• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

majik13

ly_fremen_desert.png

Representing 40sGAF with pride!

fwiw I made a group called the Spice Lords on Bungie.net

Remark

Banned
is their going to be digital download for the 360 version or do i have to buy retail? really don't want to but if i have to ill head up to walmart on release (mines didn't really get pre-orders so i should be able to pick up on release day)

PS3 only guy here, so I'm very happy to hear the game plays identical for the most part. But I haven't really found much else on the PS3 version at all. Anyone know if there's anything to be wary of? I do not care about the shadows/textures and whatever else graphically the PS3 cannot handle, just wondering if I'm truly good to go with the PS3 version from what we know so far?
PS3 beta was solid. I'll be starting Destiny on PS3 next Monday at 7 p.m. Eastern via the UK PSN digital version. I'm putting down an extra $20 to get in at least a solid 5 hours earlier. Already getting PS4 Digital Guardian edition and 360 Ghost Edition. I want it all!

Grewitch

Thanks for doing the research. I wish Sony would have just increased the price on the Destiny PS4 and included the expansion material. So it goes, we'll have to buy it when it comes out.

If you wanted to, you might consider getting the season pass. It's small savings compared to buying them individually but it's savings nonetheless.

PS3 only guy here, so I'm very happy to hear the game plays identical for the most part. But I haven't really found much else on the PS3 version at all. Anyone know if there's anything to be wary of? I do not care about the shadows/textures and whatever else graphically the PS3 cannot handle, just wondering if I'm truly good to go with the PS3 version from what we know so far?

I played the 360 beta, since I didn't have my One yet, and as far as I can tell, no content/player numbers were cut to fit. Aside from not playing cross gen/system, everyone gets the same game.

RoKKeR

Any word on a soundtrack release? Listening to Halo soundtracks is one of my favorite things to do while studying/reading.

Any word on a soundtrack release? Listening to Halo soundtracks is one of my favorite things to do while studying/reading.

Speaking of the soundtrack, why did Bungie release Marty again? I never followed up on that.

This game is looking to have a brilliant soundtrack based off what I played of the Alpha/Beta.

I don't know if I could ever listen to the track that plays at the end of The Last Array and not want to immediately jump in-game and shoot something. Would definitely kill any and all motivation to "work".

Tovarisc

Speaking of the soundtrack, why did Bungie release Marty again? I never followed up on that..

Neither party, Bungie or Marty, hasn't talked about specifics behind his firing.

Through court order he did get nice pay and crapton of shares tho that Bungie tried to keep from him even when Marty was entitled to them.

I'd actually just prefer if it's 3 minutes of guardians dancing. It's starting to feel that it was Microsoft's involvement that made all of those great Halo trailers. Like both of the live action ones and the freeze shot figurines one. Those were great.
I'm fine with cgi. Their first one was pretty good. Made for some cool gifs.

is their going to be digital download for the 360 version or do i have to buy retail? really don't want to but if i have to ill head up to walmart on release (mines didn't really get pre-orders so i should be able to pick up on release day)

Major Nelson said there will be a digital version for 360 on the day of release.

GravyButt

So besides the coop portions of mp, i hear talks about vehicles. What kind of team vs team mp is there? Set up like halo? I literally no nothing bout this game incept getting a quick taste of the beta, and giving psn $89.99

Grewitch

WATCH IT AGAIN

although... it kinda sucks, compared to the book. so, you dont have to watch it if you dont want to

I saw it a couple of years ago, and that little girl, the sister, with the glowing blue eyes, in the scene at the end is fascinating to watch.

Wanted to check out that TV series but the book man, the book was deep. I'm surprised in this era nobody's remade it yet. Probably for the best, it'd probably be given to hacks to script.

Will there be giant worms on mars and a single lone Awoken child with glowing blue eyes, dressed in white, resting beneath the shade of the bones of a dragon; watching the cabal and waiting, waiting for the Guardians to arrive?
Then she hears the passing sound of three ships, sounds she has never heard but long expected, and the light of three transmat beams appear in the distance. For the first time in centuries, Guardians stand upon Mars and she knows her wait is over.

Oh my God, it's turning into fanfic. It's getting to two in the morning guys, and there are foxes crying outside, I'm off to sleep. Catch you all tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom