• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kei-

I had the LE in my cart yesterday and missed out when I went to compare it to the SE.
bummer.
Now I am not sure what to do.

Lol that sucks, should have just ordered it. Having been on Slickdeals for several years now, I should know better and always pull the trigger first and think later. Especially in a situation like this. Can't hurt to pre-order you know? You can always just cancel it. I was always so hesitant and as a result missed out on Ghost Edition, Limited Edition and several other deals. But this was the last straw. Never again!

Violater

Lol that sucks, should have just ordered it. Having been on Slickdeals for several years now, I should know better and always pull the trigger first and think later. Especially in a situation like this. Can't hurt to pre-order you know? You can always just cancel it. I was always so hesitant and as a result missed out on Ghost Edition, Limited Edition and several other deals. But this was the last straw. Never again!

Ehh live n learn.
I'm cautious about games these days been burnt too many times and I just have a hangup on pre-ordering dlc.

But I'm a Hunter. Gotta go fast!

i thought you were a warlock this whole time.

I feel used.

[IG]https://images.encyclopediadramatica.es/9/9f/GOTTA_GO_FAST.gif[/IMG]

J30T47a.png

Jafo_

Mine are only showing my Xbox Live account as 'Destiny Accounts', despite playing it and choosing PS4 as my beta platform.

Gonna give it a day or so before I try again.

You might want to check your b.net site profile, to see which system you have linked, you may have selected PS4 as the beta, but are still linked to your Xbox account.

I still have no idea what this game is and why everyone is excited. seems like borderlands cross halo. Also no idea the size of the content available seems limited to sell the season pass, based on the ot description for worlds.

Jafo_

I still have no idea what this game is and why everyone is excited. seems like borderlands cross halo. Also no idea the size of the content available seems limited to sell the season pass, based on the ot description for worlds.

Then you might be in the wrong thread? Did you play the Alpha or Beta? The beta was free to all 4 systems.

If you have no idea you must live under a rock if you don't recognize Bungie as a big name game developer whose next project would get people excited or all the talk about the Alpha and Beta. You're welcome to investigate what the game is by reading the OP and following links. Can you really not fathom why people could be excited over it?

I'd suggest you expand on your point of view because as of right now you came into an OT to do a drive-by post.

KevinG

I am weak. After much mewling and crying and thinking and deciding I preordered this on xbox one for the soul purpose of preloading.

Why would I do that? Why? My ps4 is glaring at me.
I'm sorry, bud

Xbone Destiny Gaf, help me dry my tears.

Gamertag: JohnnyLovesYou

Welcome, friend.

You still picking it up on PS4?

nbraun80

no I'm trying to find out more about the game, so this is the right thread correct there, wise guy.
no you literally said you have no idea what this game is then in the same breath said you have no idea why people are excited and that it seems small on content. It was more of an accusation or statement then an inquisition about the game. Also almost every big game in the last 2-3 years has a season pass available from day 1.

no I'm trying to find out more about the game, so this is the right thread correct there, wise guy.

then you chose very poor wording with the "i have no idea why everyone is excited" as there can be a pretty simple reasoning to that, outside of knowing what the game is.

As to your actual question, I'll let somebody else help out. I can only suggest thoroughly reading the OP, watching gameplay videos and developer diaries. But a way to simplify is to say "Borderlands meets Halo" I guess. It's a shooter with co-op mechanics based on acquiring loot and matchmaking multiplayer and with RPG mechanics (leveling up skills, etc...)

You said you have no idea what this game is and no idea why people are excited. If all the info in the first post ITT plus the hundreds of pages of comments from posters talking about why they are excited is not enough for you to "get it" then I'm not sure if anyone can help you. Sorry.

Guys, either post useful info or ignore him. I don't want the OT to become a hater thread.

Some are getting extremely defensive, personally it doesn't bother me I was only pointing out what seemed like a drive-by post. I can see why though, the game is getting way too many threads of people being negative on the game. It gives GAF even more of a negative gamer bad name, like with Watch Dogs. I actually bothered with that game and found it entertaining, but I can agree with criticism.

BUT WHICH SUBCLASS
(My avatar is relevant)
You're trying way too hard to get avatar quoted lol. It must occur naturally, let it happen by itself.

Personally I'm not to sure why I would ever use a hand cannon as long as the scout rifle exists.

This is very true. The scout rifle felt very comprehensive in PvE to me. A head shot machine yet still a good rate of fire, which seemed very important to deal with waves solo.

The hand cannons didn't have enough of a power advantage to overcome their accuracy shortcomings. Here's hoping the buff works.

You're trying way too hard to get avatar quoted lol. It must occur naturally, let it happen by itself.
I find it relevant because that's actually me screaming in my pic
E.x. I scream on here and IRL
This is very true. The scout rifle felt very comprehensive in PvE to me. A head shot machine yet still a good rate of fire, which seemed very important to deal with waves solo.

The hand cannons didn't have enough of a power advantage to overcome their accuracy shortcomings. Here's hoping the buff works.
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom