• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

Did we ever get any info on wether there will be more Guardian customization options in the final game? I know we're all hoping for space beards but I thought the customization options were a little lacking.
At least without any further options I won't have to spend another hour on deciding between two extremely similar shades of red again...

Kane1345

Good morning fellow guardians

no ragrets

watching_avengers_i_understood_a_gif_reference-88347.gif

They canceled the surgery and decided to try a new type of chemo for 5 months. That will hopefully stop the spread of the cancer cells. They'll do surgery after that for my Gramps. 5% chance to live to 50%chance with this. Cancer can go fuck itself right off a cliff.
Sorry that I'm ranting :(

Points is I guess I'll see you guys on launch day now....if the servers hold(lol).

All the best wishes to you, your family and your gramps, Math. Currently have an aunt with cancer too and cancer can go fuck itself. Stay strong

I'm gonna play a female Awoken Hunter

LCBh0.gif

SnakeEyes

Banned
So how does preloading work? Do I just purchase Destiny on Xbox live and I can begin to preload? Thanks guardians
Purchase, and download the client/app. On launch, there may be an additional update or info to download within the client itself, but after that you're good to go.

Kane1345

Did we ever get any info on wether there will be more Guardian customization options in the final game? I know we're all hoping for space beards but I thought the customization options were a little lacking.
At least without any further options I won't have to spend another hour on deciding between two extremely similar shades of red again...

No info yet (unless I missed something over night) but I too am hoping for more. It would be good to have more choices in the sections they already have and obviously they need to include beards ;) I'm hopeful that they've added more since the beta

MaxiLive

You're lucky,
Kurt
. Especially since I have to wait till September 10th for my Amazon UK LE pre-order to start shipping. ;(

And I sure hope Rusted Lands isn't gonna be an Iron Banner-exclusive map.

Why the 10th? :eek:

Mine is due to make it for the 9th so I'm guessing it will be shipped on the 8th.

Omni

Okay so. I have an Xbox One and an Xbox 360. My question is:

My friends are gonna be playing on 360 so that's where I'm buying the game. But I also want to play on Xbox One because well. I can. So, it's a long shot. But if I create a character on the 360 and level up, and if I buy the game on Xbox One, can I use the same character there?

Basically. Can I switch back and forth between consoles while sharing the same stats and characters?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Why the 10th? :eek:

Mine is due to make it for the 9th so I'm guessing it will be shipped on the 8th.

No, wait. I was wrong.

Actually, it's about the delivery estimate dates. My pre-order should be delivered on 10th September-12th September

My friends are gonna be playing on 360 so that's where I'm buying the game. But I also want to play on Xbox One because well. I can. So, it's a long shot. But if I create a character on the 360 and level up, and if I buy the game on Xbox One, can I use the same character there?

Basically. Can I switch back and forth between consoles while sharing the same stats and characters?

Yes, you can

Omni

Yes, you can

Do you have like a quote or something? I'd like to be certain before shelling out another 100 dollars :p

Only reason I'm questioning is that with BF4 for example, the stats transfer was just a one off. I'd like to switch between consoles continuously

Karl Hawk

Banned
Do you have like a quote or something? I'd like to be certain before shelling out another 100 dollars :p

Only reason I'm questioning is that with BF4 for example, the stats transfer was just a one off. I'd like to switch between consoles continuously

darthbob (I'm sure you know him) played the beta a little bit on his PS3, transferred his character to PS4, and his character's progress were all saved.

But in regards to switching the same characters back and forth in last-gen and current-gen consoles, I don't know anything about that. I think we'll find out in the launch week.

Was it you who suggested "The Last Guardians" in the withdrawal thread Karl? That was the one I voted for :)

Nah, that was someone else. Forgot his name. ._.

It just occurred to me for some reason.

daninthemix

Never played the beta. How is the PS3 version? Worried about frame-rates, input lag, tearing etc. But for me it's either that or wait for a PC version.

Never played the beta. How is the PS3 version? Worried about frame-rates, input lag, tearing etc. But for me it's either that or wait for a PC version.

I've read that the only downgrade for the last gen is that the game only runs in 720p and there is a Vaseline filter there. Tearing, input lag or frame-rate problems I've not read of.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
darthbob (I'm sure you know him) played the beta a little bit on his PS3, transferred his character to PS4, and his character's progress were all saved.

But in regards to switching the same characters back and forth in last-gen and current-gen consoles, I don't know anything about that. I think we'll find out in the launch week.

Nah, that was someone else. Forgot his name. ._.

It just occurred to me for some reason.

Edit: wait, I had to re-level. sorry, lol.

daedalius

I think you can go 360 to xbone, but only once. I don't think it's like logging into an account on either console.

You can migrate from previous gen to this gen, one time, but that is it I believe.

Could totally be wrong!

StuffRuff

US PSN store digital edition unlocks at 3AM Eastern Tuesday.
EU PSN store digital edition unlocks at 7PM Eastern Monday.

You've just made my day. I kept reading things saying that the EU store unlock was going to be linked to midnight PST like the US store.

Looks like I'll be playing at midnight in the UK with my digial edition :)

I've bought Destiny on my US account I set up, but I will be playing on my normal UK PSN account. Does that mean When it starts installing on ym US account I can play it early on my UK account? I'm confused :S lol

So who is going for the Hunter class? It's the only class that I didn't try out in the alpha and beta. Was actually thinking of using Titan as my main but after watching tons of Destiny gameplay videos I'm thinking of using Hunter class as my main lol.

Team Hunter. Female Awoken Blade Dancer.

Cronnie

I've bought Destiny on my US account I set up, but I will be playing on my normal UK PSN account. Does that mean When it starts installing on ym US account I can play it early on my UK account? I'm confused :S lol

Nope, from what I understand you will need to wait until the content is unlocked from the PSN account that purchased the game (your US account), so you will have to wait until the US version is unlocked before you can play it on any of your accounts.

Yes. Well I know for sure you can transfer your characters to Xbox One. Not certain about switching back and forth, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

majik13

US PSN store digital edition unlocks at 3AM Eastern Tuesday.
EU PSN store digital edition unlocks at 7PM Eastern Monday.

Im in CA, so not a big deal. But I still find this odd, that Digital wont release until 3AM Eastern. Seems like a decent negative to going digital.
Are they doing that to guarantee no one breaks the street date(as I suppose it is easy to fake your location) Though TLoU:R released early 12:00AM Eastern, 9:00PM Pacific iirc, so I am not why'd they would be so strict about this.

Maybe they will change it last minute....

JimPanzer

Nope, from what I understand you will need to wait until the content is unlocked from the PSN account that purchased the game (your US account), so you will have to wait until the US version is unlocked before you can play it on any of your accounts.

isn't that what he said?

Ark

Not expecting Amazon to ship my LE until Monday tbh. Maybe tomorrow at the very earliest.

Not expecting the servers to hold up on launch day anyway :p

Oh ok. I just thought the US version would be unlocked earlier as they normally get first dibs. Timezones confuse me!

Not expecting Amazon to ship my LE until Monday tbh. Maybe tomorrow at the very earliest.

Not expecting the servers to hold up on launch day anyway :p

I expect Amazon to ship my LE and Ghost Edition on Friday. Two-day shipping/release date delivery with Prime.

Cronnie

isn't that what he said?

Well no, because I assume he was asking whether he could play earlier by using his UK account (as the UK version of the game unlocks earlier), but that won't be the case as he purchased the US version so will have to wait.

JimPanzer

Well no, because I assume he was asking whether he could play earlier by using his UK account (as the UK version of the game unlocks earlier), but that won't be the case as he purchased the US version so will have to wait.

ah ok, I see. damn I purchased the US version as well and sitting in the EU.
well, I saved about 1/3 of the price this way.

Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear I was wondering if I could play it before UK digital release because to my knowledge US seem to always go first. But seems to be the other way round for Destiny! My bad. Doesn't bother me too much as I'm working Tuesday anyway :( Wednesday off though!

Cronnie

ah ok, I see. damn I purchased the US version as well and sitting in the EU.
well, I saved about 1/3 of the price this way.

Yeah as did I, I'm fine waiting a couple more hours as I got to buy the Digital Guardian edition for pretty much the same price as just getting the regular one on the UK store.

Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear I was wondering if I could play it before UK digital release because to my knowledge US seem to always go first. But seems to be the other way round for Destiny! My bad. Doesn't bother me too much as I'm working Tuesday anyway :( Wednesday off though!

No worries, yeah for once they've taken into account the other timezones and are unlocking the digital version at midnight in the UK, that damn price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom