• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
This will be mine
ib21vA4xKIB7gm.gif

Put your dukes up, you're going to have to fight me for it.

KeRaSh

Found this informative post from the Bungie forums regarding Impact:

http://www.bungie.net/he/Forum/Post/65472802/0/0

More at the link.

I don't really like this system. Especially this part could get pretty annoying when comparing weapons:

Let's see how this works in practice:
87 Attack / Low impact Sniper Rifle = <900 headshot
52 Attack / High impact Sniper Rifle = >1200 headshot

To me it seems like I will have to test out most potential weapon upgrades just to find out if they actually are better than what I currently have.

Since things are kind of quite right now, I was hoping someone with a better memory than myself could list the differences between the Alpha and the Beta. One thing that I've been thinking about is "content", and I started to think back to how the Beta felt way bigger, even though I don't think they really added much.

This is what I can remember (not counting the moon since that was just a two hour window):

Added:
Iron Banner
Maybe three story missions (mostly lower level except for the Array)

Removed:
Access to the small area outside of the wall
Crazy hard Septis Prime hard mode.

What am I missing? I really think the way they can flip switches to completely change the experience says a lot about where they are going with the long tail of the game.

Lima

So is it true that servers are only put up Monday? I mean we heard this over and over again with other games. I could get my hands on a copy tomorrow.

Since things are kind of quite right now, I was hoping someone with a better memory than myself could list the differences between the Alpha and the Beta. One thing that I've been thinking about is "content", and I started to think back to how the Beta felt way bigger, even though I don't think they really added much.

This is what I can remember (not counting the moon since that was just a two hour window):

Added:
Iron Banner
Maybe three story missions (mostly lower level except for the Array)

Removed:
Access to the small area outside of the wall
Crazy hard Septis Prime hard mode.

What am I missing? I really think the way they can flip switches to completely change the experience says a lot about where they are going with the long tail of the game.

Removed the "That wizard came from the moon line"
Man i really would have liked taking a crack at the crazy hard prime fight.

Nodnol

Thank you for the support at this difficult time.

I think what I'll do, is wake up Tuesday morning, fire up the preload to download any additional updates, then head to work whilst listening to some depressing walking-away type music.

I do have the following week off, so it's not all doom and gloom, though unfortunately it can't be dedicated solely to Destiny.

Foshy

holy shit i might get it tomorrow already.

f22a046322.png

roughly translated "shipment being prepared", usually with this shop it means that your game is coming the next day. not always, but most of the time.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I think Bungie heavily implied in one of their previous Weekly Updates that Iron Banner is gonna stay longer than 2 hours in the final game.

I sure hope so. I enjoyed my time with it, but 2 hours isn't enough IMO.

Removed the "That wizard came from the moon line"
Man i really would have liked taking a crack at the crazy hard prime fight.

It was great! I never did beat it since I didn't start trying the harder levels until the very end. Servers were shut off in the middle of our epic 45 minute losing battle.

Cronnie

I think Bungie heavily implied in one of their previous Weekly Updates that Iron Banner is gonna stay longer than 2 hours in the final game.

I sure hope so. I enjoyed my time with it, but 2 hours isn't enough IMO.

Yup they sure did:

Will [Destiny special events] work like they did in the Beta when you opened the doors for the Iron Banner for two hours?

No! The Beta was all about driving traffic toward the game at key moments. Those brief and urgent flash mobs of violence and glory were what we needed to test our spine.

Next time, the Banner will fly for longer. Everyone will have a chance to rally to its call.

Kane1345

Thanks for this. I need to wrap my head around this before launch.

You're welcome. From what I've gathered attack stat is more about armor penetration and depends on the enemies level and impact is more about raw damage. There's still other factors though like rate of fire and recoil to take into account of course

Not expecting the servers to hold up on launch day anyway :p
I remain very optimistic. With how successful the Beta went, and the large number of people it attracted, I don't think there will be an issue. Though feel free to quote me in a week if Destiny's servers crash and burn. :p
Have you bought CE's before mate? What do you usually do with the extras? I'm guilty of buying them then shoving them in a closet after a while :p
I, too, normally store my CE stuff in the closet. However, my Bungie collectibles have always remained out. My living room is effectively one gigantic Halo shrine. So, naturally, I'll be making room for my own very little robotic Peter Dinklage. :D

KevinG

I stalk this thread for two reasons:

The hype is real.

You guys will know about the Ghost Edition being back in stock before Amazon does.

Ikkarus

Played both the Alpha and Beta and the withdrawal from it was a cruel mistress I tell ye.

It's almost time to bust out my frabjous cape and return to my Hunter yet again, only this time I'll be aiming for the Bladedancer sub-class.

See you Guardians on the battlefield. :)

If anyone wants to team up on PS4, free free to add me. PSN = Ikkarus

Dumb question... what are the requirements that must be met before 6 people can start a raid? Do all of the players have to reach level 20? Do they have to finish the story line?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Dumb question... what are the requirements that must be met before 6 people can start a raid? Do all of the players have to reach level 20? Do they have to finish the story line?

You need to be level 26, I think.

You can level beyond level 20 by equipping armor with light stats. Those light stats help you earn EXP after level 20 and enhance your subclass abilities against higher-level enemies.

Today is the day I gotta make my decision. Digital or Physical. whynotboth.gif? Because money. So... convenience vs irrationally pleasing materialism. The brain vs the gut. This isn't as difficult as I'm making it.

Foshy

nvm, just got a mail that said they're preparing the shipments early this time because of the huge number of preorders, the game will arrive on Sep 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom