo bullshit.

Give me a combat sandbox with good am, not these mindless drones that charge at you while numbers fly off them.

Whoa whoa, we're currently trying to lower the hype level, not shit on the game. If you want to be all concerned there are other threads.

Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

That being said, I like the art style and atmosphere.

Will post more inpressionz after i fight the kabal.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.
This is exactly how I felt about the alpha/beta. This sounds really disappointing. During the beta, I focused solely on PvP. I'm willing to bet the entire community will very soon. Hopefully you're just being hyperbolic...no offense or anything lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom