• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck I got pissed when people started posting those NSFW gifs. But doubt it, thread was gonna get closed within an hour before it happened anyways.

It was gonna get locked anyways, they just sped it up because the off-topic was fine up till a point but people were being idiots with NSFW gifs.

Yeah everyone paid because of a few rotten apples. Not cool at all.

Vitanimus

Pshh, we all know which kids are the coolest. 1994 was the year all legends were born.

ibu70ywTFpw6Xl.gif

the truth

I still look 16

Jamesways

1974 represent! I still destroy people online regularly, no worries. Nobody's gonna flip a switch and make your mad skillz go away. Hah.

1973 here. Not so sure on that Cheech, to quote Penny Arcade, "these G'damn kids don't know where to hit you anywhere but the head!"

Will play after 1 year old girl is in bed, and reader glasses on.

Where is Dax?
Is she pissed people got her thread locked by posting those dumb gifs?

That was a sad way to end the thread. Right after I posted a picture of my homemade salsa, the thread was locked for NSFW content, and I'm like wow, I know it was sexy salsa, but damn.

1974 represent!

Anyway, back on topic...I finally broke down and ordered the Digital version. I'm crossing my fingers that it opens early on the East Coast, but if not I'll just go to bed early and jump on it first thing when I wake up. I just couldn't see putting the disc in everyday for the life of the game just to start a few hours early.

It was a like a contest to see who could post the most NSFW gifs. It was bound to happen.

Sometimes I don't understand GAF policies though. I mean wouldn't the normal course of action be to ban whoever is instigating trouble? I mean sure, the OT was going to drop soon anyway, but it was kind of nice to have a more open thread. We should really have a Destiny hangout or something.

darthbob

That was a sad way to end the thread. Right after I posted a picture of my homemade salsa, the thread was locked for NSFW content, and I'm like wow, I know it was sexy salsa, but damn.

1974 represent!

Anyway, back on topic...I finally broke down and ordered the Digital version. I'm crossing my fingers that it opens early on the East Coast, but if not I'll just go to bed early and jump on it first thing when I wake up. I just couldn't see putting the disc in everyday for the life of the game just to start a few hours early.

For PS4, it should unlock at 3AM EST.

But you never know.

Marvel

could never
That is sad to hear. After the end of the beta that thread was really great to read. I hope I will not make any mistakes like that. I want to stick with you DestinyGaf. :)
All you gotta do is make it past 3 months and have 300 posts, member status shall then be yours.

Junior bans are permanent.

Welcome to GAF though!

Sometimes I don't understand GAF policies though. I mean wouldn't the normal course of action be to ban whoever is instigating trouble? I mean sure, the OT was going to drop soon anyway, but it was kind of nice to have a more open thread. We should really have a Destiny hangout or something.

Once the game is out we can have somebody make a Destiny Community Thread in the gaming community sub-forum. We can talk about more random and personal shit than here in the OT. I grew to like you guys as one of my favorite communities.

Seil

I want sparrow races. Make it happen Bungie.

I also want this. Weaponized sparrow races would be even cooler, but then I'd want to keep the weapons and they won't let us do that =(

That would be a cool addition actually... Make it work like the crucible/vanguard, if you reach a high rank you can get your hands on another upgraded sparrow with some low tier weapon. Maybe Destiny 2 =(

HunRevan

All you gotta do is make it past 3 months and have 300 posts, member status shall then be yours.

Junior bans are permanent.

Welcome to GAF though!

Thank you for the advice. I will try to stick with Destiny (and also Halo :O) threads until i am a full member. :) And of course after that too.

I want sparrow races. Make it happen Bungie.

A dinosaur pokemon after my own heart <3

Bungie has mentioned that the community might want to do Sparrow races similar to how people in Halo 2 had all of those unofficial game types. The difference is that we don't have custom games in Destiny.

Also Tony Hawk Pro Sparrow 3 takes priority. We already know you can do some sweet tricks with the sparrow. McTwist 3000, ollie, kickflip. fuck ya breh

Justin fucking Bieber and Dakotah Fanning were born in 1994. Your year only brought despair to this world.

1991 has fucking Hermione, the brother from That's So Raven, Dewie from fucking Malcom in the Middle. We are better.

Danganronpa 2 line for you over here, in order to bring hope to world, there has to be some despair. The despair of not having the greatest loot, which brings the hope of obtaining it. The despair of not being able to complete a raid, which brings hope when you do it. That kind of thing, know what I'm saying?

Once the game is out we can have somebody make a Destiny Community Thread in the gaming community sub-forum. We can talk about more random and personal shit than here in the OT. I grew to like you guys as one of my favorite communities.

Yeah all silliness aside, I agree. I mean, the fact that I'm on that hall of shame goes to show that I truly enjoyed our discussions there.

I also want this. Weaponized sparrow races would be even cooler, but then I'd want to keep the weapons and they won't let us do that =(

That would be a cool addition actually... Make it work like the crucible/vanguard, if you reach a high rank you can get your hands on another upgraded sparrow with some low tier weapon. Maybe Destiny 2 =(
Well the weaponized sparrows are the pikes.

For PS4, it should unlock at 3AM EST.

But you never know.

Yeah, that's what it looks like for now. I'm not staying up that late just to get started. I'd end up rushing my character creation and rush the beginning.

If for some reason it does come out earlier, then I'll play into the wee hours.

Seil

Well the weaponized sparrows are the pikes.

Not really, they differ in acceleration etc as well. Point being, they've said they're against weaponized personal vehicles. But things can change, and it'd be cool if it were something you could earn. As it stands, you can already earn legit superior sparrows via the crucible and vanguard with better durability, speed and even the ability to evade roll, so why not go another step and make an even better one with a weak gun or something. Not as powerful as a pike, but something for the hell of it.

GravyButt

Went to best buy for an instore pickup today. Noticed in cage section for pickups a destiny ps4 was there, and stacks of xbox one and ps4 games. Is it out in the wild? (Guess it dont matter, no servers right?)

I just realized, did we ever get confirmation if vehicles would be nerfed? They were a bit too OP in multi on the moon

From one IGN interview at E3 or Gamescom, I remember them mentioning this. Something like those bigger vehicles getting a dmg debuff, and there would only be 1 spawning in the centre of the map.

Your are not old. Just do the same as I do. Tell that you are younger than your age. I always do that. :D I look way younger than 25.

Oh totally,I still look like a teen when I shave off my scruffy beard.
I remember being mistaken for a high-school student while waiting for an appointment a few days ago.

Vitanimus

Can the week get any slower? I have worlds to save by punching evil in the face.

jILg02i.gif

Right? I'm basically waiting for the "your order has been dispatched!" email for the rest of the week now. Kinda hoping ShopTo will delivery early like they usually do, but I doubt it considering the volume of orders...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Has there been any outlines of what is being altered/improved from the beta aside from the vehicle changes on the Moon map?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I just realized, did we ever get confirmation if vehicles would be nerfed? They were a bit too OP in multi on the moon
We got confirmation that there would only be one tank on First Light, and also that Bungie would be altering the maps so that vehicles wouldn't be able to get inside the buildings to camp on the Capture Zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom