• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTacos

Impressions:

Your enjoyment with this game will vary greatly depending on whether you play with friends or not. You will most likely not have fun if you play by yourself. But with friends, it's a blast, especially the strike missions.
I expected as much. There are limits to being a solo player.

VanWinkle

halo guys have TMCC to look forward to in two months, which is more than they'll ever need.

While that is partly true, a lot of 360 owners went to PS4 this gen, and I'm sure most people expected Destiny would be similar in quality and features to the Halo games, being from Bungie.

malfcn

So game "is garbage" until raids? A little disappointing if no set pieces. But the game isn't fully out or unlocked. A little too soon to be judgy?

I enjoyed the beta. And Crucible things will be fun.

CREMSteve

To nap, or not to nap.

PSgt08B.jpg

Not to nap.
edit - rehosted, stupid internet.

Standing outside GameStop with 100 other people. There was an energy drink chugging contest. Some lady wanted me to tell her a joke to get a wristband. Yep. I just want to get this over with already

While that is partly true, a lot of 360 owners went to PS4 this gen, and I'm sure most people expected Destiny would be similar in quality and features to the Halo games, being from Bungie.

Halo was lightning in a bottle though and arguably redefined and popuralized FPS multiplayer on a large scale, not to mention making some mechanics popular.

Destiny seems like a solid game, but it won't be Halo. They'll have to perfect it with the second title or with a lot of DLC.

I was hoping for strong rpg'ish elements, but it looks like I'll be disappointed. I don't care much for competitive mp shooters. Maybe I'll pick up Diablo 3 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom