• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seil

I'm interested in how only having one tank will change the map flow now.

It means I can't jump in the interceptor then charge into theirs, so the beginning isn't gonna be even half as fun =( Plus with the other nerfs, the interceptor just seems a lot less interesting to obtain. Unless it's actually a lot better than they make it sound, I'd probably just try to blow it up instead and jump in a pike x.x

We got confirmation that there would only be one tank on First Light, and also that Bungie would be altering the maps so that vehicles wouldn't be able to get inside the buildings to camp on the Capture Zones.

I saw that as a somewhat risky tactic (and therefore not something that needed fixing)

It wasn't hard to eliminate vehicles that confined themselves to such a small space, most of the time.

It means I can't jump in the interceptor then charge into theirs, so the beginning isn't gonna be even half as fun =( Plus with the other nerfs, the interceptor just seems a lot less interesting to obtain. Unless it's actually a lot better than they make it sound, I'd probably just try to blow it up instead and jump in a pike x.x
Sounds about what's gonna happen. It's gonna be a death trap.

HunRevan

Yes, posting NSFW .gifs, in violation of the ToS, for pages at a time is a good way to get a thread locked. Welcome, BTW.

I guess they thought that this OT will bring end to the Withdrawal thread anyway. Though I will try to behave as the TOS say. Hunters are like that... Frabjous. :p

I saw that as a somewhat risky tactic (and therefore not something that needed fixing)

It wasn't hard to eliminate vehicles that confined themselves to such a small space, most of the time.

Not really but sometimes they would just stay shooting at an entrance and the splash damage would get you if you moved, and then that gave chances for people to come in and hurt you as you were trapped there.

All they need to do is add those barriers like in the Halo titles that prevents outside bullet damage and vehicles from hurting you.

Sounds about what's gonna happen. It's gonna be a death trap.

Is it any different than rushing for the rocket launcher in Blood Gulch, the spartan cannon in Valhalla or the sword in that alien spaceship level in the Halo titles? It's just an enticing thing in the map to get.

are the other Guardian species on the Bungie site because I didn't see any info in the OP.
Nope just the three, but why would you want to be anything else other than a breakdancing robot?

Yup, I knew they would balance things out. Every time I got to play PvP in the moon my eyes would roll, because I knew I'd be obliterated by the vehicles. I'm that guy that is always on foot for some dumb reason lol.

Not really but sometimes they would just stay shooting at an entrance and the splash damage would get you if you moved, and then that gave chances for people to come in and hurt you as you were trapped there.

All they need to do is add those barriers like in the Halo titles that prevents outside bullet damage and vehicles from hurting you.

Is it any different than rushing for the rocket launcher in Blood Gulch, the spartan cannon in Valhalla or the sword in that alien spaceship level in the Halos? It's just an enticing thing in the map to get.

Nope just the three, but why would you want to be anything else other than a breakdancing robot?
Don't you bring logic to my posts! D:<

stupid question incoming..

I played the Beta for PS3 and the create a character looked good but not so much ingame..
Is that because of it was a beta or is that just the way PS3 is gonna look??

(played it at my friends house on PS4 and it looked insanely better lol)

Seil

Is it any different than rushing for the rocket launcher in Blood Gulch, the spartan cannon in Valhalla or the sword in that alien spaceship level in the Halos? It's just an enticing thing in the map to get.

I would agree about it being enticing had it not been nerfed a lot. Now it sounds like a shell of its former self, maybe a slight nuisance if someone else gets it. I loved the interceptor, but would be more likely to just try to get rid of it than actually use it now(again, unless it's not as bad as they make it sound).

I was honestly fond of the moon map as it was, and just felt a lot of people wanted to play it differently than it was designed to be played x.x Or didn't bother understanding it, like the fact I was never once charged into by another interceptor, while in an interceptor or a turret. Interceptors could take others out, and turrets, via their tackle in one hit. Yet no one bothered to try it on me. To me, it just goes to show people didn't understand things they could do.

Edit: My opinion is that people didn't understand the interceptor, as it was, enough. Taking it out seemed harder than it was because of that and it seemed too OP. But as a user of the interceptor I realized tactics that commonly worked against me, and things I could overcome like turrets that weren't on raised platforms. Always fun to charge into a turret =p

Also the ability to take pikes into buildings made the map fun x.x It was different but people didn't like that I guess.

Marvel

could never
We got confirmation that there would only be one tank on First Light, and also that Bungie would be altering the maps so that vehicles wouldn't be able to get inside the buildings to camp on the Capture Zones.
So no more Pikes inside A on First Light? *shifty look*

stupid question incoming..

I played the Beta for PS3 and the create a character looked good but not so much ingame..
Is that because of it was a beta or is that just the way PS3 is gonna look??

(played it at my friends house on PS4 and it looked insanely better lol)

I never played the PS3 version, but I think what you saw in the Beta is what you will see next week for the most part. I mean, the PS3, although great and all, is kind of old.

Dolobill

Are they nerfing the interceptor? Jeez, I hope not. I never used them, but I never had any issues with them. Turrets and supers cut through them like butter. I hope this doesn't turn out like Halo Reach where getting in a vehicle means you will die. Those vehicles (warthog especially) were made of paper.

immodicus

Neo Member
Yeah I thought the Interceptor was fine how it was. Just newbies whining. They weren't too hard to take out, and with a slower rof I doubt I will be able to survive a coordinated effort to take me out like I used to be able to.

And thats not even considering that we weren't using full powered Guardians in the beta. That poor vehicle is not going to stand up in end-game pvp.

I'm actually glad that the weapons got some major balancing. I loved the scout rifles, but 9/10 times I would simply be outgunned by an AR. Wasn't as big of a fan of the handcannon as many others here, but I'm glad those that those too got a buff, I'm all for more diversity in both weapon usage and playstyles.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm actually glad that the weapons got some major balancing. I loved the scout rifles, but 9/10 times I would simply be outgunned by an AR. Wasn't as big of a fan of the handcannon as many others here, but I'm glad those that those too got a buff, I'm all for more diversity in both weapon usage and playstyles.

really? i thought the scout rifle was way better than the ar at mid-long range.

Based Team Exo FTW

Oh look another "why are bla bla for Destiny thread". Day can't be complete without it.

yeah i was a female exo, but the robot dance wasn't too great, male exo one looks way better

Marvel

could never
AR's were fucking lasers, glad they got tweaked.

Follow me brothers and sisters into Hand Cannon paradise!

Kane1345

Agree. Gonna try scout rifle and hand cannon more in PVP and hopefully the whole thing is way more balanced

yeah i was a female exo, but the robot dance wasn't too great, male exo one looks way better
HotAgileDoctorfish.gif
Nothing beats this ever.
http://youtu.be/t8XbsFxyYpE

LowParry

Right? I'm basically waiting for the "your order has been dispatched!" email for the rest of the week now. Kinda hoping ShopTo will delivery early like they usually do, but I doubt it considering the volume of orders...

I probably won't see confirmation from Amazon till Monday. Though at the bright side, I should have my second controller and XB1 analog sticks to mod.

And you are right as it should be. However the AR was great at that range too. Close, medium, long, didn't matter. It would simply rip anything to shreds easily. A great all purpose weapon, versus a great mid-long range one. See my point? :p

I would agree about it being enticing had it not been nerfed a lot. Now it sounds like a shell of its former self, maybe a slight nuisance if someone else gets it. I loved the interceptor, but would be more likely to just try to get rid of it than actually use it now(again, unless it's not as bad as they make it sound).

I was honestly fond of the moon map as it was, and just felt a lot of people wanted to play it differently than it was designed to be played x.x Or didn't bother understanding it, like the fact I was never once charged into by another interceptor, while in an interceptor or a turret. Interceptors could take others out, and turrets, via their tackle in one hit. Yet no one bothered to try it on me. To me, it just goes to show people didn't understand things they could do.

Edit: My opinion is that people didn't understand the interceptor, as it was, enough. Taking it out seemed harder than it was because of that and it seemed too OP. But as a user of the interceptor I realized tactics that commonly worked against me, and things I could overcome like turrets that weren't on raised platforms. Always fun to charge into a turret =p

Also the ability to take pikes into buildings made the map fun x.x It was different but people didn't like that I guess.

If most people think there was an issue with how the vehicles were in the maps it's not that nobody else understood them. I'm sure some want to make an argument as to why asssault rifles shouldn't have gotten nerfed either.

You're imagining the worst, but if they kept one vehicle on screen it probably means they still are pretty decent in the right hands. You're making it sound like you only did good with the vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom