• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody be like

Oprah could have been playing last week if she wanted.

Just three more hours....

attachment.php

Haha this is gold

Roommate just got home with his copy for X1 and I am still waiting 3 more hours to play my copy. Gamestop is in walking distance and he says there are tons of people still there waiting in line. I could go there right now and get copy and play before the 3 hours are up. Never pre-ordering a game digitally again. I learned my lesson all right. lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe i'm wrong in asking this, but I think I speak for others here when I ask for people to hold back on their knee-jerk reactions, not that they all are or anything.

Well, the knee-jerk reaction is that the game is the same experience as the beta. I don't think it's a problem for those who didn't expect the game to be massively different than it was 6 weeks ago.

So, since we only downloaded a couple of hundred MB in the preload, how long will I need to wait in tomorrow to play this?

Is it work getting up in the dead of night and setting the 20GB download going?

No the preload starts the whole download. To see the rest of the download, press the options button when highlighting the game and click on information.

VanWinkle

Roommate just got home with his copy for X1 and I am still waiting 3 more hours to play my copy. Gamestop is in walking distance and he says there are tons of people still there waiting in line. I could go there right now and get copy and play before the 3 hours are up. Never pre-ordering a game digitally again lol.

Holy cow, that was fast for him to get home, lol. It turned midnight only four minutes ago.

dmr87

I can already taste the hype backlash threads in about a months time, though Activation would have gotten all their money by then anyway.

All according to keikaku.

Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

That being said, I like the art style and atmosphere.

Will post more inpressionz after i fight the kabal.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.

What I expected after playing the beta and following the more recent news.

check under information on the app - you've probably already downloaded the 20gb

its not in the download tab

Good advice! Looks like I have 5.5GB out of 18GB already down.

Edit: Just me or is a it a bit clunky it doesn't show up in the downloads section of the UI? I could have noticed it downloading and left the PS4 on since I preordered!

RiverKwai

Nineteen hours left baby! (until I get off work, and come home to a UPS package which I will then unbox, and then whatever patches need to be installed, and then creating a character, and then maybe playing for 3 hours before bed!)

Vire

I still haven't downloaded the Vanguard Armor preorder bonus for the digital PS4 version - is this normal?

xemumanic

@DestinyTheGame: You're up, East Coast. #Destiny has officially arrived in the US. RT if you're about to #BecomeLegend. http://t.co/gXDxlmfZ94

Doesn't this mean its up now?

Exxxxxxxxxxxcept for people like me, who got the digital version?

Furyous

Earth moon and venus completed. I give it a 7 out of 10 so far and I am being generous.

The entire mission structure consists of this. Press square for ghost and defend waves of enemies. That is all you will be doing for 5 hours straight. No variety just the same boring shit.

No memorable set pieces here folks. Killzone shadow fall was garbage and that had better set pieces.

That being said, I like the art style and atmosphere.

Will post more inpressionz after i fight the kabal.

P.s keep your expectations in check. Think of the game as a first person warframe with about the same quality missions.

This helps my purchasing decision...

I like grinding, endless mobs and loot.
Sowat?

Destiny is for me.

This is the reason I'll buy the game. Give me loot and customization options and I'm in. Am I the only one hoping all this pre-emptive disappointment forces a price drop in two weeks in both digital and physical copies? Watch someone speed run this game within two weeks and post on a forum pissed off.

Everyone should hold off on final opinions until the game is out and a GAFers have played it. I'm lurking the threads with impressions. At least let Giant Bomb quick look it first.

Kaezul

Digital code won't work until 3am est right? I have my code from gamestop already, but it says its invalid if I try using it on PSN. Its a code for the PS3 copy.

Trouble

Banned
Ok, GAF just got home after a 6 hour drive. Says 3 hours (midnight) on my PS4, I'm on the west coast. Someone fill me in here, this is locked to midnight PDT for the digital copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom