• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to go Warlock but I'm thinking of going Titan instead because they seem to be the least popular. I'm thinking the bubble shield ability could be a huge help for PvE/Raids. Like, people are gonna need that shit and I'll answer the call.

I really hope the story content isnt just some abrupt 7 hour deal like most FPS.

That would really suck. The content available at launch isnt really what you come to expect from a MMO type game.

More of what you would find in a traditional FPS.

They canceled the surgery and decided to try a new type of chemo for 5 months. That will hopefully stop the spread of the cancer cells. They'll do surgery after that for my Gramps. 5% chance to live to 50%chance with this. Cancer can go fuck itself right off a cliff.
Sorry that I'm ranting :(

Points is I guess I'll see you guys on launch day now....if the servers hold(lol).

I really hope the story content isnt just some abrupt 7 hour deal like most FPS.

That would really suck. The content available at launch isnt really what you come to expect from a MMO type game.

More of what you would find in a traditional FPS.

But this game in't even close to being an MMO or MMO type of game. The quality here is a lot higher than any MMO or MMO type of game out there.

They canceled the surgery and decided to try a new type of chemo for 5 months. That will hopefully stop the spread of the cancer cells. They'll do surgery after that for my Gramps. 5% chance to live to 50%chance with this. Cancer can go fuck itself right off a cliff.

I guess I'll see you guys on launch day now....if the servers hold(lol).

Thoughts go out to you and the fam. Hope the treatment nips it in the bud.

LordofPwn

so guys is it too late to get a pre-order for the WHITE ps4 on gamestop. I have it on amazon with two day shipping but it says guaranteed delivery Tuesday the 9th by 8pm -___- WHAT DO.... I have Tuesday off I really dont want to wait alllllll day. :(. Also why would it say guaranteed for Tuesday if it has two-day delivery and I have no way of changing it as I dont have prime anymore. Anyone that works at gamestop know if you can get the white system still?????
If you have an electronics store anywhere near you, you can probably walk in and grab one from the shelf. Otherwise tell UPS to keep it at the UPS store, and go pick it up at like 9am.

GutZ31

Points is I guess I'll see you guys on launch day now....if the servers hold(lol).

I'll game it up with you.
Had childhood cancer myself, so I understand the shittyness of it all.
Lost an eye to it. Don't ask me to play sports, I have no depth perception.

SnakeEyes

Banned

First of all, that sucks. And you're right - Cancer can GTFO.

Secondly - DAAAAAAAAAMN :-/

Well 50% is a lot higher than 5%. I hope your gramps beats it. It's astonishing how they have not found a cure for cancer yet. Destiny will probably be a nice break for you.

vakarian32

just gotta ask is there pre-load for this game on ps4?

Certainly is, got mine queued up so it starts downloading If I'm not home to preload.

destiny.png

Well 50% is a lot higher than 5%. I hope your gramps beats it. It's astonishing how they have not found a cure for cancer yet. Destiny will probably be a nice break for you.

Tell me about it!

I have a family member suffering from this disease and I find it utterly confounding that a cure has not been found yet or AT LEAST some medical means to prolong life and keep the disease under check. They managed to find a way to treat AIDS, why not cancer?

VzCntPZ.jpg

Wish him and you the best. Sending so much positive karma.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Tell me about it!

I have a family member suffering from this disease and I find it utterly confounding that a cure has not been found yet or AT LEAST some medical means to prolong life and keep the disease under check. They managed to find a way to treat AIDS, why not cancer?
Because, for all we know about the human body/genetics/mutations etc., we don't really know the human body.

OH hey man!

I'm really sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. You're quite the survivor!

Would you mind if I ask you about your current status? I was wondering how old you are now and how you are doing?

nillapuddin

Digital "Midnight" is still 3 AM Eastern right?

So we've lost the war, big big shame

Cant those social media people hashtag their way to timezone equality or something..

Seriously my launch night hype is DOA because of those 3 hours, takes all the fun out of having something the second its released, if that second is 3 hours long.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Cant those social media people hashtag their way to timezone equality or something..

Seriously my launch night hype is DOA because of those 3 hours, takes all the fun out of having something the second its released, if that second is 3 hours long.

Yup. Fuck digital if it's going to stay like that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I ain't even mad, just going to set my alarm for 2 am central and sleep the wait away.

ideCaGsFsFRLw.gif

Did anyone here buy the Destiny bundle from Amazon.com? My buddy tells me he's getting the white stand AND and the white gold headset in the bundle itself..

Told him he needs to put down the pipe

GutZ31

OH hey man!

I'm really sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. You're quite the survivor!

Would you mind if I ask you about your current status? I was wondering how old you are now and how you are doing?

Currently 29 Years of age, was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma, a rare(at the time) cancer of the eye at 4 months of age.

I was flown all over the United States by my parents, looking for treatment.
A New York hospital wouldn't touch me without a down payment of more than $84,000.
Hospital in Chicago was willing to do Chemo and surgery, but had only done it on one other patient.
Finally, my parents found Saint Judes Childrens hospital, and I was operated on post haste.
I have been cancer free, with no chemo treatments needed ever since.
Was an active patient of Saint Judes up until my 18th birthday, and now I am an alumni.
Have been in a few studies since my release, but no need for return or treatment.

So if you take anything from my story, please feel safe in donating to Saint Judes if the occasion presents itself.

Wouldn't be here without them, and I donate to them when I can.

Currently 29 Years of age, was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma, a rare(at the time) cancer of the eye at 4 months of age.

A New York hospital wouldn't touch me without a down payment of more than $84,000.
Hospital in Chicago was willing to do Chemo and surgery, but had only done it on one other patient.
Finally, my parents found Saint Judes Childrens hospital, and I was operated on post haste.
Was an active patient of Saint Judes up until my 18th birthday, and now I am an alumni.
Have been in a few studies since my release, but no need for return or treatment.

So if you take anything from my story, please feel safe in donating to Saint Judes if the occasion presents itself.

Hey man!

Thanks for sharing that story. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear everything worked out so well for you.

nib95

Banned

Wow….

You guys really need a nationalised healthcare service already. Glad you're ok now though. Worked out ok in the end.

GutZ31

Hey man!

Thanks for sharing that story. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear everything worked out so well for you.

I've had other surgeries on my eye socket, at 13 to reshape and fill in the gap so a prostheses could fit again.
Up until then, a fake eye would need to be remade almost every year to fit a growing child.
After the surgery, which was painful, had me throwing up for 3 days, and had me looking like I lost a fight with a gorilla, I was at the point that I only needed 3 size changes since then.
I was scheduled for another surgery, but it turned out there was a huge risk of infection.
The reason for the risk was a metal peg that would be implanted to allow for an artifical eye to move similar to a real eye, as right now, I look like I have a lazy eye or something.

I had my ocularists make me a white blank, and a black blank eye for me to use, so no one would be staring into my fake eye.
You have to take my word for it, having people look past your eye(stairing at the fake one) is so messed up, it makes you feel like less of a human.
With the White one, if I see someone staring on that side, I know the reason, and is easy to deal with.
The black one on the other hand... Scares the crap out of everyone, so only used for halloween, and special occasions.

Wow….

You guys really need a nationalised healthcare service already. Glad you're ok now though. Worked out ok in the end.
Politics stifle growth.
We got a lot of people here that want to believe the good words of a political party, but rarely do they do any digging to make sure they actually believe what they are saying.
The affordable Care Act is one step in the right direction, but insurance companies and politicians are trying their hardest to keep things from changing.

Anyway, enough of this, DESTINY IS AWESOME!

GhaleonEB

So, I'm trying to link my PSN account to my main Bungie.net profile, where I also have my Live account linked.

This is somewhat complicated by the fact that I accidentally linked the PSN account to its own unique b.net profile. So I need to unlink it, then link it to my main one.

But since you can't unlink an account if it's the only account linked (for some reason), I have to link gmail or Facebook to it, then unlink PSN. (I'm following the directions on this post.)

So tonight I create a gmail account, but when I try to link Google to my profile where PSN is linked it tells me it's already in use. When I just created it, for the specific purpose of getting out of this loop.

Halp?

So, I'm trying to link my PSN account to my main Bungie.net profile, where I also have my Live account linked.

This is somewhat complicated by the fact that I accidentally linked the PSN account to its own unique b.net profile. So I need to unlink it, then link it to my main one.

But since you can't unlink an account if it's the only account linked (for some reason), I have to link gmail or Facebook to it, then unlink PSN. (I'm following the directions on this post.)

So tonight I create a gmail account, but when I try to link Google to my profile where PSN is linked it tells me it's already in use. When I just created it, for the specific purpose of getting out of this loop.

Halp?

I had this problem too. something about auto login on chrome or something.

ugh I wish I could remember.

Ark

Today is my last day of overtime for at least a week or two. Tomorrow I've got the Dentist and a short day at work, Monday & Tuesday will be short too and then I'm off for the rest of next week! Gaaaaaaah, can't wait ;__;

Need to try and finish Tales of Xillia 2 this weekend.

GutZ31

Halp?

Sounds like you did a lot of goofs.
Have you tried using a facebook account instead?
Possibly use another browser.

Halp?

Is your PSN account tied to a gmail id?

GhaleonEB

Sounds like you did a lot of goofs.
Have you tried using a facebook account instead?
Possibly use another browser.
I only did one goof: I signed into bungie.net using PSN, then linked the PSN account to it. I didn't realize when I signed in that way that I wasn't signed into my regular account until it was too late. Been trying to fix it for a week. I don't have a Facebook account.

Is your PSN account tied to a gmail id?

Nope, I've never linked gmail or Google to b.net.

I only did one goof: I signed into bungie.net using PSN, then linked the PSN account to it. I didn't realize when I signed in that way that I wasn't signed into my regular account until it was too late. Been trying to fix it for a week. I don't have a Facebook account.

Looks like its time you gave into Facebook!
You can always deactivate it later :-D

or

You could try linking a new live profile and then unlike your psn id from bnet.

GutZ31

People make fake facebooks all the time, no reason not to use that google account...

Just paid off my Ghost edition, and got *cajold* into buying the collector's Strat Guide/Artbook.

During such, I was happily reminded of the sheer rarity of the Ghost Edition in Australia.

The EB I go to is one of the primary flagship stores (Hay Street, Perth).

I was under the assumption that the store got about 20-ish copies for each platform. Pretty damn rare, right?

Nope.

11 Copies.

Across all platforms.

Like.. Dude. Is Dinklagetron 3000 really that awesome?

darthbob

You might wanna send Achronos a PM.

I'm sure you of all people know, but in case not, he's the Bungie.net Webmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom