• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkTR

While that is partly true, a lot of 360 owners went to PS4 this gen, and I'm sure most people expected Destiny would be similar in quality and features to the Halo games, being from Bungie.

If people want Halo they're looking in all the wrong places, you can't get Halo anywhere other than with a Halo game.

Using imagination. No details
First 300 people got a tour of bungie studios, signed copies of the first few hundred destiny retail discs made, signed strategy guides/posters, tshirts, red bull, buttons, and stickers. Just a ton of swag getting passed out. Also got to play the game with some devs. It was a ton of fun.

Trace

Banned
First 300 people got a tour of bungie studios, signed copies of the first few hundred destiny retail discs made, signed strategy guides/posters, tshirts, red bull, buttons, and stickers. Also got to play the game with some devs. It was a ton of fun.

I was hoping they were going to bring some of this to the Destiny PAX panel.

We got nadda :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The levels on some of the maps is gonna take a hell of a lot of getting used to

also, if you play low sensitivity, blade dancer is gonna be hell with the shift to third person

East coast people that are going physical.
aV6jHY4.gif

N° 2048

Idk why bungie had to make a game around this boring stuff.

OE at least why it was their first big project in years and what they will focus on for 10 years.

I bet this game is quickly forgotten by November.

I think those things are fun. I love Bungie's work with Halo and this is kind of like that with the added social aspect, loot and other mmo-ish type things to me. I loved the Alpha and Beta too, a lot.

With that being said, I do hope it is updated with some fresh content as well as supported in the long run.

Oh snap, it's 12am EST..only 3 hours to go.

VanWinkle

If people want Halo they're looking in all the wrong places, you can't get Halo anywhere other than with a Halo game.

No, not an exact copy of Halo, but Halo-quality gunplay (check) with crucial Halo features (non-check). It really should have at least had a ranking system, custom games, and theater mode.

Vestax

Banned
halo guys have TMCC to look forward to in two months, which is more than they'll ever need.

Haha...a decade-old collection of Halo games? Is the standard so low now for current gen?

Between FH2, Driveclub, Far Cry, and CoD, etc...plenty new current-gen experiences on he horizon for both consoles.

Maybe i'm wrong in asking this, but I think I speak for others here when I ask for people to hold back on their knee-jerk reactions, not that they all are or anything.

So, since we only downloaded a couple of hundred MB in the preload, how long will I need to wait in tomorrow to play this?

Is it work getting up in the dead of night and setting the 20GB download going?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So, since we only downloaded a couple of hundred MB in the preload, how long will I need to wait in tomorrow to play this?

check under information on the app - you've probably already downloaded the 20gb

its not in the download tab

West coast here and I have the digital download versions. I read some shenanigans about being able to play early by changing your clock or timezone or something? is that real? if so how do you do it?

VanWinkle

Oh darlin; now you're just trying too hard. Go eat a cookie.

I think I saw that you thought more positively of the game, which is cool, so could you go into a little detail about the mission variety? That's one of my bigger concerns, especially after reading some of the more negative impressions.

Haha...a decade-old collection of Halo games? Is the standard so low now for current gen?

Between FH2, Driveclub, Far Cry, and CoD...plenty new current-gen experiences on he horizon for both consoles.

yet it's telling when a 'decade-old collection' moves units for people instead of those 'new experiences'.

CREMSteve

The preload is done if you turned your PS4 on. Click Storage management, applications, Destiny. SHould be 21GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom