• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

tumblr_lk59noLiIU1qino4lo1_500.gif

HOW DO I STOP THIS THING?!?!!

Now, we don't post until the 7th so everyone thinks we actually time traveled! hehe.

MMMmmmmmmm biting my tongue here, especially since the content in the game is severely lacking all of those locations you just posted.

Will this game does have a ton of content though. 4 big and diverse areas to explore in a single player campaign plus a multiplayer with 6 game modes and 10 maps. On top of this we get a few strikes and a raid. The quality of the content will be judged when I get to play the game but judging by my playtime in the alpha and beta, it's probably going to be nothing short of phenomenal. I trust bungie, their games are known for both the quality and quantity of their content.

I wish Europa, Mumbai push, Old Chicago and the Last city were in the game. Hopefully they will make it into the game eventually through DLC or something.

20140801151624!Europa.jpg

Mumbai_push.jpg

Old_Chicago.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-04-14-21h26m34s101.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-04-14-21h26m48s237.jpg

Can't complain about the amount of content in this game but the lack of icy/snowy environment is a huge disappointment.

Really wish those could be explored. I wonder whats up with Jupiter/Europa. The game's opening cinematic shows jupiter and saturn (though barely visible) when the narrator talks about the darkness consuming the galaxy, and both jupiter and saturn were shown at that Activision e3 booth back in 2013. I guess its all DLC, but I hope its not just a multiplayer map like Mercury.

VanWinkle

I wish Europa, Mumbai push, Old Chicago and the Last city were in the game. Hopefully they will make it into the game eventually through DLC or something.

Mumbai_push.jpg

Old_Chicago.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-04-14-21h26m34s101.jpg

Can't complain about the amount of content in this game but the lack of icy/snowy environment is a huge disappointment.

I know man. All of those look more interesting than the locations in the game. But I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side.

I just wish we had more environment variety. It needs some more stuff like the concept art you posted.

kidko

We'll get there eventually!

I'm guessing we'll explore our solar system in Destiny, then go on the attack and against the darkness in another system in Destiny 2.

Really wish those could be explored. I wonder whats up with Jupiter/Europa. The game's opening cinematic shows jupiter and saturn (though barely visible) when the narrator talks about the darkness consuming the galaxy, and both jupiter and saturn were shown at that Activision e3 booth back in 2013. I guess its all DLC, but I hope its not just a multiplayer map like Mercury.

I don't know about Jupiter and Saturn, but Uranus was completely drilled of all its resources and that's why it's a barren wasteland. Shame we can't go there though.

Quick question, I just noticed this today. I was part of the DGAF East 1 clan, but noticed that I'm now in no clan whatsoever. Did our memberships get wiped or something when our beta data got wiped? I'm still part of the groups, that's why I'm a bit confused.

Quick question, I just noticed this today. I was part of the DGAF East 1 clan, but noticed that I'm now in no clan whatsoever. Did our memberships get wiped or something when our beta data got wiped? I'm still part of the groups, that's why I'm a bit confused.

They disabled Clans on the site until launch. The admins will have to reactivate the Group's clan status at that point.

VanWinkle

We'll get there eventually!

I'm guessing we'll explore our solar system in Destiny, then go on the attack and against the darkness in another system in Destiny 2.

I would love that to be the case, but no way we're getting the rest of the planets and more areas on earth with just DLC. The DLC would equal more content than included in the game, which is very unlikely. I would be very surprised if we got another planet via any of the expansions, and I would be somewhat surprised if we got any of these new areas period.

They disabled Clans on the site until launch. The admins will have to reactivate the Group's clan status at that point.

I read the OP on the thread but saw no info whatsoever, thanks for letting me know. Would an admin be able to tell me if we have to go through the same process as last time to get accepted, or will it be automatic?

I read the OP on the thread but saw no info whatsoever, thanks for letting me know. Would an admin be able to tell me if we have to go through the same process as last time to get accepted, or will it be automatic?

you'd literally just have to reclick "join PS clan" or "join xbox clan" in your group of choice. We admins will do most of the work.

GutZ31

You should just have to set to active clan when the servers go live, from what I understand.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, appreciate it. I was just browsing through Bungie.net to redeem my grimoire codes when I noticed that there were no more clans. All is good, nothing to worry about then.

I know man. All of those look more interesting than the locations in the game. But I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side.

I just wish we had more environment variety. It needs some more stuff like the concept art you posted.

I would disagree with that. Destiny has a ton of variety. A snowy grass area with a old, rusty industrial look(old russia), the moon(kind of hard to describe), desert/urban environment(mars) and a forest/jungle(Venus). I just wish we had an Icy environment like these alongside the places I posted earlier.

Destiny_Game_Concept_Art_11b.jpg

Destiny-Concept-Art-36.jpg

VanWinkle

I would disagree with that. Destiny has a ton of variety. A snowy grass area with a old, rusty industrial look(old russia), the moon(kind of hard to describe), desert/urban environment(mars) and a forest/jungle(Venus). I just wish we had an Icy environment like these alongside the places I posted earlier.

Destiny_Game_Concept_Art_11b.jpg

Destiny-Concept-Art-36.jpg

See, I don't consider four distinct looking areas to be anywhere remotely resembling a "ton of variety". I'm excited for the game, but I certainly won't pretend that I'm not disappointed in having only four playable locales.

Oscar

Just preordered on the xbone myself thinking ps4 destiny preloading wasn't a thing.

My world just came crashing down on me.

At least I have a bigger XBL friends list and this is a coop game.
Same scenario here. I went the XB1 route because of friends, and I just imagined the rest of the year being mostly Destiny on the hard drive and Halo MCC occupying the disk drive.

Having cold feet because I've been using my PS4 way more. Oh well, will double dip if it's that good.

See, I don't consider four distinct looking areas to be anywhere remotely resembling a "ton of variety". I'm excited for the game, but I certainly won't pretend that I'm not disappointed in having only four playable locales.

Oh, I see, you are not satisfied with the amount of playable areas in the game. See, that doesn't mean lack of variety. Lack of variety would mean that the 4 playable areas are very similar each other as far as environmental art is concerned. Like all 4 having similar environments.

I'm really disappointed Europa didn't make it into the game. Would have made such a great contrast to all the other planets currently in it, and that concept art is incredible.

Also, this:

Is probably my favorite piece of concept art I've ever seen for a game. I love the atmosphere. Oh, how I wish we could explore the city.

neoism

so guys is it too late to get a pre-order for the WHITE ps4 on gamestop. I have it on amazon with two day shipping but it says guaranteed delivery Tuesday the 9th by 8pm -___- WHAT DO.... I have Tuesday off I really dont want to wait alllllll day. :(. Also why would it say guaranteed for Tuesday if it has two-day delivery and I have no way of changing it as I dont have prime anymore. Anyone that works at gamestop know if you can get the white system still?????

vakarian32

Ok I've decided to roll with a Titan at launch, I briefly tried one in the beta but I enjoyed it more than the Hunter. Now I just need to figure out how to get a day off work next week :p

Oscar

You won't be able to play until the servers are up on Tuesday, but at least you can kill time by talking to Tyrio- I mean the ghost.

Yes.
Servers are up "Whenever it's 9/9 somewhere in the world". They aren't flipping some switch at a specific PST time on 9/9. I'm still clinging on to hope for 9/8 via early physical copies or XB1 preload after setting time zone to NZ.

Edit: Source

Concept17

A couple of questions I couldn't find answers in the OP for:

What exactly are the 'sub-classes' ? Are they just a single ability as listed on the site, or something more?

What is the max level?

I'm really disappointed Europa didn't make it into the game. Would have made such a great contrast to all the other planets currently in it, and that concept art is incredible.

Also, this:

Is probably my favorite piece of concept art I've ever seen for a game. I love the atmosphere. Oh, how I wish we could explore the city.

A part of me still believes we will get to visit the last city. I don't think it's going to be an explorable area because it's the last safe city which means there are no enemies to fight in it. But I do think the city is going make an appearance as a campaign mission in which the traveler gets attacked and we have to defend it and the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom