• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I'm excited for my long gaming marathon weekend starting next Tuesday, I haven't done that since ME3.

I'll have to probably go food shopping again this weekend, and grab some beer.

KeRaSh

You need to be level 26, I think.

You can level beyond level 20 by equipping armor with light stats. Those light stats help you earn EXP after level 20 and enhance your subclass abilities against higher-level enemies.

Is it really 26? Has this been confirmed?
It kind of bums me that you can't really make use of the exclusive raid gear afterwards since you basically beat the hardest part of the content without it. We'll have to wait for even harder content to be added to make good use of the raid stuff.

Karl Hawk

Banned
It kind of bums me that you can't really make use of the exclusive raid gear afterwards since you basically beat the hardest part of the content without it. We'll have to wait for even harder content to be added to make good use of the raid stuff.

I got that info from the beta data dump. Keep in mind this is not complete so things might have changed.

Yeah they said 25 in an interview and the db says 26 so it's pretty much confirmed. Keep in mind the gear will be useful for stuff like the heroic/nightfall strikes etc.

KevinG

Today is the day I gotta make my decision. Digital or Physical. whynotboth.gif? Because money. So... convenience vs irrationally pleasing materialism. The brain vs the gut. This isn't as difficult as I'm making it.

If you're getting the LE, go physical. If you're getting the Standard, go digital and you can upgrade to the Digital Guardian Edition later.

well, just because my country sucks, i will probably receive my game till friday 12 or after the first weekend ... uhay :(
just for the record ... i live in Brazil

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Kinda fun, and I do not overly like sniper rifles. Easy to use.

You do have to watch out for them on smaller maps such as Shores of Time on Venus. The inclosed space seems to enhance the DMG of a sniper bullet should you be using one of the more slower firing and powerful rifles. I was dying constantly with one shot to the body in the Beta.

On First Light you tend to die with two bullets unless it's a head shot or you are weak. On the former map not so much.

thats an interesting observation. i never noticed damage fall off with distance, aside from the golden gun no longer being a one hit kill from extreme distances. but it makes sense. has anyone demonstrated this (datto does destiny)?

Marvel

could never

i1PvGy98qn2F6.gif

has anyone demonstrated this (datto does destiny)?

Not sure, but I had a few disastrous Shores of Time matches with it happening to me. I have the sharefactory footage still somewhere I think, god knows I was bitching during it on the mic lol.

op_ivy

I don't really like this system. Especially this part could get pretty annoying when comparing weapons:

To me it seems like I will have to test out most potential weapon upgrades just to find out if they actually are better than what I currently have.

i think this is exactly why they have the system in place. they WANT you to try out weapons to compare them and see how they work with your playstyle, not rely on a single stat to determine the one best gun

I was supposed to have tomorrow off from work to go on a weekend excursion with the gal. Well, we broke up, so that's a no-go. Instead, my boss allowed for me to take next Wednesday off instead. I'd already requested next Friday off, so now I get two days off to play Destiny. Go me!

I was supposed to have tomorrow off from work to go on a weekend excursion with the gal. Well, we broke up, so that's a no-go. Instead, my boss allowed for me to take next Wednesday off instead. I'd already requested next Friday off, so now I get two days off to play Destiny. Go me!
Sorry for your loss and happy for your gain

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

Wait... who broke it off?

"Look... you're a lovely lady... but my destiny is to become legend."

Dat music in the Dust Palace strike (it's sort of mixed in that video, but it's the same music from the Jason Jones walkthrough video from E3). Dat bass line.

Guess you weren't her density. That sucks.

op_ivy

not watching. i refuse to aknowledge that this strike even exists.

ok, not really. i just dont need the spoilers at this point. i spent a ton of time in old russia in the beta. i feel familiar with it. i avoided going to the moon to not spoil the full game and also avoided any videos with extended gameplay of the moon. i'll do the same with mars and venus. while i've seen tiny snippets of moon, mars, and venus footage, i'd prefer to marvel at these environments at my own leisure, on my own 60" 1080p plasma, controller in hand.

Still... a super should be a little more effective than that, lol. Perhaps that Hunter forgot to put down the knife he was using during lunch?

Nah I think that's by design for all of the classes. Same reason supers did little damage to the Elite Captain, Devil Walker, or the Servitor in the Devils' Lair strike.

WITHE1982

Damn dude that's pretty harsh. Well if you're gonna break up then I can't think of a better time to do so.

Just console yourself with all those sexy females (that may not be females) dancing in front of you in the tower.

KeRaSh

i think this is exactly why they have the system in place. they WANT you to try out weapons to compare them and see how they work with your playstyle, not rely on a single stat to determine the one best gun

But with weapons getting better with leveling them up it's not just a simple matter of equipping them and playing around with them for a few minutes. You'd have to farm kills just to level it up and see if it actually is an improvement or not.
I'll basically end up having to look up stat comparisons online if there are any (or lists that rank weapons by effectiveness) which is a little annoying. It's a minor annoyance, but it is one nonetheless.

But with weapons getting better with leveling them up it's not just a simple matter of equipping them and playing around with them for a few minutes. You'd have to farm kills just to level it up and see if it actually is an improvement or not.
I'll basically end up having to look up stat comparisons online if there are any (or lists that rank weapons by effectiveness) which is a little annoying. It's a minor annoyance, but it is one nonetheless.
You can turn in bounties and they grant TONS of Weapon XP
I did that in the beta to level weapons I didn't want to grind with up

op_ivy

Re' todays surprise... i'm holding out hope for our own destiny version of the (in)famous madden season trailer. it fits our quirky community, passion, and withdrawls quite well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom