• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hawk

Banned
enemy-vex._V351133592_.jpg

Love this design.

Love the whole design of the Vex. Looking forward to fight them in Venus. ;)

Btw, math. Stay strong and remember that DestinyGAF is always there for you. ;)

But this game in't even close to being an MMO or MMO type of game. The quality here is a lot higher than any MMO or MMO type of game out there.

The single player missions in the beta were totally MMO-like. Kill this many enemies, collect this many of X, defend this area while your ghost pisses about. Very basic, structurally.

enemy-vex._V351133592_.jpg

Love this design.

They do look super cool. Also, the Newsweek Destiny issue states:

When is a headshot not a headshot? When the kill zone is located in your enemy's stomach. Aim for the belly of the Vex and you'll be rewarded with one of the most satisfying results in the history of Bungie's games.

I guess their weak spot is their belly. And it sounds like there'll be a cool animation when getting a belly shot on them. I look forward to seeing that.

Karl Hawk

Banned
The single player missions in the beta were totally MMO-like. Kill this many enemies, collect this many of X, defend this area while your ghost pisses about. Very basic, structurally.

You're talking about the explore side-missions, right?

The story missions is barely like that from what I've played in the beta since explore side-missions has those ''Kill this many enemies'' and ''collect this many of x'' objectives

You're talking about the explore side-missions, right?

The story missions is barely like that from what I've played in the beta since explore side-missions has those ''Kill this many enemies'' and ''collect this many of x'' objectives

You think? I dunno man, for me the story missions felt like exactly the same format, very simple with no interaction at all with the world around you. Granted, I didn't go to the moon - were those missions more interesting?

Edit: To clarify, even though the missions themselves were very uninteresting in the way they're built, I still had a great time playing them with a friend.

They do look super cool. Also, the Newsweek Destiny issue states:

I guess their weak spot is their belly. And it sounds like there'll be a cool animation when getting a belly shot on them. I look forward to seeing that.

I'm pretty sure they're going to explode when someone does that.

The titan's knee kick is going to come handy there :-D

Karl Hawk

Banned
You're lucky,
Kurt
. Especially since I have to wait till September 10th for my Amazon UK LE pre-order to start shipping. ;(

And I sure hope Rusted Lands isn't gonna be an Iron Banner-exclusive map.

Bold One

DestinyGaf, I have a dilemma, I will be pumping a lot of hours into Destiny this much I know. and this morning I received an email from Amazon about the Limited Edition its 50% extra in terms of price 49.99 to 79.99

I wouldn't mind so much but the fact is I also want to get to get FIFA 15 which comes out a bit later, getting both games with Destiny at LE will put me well in over £110, I just can't justify it, perhaps some one here can?

Ark

DestinyGaf, I have a dilemma, I will be pumping a lot of hours into Destiny this much I know. and this morning I received an email from Amazon about the Limited Edition its 50% extra in terms of price 49.99 to 79.99

I wouldn't mind so much but the fact is I also want to get to get FIFA 15 which comes out a bit later, getting both games with Destiny at LE will put me well in over £110, I just can't justify it, perhaps some one here can?

The Expansion Pass is worth like £35. That justified the cost for me alone (and the Ghost Casing, I really want that for some reason).

SnakeEyes

Banned
You're lucky,
Kurt
. Especially since I have to wait till September 10th for my Amazon UK LE pre-order to start shipping. ;(

And I sure hope Rusted Lands isn't gonna be an Iron Banner-exclusive map.
Considering my first name is in my PSN ID, I don't think there's any need to spoiler-tag my name :D

Karl Hawk

Banned
Considering my first name is in my PSN ID, I don't think there's any need to spoiler-tag my name :D

Might as well refer to each other in real names while playing Destiny with other gaffers. :p

Btw, if you redeemed the emblem from the planet viewer site, you can unlock it in Bungie.net and go to special orders vendor to get the emblem when you're in the tower once the game is out.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Might as well refer to each other in real names while playing Destiny with other gaffers. :p

Btw, if you redeemed the emblem from the planet viewer site, you can unlock it in Bungie.net and go to special orders vendor to get the emblem when you're in the tower once the game is out.
Everyone except Famicom, only I am allowed to know his first name! :D

And I redeemed all my Bungie.net codes this afternoon, including the Planet Viewer emblem.

Also got mine sent out by JB today as well. Happy Days!

(Still not expecting it till launch day at earliest :p)
... but at least I can check that Track and Trace number multiple times a day until then! :D

NoTacos

Mics are restricted to party members right? Don't exactly want to say my name with non gaffers listening in.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Mics are restricted to party members right? Don't exactly want to say my name with non gaffers listening in.

Yes. Mics are restricted to fireteams only at the moment.

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie adds proximity voice chat later on. Or maybe in a day one patch (Far-fetched, I know)

AngerdX

Im looking for a new headset for this game. I have the Gold headset, but the mic is soooo bad. Any recommendations?

Then it sounds as something is wrong with yours, that is the first time ive seen or heard of the mic being bad, mine is excellent and so is others i know have them, just wierd heh

PerZona

So who is going for the Hunter class? It's the only class that I didn't try out in the alpha and beta. Was actually thinking of using Titan as my main but after watching tons of Destiny gameplay videos I'm thinking of using Hunter class as my main lol.

nomis

Destiny |OT2| less like gear of war more like bonderland

Destiny |OT2| FINNALY, REFLECTIVE WATER

Destiny |OT2| fk, everyone wanna be legend... whay not an ordinary man?

Destiny |OT2| yo cnow what, dog? the logo of this game looks like... dick

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Im looking for a new headset for this game. I have the Gold headset, but the mic is soooo bad. Any recommendations?

This might sound like a dumb question, but are you wearing them on the proper ears? If you don't the mic is picking up from behind you, but it seems solid normally.

NoTacos

So who is going for the Hunter class? It's the only class that I didn't try out in the alpha and beta. Was actually thinking of using Titan as my main but after watching tons of Destiny gameplay videos I'm thinking of using Hunter class as my main lol.

I think I'm going for Hunter my first run, but if I go for a second run i'll probably go Titan

Karl Hawk

Banned
Destiny |OT2| less like gear of war more like bonderland

Destiny |OT2| FINNALY, REFLECTIVE WATER

Destiny |OT2| fk, everyone wanna be legend... whay not an ordinary man?

Destiny |OT2| yo cnow what, dog? the logo of this game looks like... dick

Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians.

*drops mic*

broony

Day 2 of giving up smoking
again.

5 Days until destiny.

Reach September 9th and I will be 7 days clean and pretty much done.

KeRaSh

The white
gold
headset! Soooo sexy.... I ordered one even though I have the black ones. Selling them to a friend, though.
My Brother and I both use the Gold headset and we think the quality is quite alright, though.
Haven't used any other headsets on a console before, so no help there from me. :/

Day 2 of giving up smoking
again.

5 Days until destiny.

Reach September 9th and I will be 7 days clean and pretty much done.
Good for you. Im at like a month or so smoke free. 5th attempt here. Never made it past a week but got one of those vapor cigs (a nice one). Dont miss smoking cigs at all. Feel great. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom