• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As excited as I am for raids, strikes look a LOT more fun as they'll be much more conducive to my schedule.

Speaking of that, has there been any info on how raids work with lockouts and such? Like, if I can't stay for a full clear of a raid, can I join up with other folks at a later date (prior to reset)? I'm assuming it will be a situation where if I cleared 1/4 bosses and another group has cleared 3/4 bosses, me joining them would put me at 3/4 as well...But that's more just looking in terms of how WoW worked.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The "Coming Soon" part of the teaser says to me:

Live Action Destiny Series, exclusive to YouTube (Google full business partnership confirmed).

X-Frame

You can turn in bounties and they grant TONS of Weapon XP
I did that in the beta to level weapons I didn't want to grind with up

I wonder if that was accelerated or not for the beta. Being able to turn in 2 easy bounties to fully level up all new equipped gear seemed too quick, though I guess it'll take longer for higher level weapons with a lot more upgrades.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
But with weapons getting better with leveling them up it's not just a simple matter of equipping them and playing around with them for a few minutes. You'd have to farm kills just to level it up and see if it actually is an improvement or not.
I'll basically end up having to look up stat comparisons online if there are any (or lists that rank weapons by effectiveness) which is a little annoying. It's a minor annoyance, but it is one nonetheless.

again though, i think thats by design. this is a game you'll likely be playing for a long time. lengthy experiments to discover optimal gear should be something to look forward to. in reality though, and like in the alpha/beta with the shingens, cydonias, and jigokous, i'm sure the community at large will quickly weed through the wheat from the chaff to pick out standouts fairly early on.

Wait... who broke it off?

"Look... you're a lovely lady... but my destiny is to become legend."
I did. She didn't want to be in a relationship and I did, so that didn't really give me a whole lot of options. I've enough self-respect to know when to walk away from a situation like that.
Sorry for your loss and happy for your gain
Yeah, these life events are never a whole lot of fun. Though they're always made better by the launch of Destiny!
Just console yourself with all those sexy females (that may not be females) dancing in front of you in the tower.
Their sultry moves will help ease the pain. Ha!

I wonder if that was accelerated or not for the beta. Being able to turn in 2 easy bounties to fully level up all new equipped gear seemed too quick, though I guess it'll take longer for higher level weapons with a lot more upgrades.
IMHO in the beta we were seeing the full, unchanged game(albeit with restrictions)(and albeit they buffed Hand Cannons a bit) but it should all be the same I think

Wizman23

Banned
Thank you for the support at this difficult time.

I think what I'll do, is wake up Tuesday morning, fire up the preload to download any additional updates, then head to work whilst listening to some depressing walking-away type music.

I do have the following week off, so it's not all doom and gloom, though unfortunately it can't be dedicated solely to Destiny.

You will be fine. Just think when its time for your vacation all the server issues and release days problems will be fixed.

op_ivy

I did. She didn't want to be in a relationship and I did, so that didn't really give me a whole lot of options. I've enough self-respect to know when to walk away from a situation like that.

seriously, good on you. respect.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think you mean Warlock nova bomb noob

That Warlock never casted Nova Bomb in the video, if they did my friendly Cabal's would have met certain doom
The Super bar never goes down, it was just the melee move that has the leech ability on it
Titan and Hunter use their Supers in the video,

Leave my Cabal Buddies alone in Dust Palace, you despicable Guardians!

If given a choice I would jump ship so quick to the Fallen and be Cabal!

Also all the frabjous Hunters got their egos shot down, talk about whiffing with the Arc Blade... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yeah, these life events are never a whole lot of fun. Though they're always made better by the launch of Destiny!

Their sultry moves will help ease the pain. Ha!

I feel you and i've also sent you a friend request on psn

op_ivy

IMHO in the beta we were seeing the full, unchanged game(albeit with restrictions)(and albeit they buffed Hand Cannons a bit) but it should all be the same I think

since guardian leveling was accelerated, i wouldnt be at all surprised to hear gear leveling (both from use and from bounties) was as well. well see. not long now!

That Warlock never casted Nova Bomb in the video, if they did my friendly Cabal's would have met certain doom
The Super bar never goes down, it was just the melee move that has the leech ability on it
Titan and Hunter use their Supers in the video,

Leave my Cabal Buddies alone in Dust Palace, you despicable Guardians!

If given a choice I would jump ship so quick to the Fallen and be Cabal!

Also all the frabjous Hunters got their egos shot down, talk about whiffing with the Arc Blade... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Arc blade is just really a short period of time where you can melee as much as you want and has some alterations to the melee

WITHE1982

But with weapons getting better with leveling them up it's not just a simple matter of equipping them and playing around with them for a few minutes. You'd have to farm kills just to level it up and see if it actually is an improvement or not.
I'll basically end up having to look up stat comparisons online if there are any (or lists that rank weapons by effectiveness) which is a little annoying. It's a minor annoyance, but it is one nonetheless.

I agree they seem to be making a rather simple system needlessly complicated.

Having watched a few vids on damage/impact/level I can honestly say I still have no idea how it will all work in the actual game. I'm going to end up having to carry 6-7 weapons at all times, switching on the fly based on enemy level/type/defense to reaslise which one works the best.

GraveRobberX

I'm gettting Cryptarch to max ASAP, I shall do it in a day and a half hopefully

Please Red Bull Gods, keep me from seizures, UMBASA!

Nodnol

You will be fine. Just think when its time for your vacation all the server issues and release days problems will be fixed.

Yeah that did enter my mind; that said I'm not quite as cynical or as pessimistic as some, and actually think they should hold up. They funnelled us through certain parts of the Beta and it held, so who knows.

GraveRobberX

So what is the point of different ships?

"How big is Yo' Dick?"

Bet you 5000 Glimmer, 6+ ships lie in Vault of Glass, that are so fucking ridiculous (2 for each class), that showing them off will be your badge

3 for Normal win
3 for Hard (Variant Color or it matches your shader color)

Marvel

could never
New DLC:
All the planets from Star Wars

Would buy.
iiMAyjAtGS0mW.jpg

WITHE1982

any chance we may need to upg the ship to get to the other planets?

Seems rather pointless getting a ship twice the size if your starting one is enough.

This is what I thought would be the case. Start off on earth and have to buy a specific ship type which requires a particular level to travel to new worlds. Makes sense to me as would stop people just jumping to worlds on which they aren't high enough a level to play anyway.

GraveRobberX

How did people level the Cryptarch so fast in beta?

Got it to level 15+ easily, just kept farming the Old Russia Loop near the Trackyard zone for hours

5,000 Glimmer/Hour from chests in the loop + yellow mobs that drop engrams, keept looping, stockpiling engrams

Got to the Beta 25,000 Glimmer Cap twice and just bought Green Engrams when Cryptarch had them for sale, went on a buying spree
Repeat process

Kane1345

Got it to level 15+ easily, just kept farming the Old Russia Loop near the Trackyard zone for hours

5,000 Glimmer/Hour from chests in the loop + yellow mobs that drop engrams, keept looping, stockpiling engrams

Got to the Beta 25,000 Glimmer Cap twice and just bought Green Engrams when Cryptarch had them for sale, went on a buying spree
Repeat process

Nice, thanks! Glimmer farming might have to be done

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
any chance we may need to upg the ship to get to the other planets?

Seems rather pointless getting a ship twice the size if your starting one is enough.

I'm guessing you've never done grinding for a cosmetic mount in an MMO?

(The point is in the cosmetics)

hitgirl

Guess I will pre order the bundle. It's silly when you start to think about how many CPU, Motherboards, video cards, and harddrives you own. That is when you own a gaming PC, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, and Ps4. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom