• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah as did I, I'm fine waiting a couple more hours as I got to buy the Digital Guardian edition for pretty much the same price as just getting the regular one on the UK store.

No worries, yeah for once they've taken into account the other timezones and are unlocking the digital version at midnight in the UK, that damn price though.

Yeah £36 is justified given the physical prices of Destiny at the moment over here in the UK.

I'm banging my head against the wall due to the fact I've only just known about this workaround. Doh!

Kane1345

Not expecting Amazon to ship my LE until Monday tbh. Maybe tomorrow at the very earliest.

Not expecting the servers to hold up on launch day anyway :p

I would be very surprised if there weren't any problems tbh

The pain I feel at not getting the Ghost edition is too damn high!

Have you bought CE's before mate? What do you usually do with the extras? I'm guilty of buying them then shoving them in a closet after a while :p

Karl Hawk

Banned
I would be very surprised if there weren't any problems tbh

I think most gaffers would be very surprised if Destiny's servers holds up without any problem at launch day.

But in any case, I'm predicting PSN/XBL servers to have problems during Destiny's launch than Bungie's own servers.

Marvel

could never
Have you bought CE's before mate? What do you usually do with the extras? I'm guilty of buying them then shoving them in a closet after a while :p

I do buy CE usually just a big vet bill killed it this year sadly. I tend to keep them out for as long as possible.

Though I have sold all mine now, just don't have the space for all of my collection.

I should go all manly, become a man's man and build some damn shelves...
ibjkfDgYr1cpqu.gif

WITHE1982

Do you have like a quote or something? I'd like to be certain before shelling out another 100 dollars :p

Only reason I'm questioning is that with BF4 for example, the stats transfer was just a one off. I'd like to switch between consoles continuously

there you go dude

IGN article

Not 100% confirmed in that but I did read somewhere that it 100% supports cross-save. I just can't seem to find the article. Below is a quote from Bungie though.

bungie said:
Your question points to a very interesting truth about how Destiny will work. As you’ve discovered, as your Guardian evolves it will be able to travel from one generation of console to the next. Just like hopping worlds, you can use the same Guardian on Next Gen and Legacy Gen consoles – so long as you stay in the same system. Ergo, you can move from PlayStation to PlayStation and from Xbox to Xbox, but not across product lines.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Potentially millions of players trying to log in all at the same time on the 9th. Yeah, tags definitely gonna go smoothly >_>

I'm honestly prepared for another Diablo III and SimCity fiasco. Prove me wrong, Bungie.

They stress-server tested the fuck out of the Alpha and the Beta. They have no excuse if their servers goes bonkers.

Your question points to a very interesting truth about how Destiny will work. As you’ve discovered, as your Guardian evolves it will be able to travel from one generation of console to the next. Just like hopping worlds, you can use the same Guardian on Next Gen and Legacy Gen consoles – so long as you stay in the same system. Ergo, you can move from PlayStation to PlayStation and from Xbox to Xbox, but not across product lines.

...I had better not have to fucking reroll when DestinyPC hits. (and it will in a couple of years, mark my words!)

Kane1345

I do buy CE usually just a big vet bill killed it this year sadly. I tend to keep them out for as long as possible.

Though I have sold all mine now, just don't have the space for all of my collection.

I should go all manly, become a mans man and build some damn shelves...

Shelves would help out but hey at least you saved yourself £50 that you could put towards another game later on down the line

Cronnie

I am more worried about the PSN servers than I am about Bungie's side of things to be honest.

The pre-loading should significantly reduce the strain in that regard, along with the staggered unlocks across regions, but you never know.

robo

From the planet viewer in case you missed it:
ivJrQNEoezdG1.png

Great name.

I wonder if that "material items" refers to how many of each type of consumables will be needed to upg the weapon.

Not seen that marker on other piccis of normal/rare weapons.

Marvel

could never
I never really used sniper rifle in PVP how was it?

Kinda fun, and I do not overly like sniper rifles. Easy to use.

You do have to watch out for them on smaller maps such as Shores of Time on Venus. The inclosed space seems to enhance the DMG of a sniper bullet should you be using one of the more slower firing and powerful rifles. I was dying constantly with one shot to the body in the Beta.

On First Light you tend to die with two bullets unless it's a head shot or you are weak. On the former map not so much.

funkypie

Banned
I got the digital one from the us store. Worked out £54 for the guardian edition. Same price as the normal one.

Friend builder going up soon?

Kane1345

Kinda fun, and I do not overly like sniper rifles. Easy to use.

You do have to watch out for them on smaller maps such as Shores of Time on Venus. The inclosed space seems to enhance the DMG of a sniper bullet should you be using one of the more slower firing and powerful rifles. I was dying constantly with one shot to the body in the Beta.

On First Light you tend to die with two bullets unless it's a head shot or you are weak. On the former map not so much.

This is a total guess but does the impact stat have anything to do with that? Does impact damage get affected by distance to target? Like the closer you are the higher the impact damage is

Everyday Math, best wishes to your grandpa, yourself and your whole family. Not an easy situation to be in, I can't even begin to imagine how you feel.

Guys, you were quite the warrior, glad to know that you are doing good for yourself now though!

As someone with multiple health problems (not as critical or serious as the ones mentioned these past few pages, mind you), it truly sucks. In Canada at least we have free health care, that should be a thing everywhere damn it.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I got the digital one from the us store. Worked out £54 for the guardian edition. Same price as the normal one.

Friend builder going up soon?

If people are okay with it, me or someone else might do a thread for it.

But as of this point, we're better off using the OT to make some XBL/PSN friends, although I can see some friend requests might get ignored along the way during the launch week.

Marvel

could never
This is a total guess but does the impact stat have anything to do with that? Does impact damage get affected by distance to target? Like the closer you are the higher the impact damage is

I'm not sure really, I've been told and read different things about that Impact stat.

Just canceled my LE off Amazon and now going fully digital with Ghost Edition.

Don't think I need all the extra fluff like postcards and starcharts and also don't feel the need to be swapping discs. This puppy needs to be on standby always!

That being said UK PSN prices are eye watering

I wish PSN would let me change my ID man... I've been going by my name here or just "names" online for quite a while, and my ID is just completely different from it. I know lots of folks here are in the same situation as myself, would be cool if we could use our Bungie IDs as our displayed names in the game.

Found this informative post from the Bungie forums regarding Impact:

http://www.bungie.net/he/Forum/Post/65472802/0/0

Attack (The large number): allows your weapon to damage 'higher level enemies'

Impact: "damage each round" inflicts.

The Attack stat itself is specifically misleading and can be easily misinterpreted (in comparison from a normal FPS/RPG) where the large number on the weapon card might be called 'damage' and would be a direct correlation with the actual damage the weapon does. In these cases higher level enemies have more health and as such damage is the most important stat to quickly take down higher level enemies.

Let's see how this works in practice:
87 Attack / Low impact Sniper Rifle = <900 headshot
52 Attack / High impact Sniper Rifle = >1200 headshot

More at the link.

Karl Hawk

Banned
GamingGAF is gonna be very interesting next week. Especially once the official press release for Destiny's sales and September's NPD come out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom