• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Watching the announcement video for this game. What location is this?

i8fP0uPtO9E15.PNG

I am weak. After much mewling and crying and thinking and deciding I preordered this on xbox one for the soul purpose of preloading.

Why would I do that? Why? My ps4 is glaring at me.
I'm sorry, bud

Xbone Destiny Gaf, help me dry my tears.

Gamertag: JohnnyLovesYou

calder

Does anyone listen to the Guardian Radio podcast?

Eh, occasionally. I'd love a good Destiny podcast to listen to but I'm not a huge fan of Guardian Radio, I don't like the format. Any show that spends over 5 minutes introducing the same guys every week has to absolutely nail the content for me to put up with it, but thus far GR hasn't impressed me with the quality of it's meandering speculation (which, admittedly, is all anyone has until next week).

I was born in '72! Good to see us older/wiser gamers representing in the Destiny Thread.

ly_fremen_desert.png

Representing 40sGAF with pride!
dillon_predatoracszd.gif

1972 reporting in.

PS3 beta was solid. I'll be starting Destiny on PS3 next Monday at 7 p.m. Eastern via the UK PSN digital version. I'm putting down an extra $20 to get in at least a solid 5 hours earlier. Already getting PS4 Digital Guardian edition and 360 Ghost Edition. I want it all!
I'll be looking out for you on the evening of the 9th. Don't burn yourself out before I get a chance to play with a friend. :)

Raven77

So pumped for this.

Anyone else been on media lock down? I haven't seen a single trailer since the initial one and have looked at only a couple screens.

Currently I...

have no idea who the enemies are or what they look like

dont know anything about the planets or what they look like

dont know anything about the "raids" or maps / dungeons

dont know if the game has ships? if so what for?

I'm going in so blind, EVERYTHING WILL BE A NEW DISCOVERY!!!

calder

I just realized....

There's wind on the moon now.

Pre-order cancelled.

Lol yeah they took a million liberties with physics and so on like most sci fi does. The Earth is way too big, you shouldn't be able to see stars at all during the day, etc. But people have a mental image of how it "should" look based largely on how stuff looks on Earth so they toss in some 'uh half finished terraforming' to the story and make it look like how we want it to look.

Not to mention the gameplay ramifications of having reduced gravity on the moon or realistic day/night cycles. Oh god I remember how crappy DayZ server were that had 24 hour clocks. So annoying.

Luckily, I doubt many people are looking for hard scifi in a game with straight up space magic.

So pumped for this.

Anyone else been on media lock down? I haven't seen a single trailer since the initial one and have looked at only a couple screens.

Currently I...

have no idea who the enemies are or what they look like

dont know anything about the planets or what they look like

dont know anything about the "raids" or maps / dungeons

dont know if the game has ships? if so what for?

I'm going in so blind, EVERYTHING WILL BE A NEW DISCOVERY!!!

Must have gone to great lengths to dodge all the advertisements up recently.

I am weak. After much mewling and crying and thinking and deciding I preordered this on xbox one for the soul purpose of preloading.

Why would I do that? Why? My ps4 is glaring at me.
I'm sorry, bud

Xbone Destiny Gaf, help me dry my tears.

Gamertag: JohnnyLovesYou

You do realize PS4 has preloading starting on the 7th, two full days before the game launches right??

Oh, and "sole"... :)

Toa TAK

Banned
I got the standard edition. I'll just pick up the season pass later.

I'm excited, but not compelled to pick up anything more expensive. It's reminiscent of a COD LE.

X-Frame

I went from the Standard Edition physical, to the Limited Edition physical, to Amazon Digital Guardian, finally stopping with the PSN Digital Guardian.

Violater

I'm literally the only person I know IRL who's getting the Limited Edition. My friends who are getting the game are grabbing the Standard Edition.

Nope, I missed out as well. They have come back in stock twice at Amazon (once for the Ghost edition) and the Amazon email alert system failed to send me an email.

I had the LE in my cart yesterday and missed out when I went to compare it to the SE.
bummer.
Now I am not sure what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom