• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

Xur, Agent of the Nine

No fucking joke, Bungie posted a spreadsheet table of time the goddamn NPC will be available
9oLYDiS.png

Also homeboy carries some of the most sought after shit, so those Strange Coins will come into play after you hit 20+
http://destinynews.net/xur-agent-nine/

I better find that table with UK times

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I know its just grinding, but hell I'm goona be all over it.

cryptgraps, ships, sparrows, coins,

you name it I'm gonna hord it.

And still not one of my 3 pre-orders has moved their status :(

No hoarding like Souls game or Elder Scrolls
You have a finite space of inventory on you and the Vault that you can put stuff into is shared between all your characters

So if you get an extra exotic, can place in Vault and send it to your other char
Also your Glimmer count is shared for all characters created (3 total, yes that's max)

robo

No hoarding like Souls game or Elder Scrolls
You have a finite space of inventory on you and the Vault that you can put stuff into is shared between all your characters

So if you get an extra exotic, can place in Vault and send it to your other char
Also your Glimmer count is shared for all characters created (3 total, yes that's max)

Oh I know, filled my vault in the alpha and the beta with weapons and armor, well the good stuff anyway, the white ones I just turned into parts.

Grewitch

Oh, I see, you are not satisfied with the amount of playable areas in the game. See, that doesn't mean lack of variety. Lack of variety would mean that the 4 playable areas are very similar each other as far as environmental art is concerned. Like all 4 having similar environments.

He's not saying there is lack of variety. He was refuting your point of there being 'tons of variety'. There's a difference.

bGanci

Banned
I hope it is just a CGI trailer. I don't want any other gameplay to be spoiled. I know you will say just don't watch it...But that is easier said than done lol

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Great OP, now to decide what console to buy it with.

This has probably been asked a thousand times, but will characters be usable between PS4/XB1? I might double dip down the line and was wondering.

Should I roll Female Titan or Male Warlock first?.. I really can't decide lol. Doing both eventually.

Also, any word on if they'll unlock the digital joint at 12am EST for XB1? Thinking about staying up past my bedtime.

robo

Is it true that if you miss a piece of loot (besides ammo) it will get mailed to you at the tower?

not seen that one,

I know your daily reward is mailed to the post robot thingy and some mission rewards I think as well, not random stuff though as far as I am aware.

Really? I never got that, maybe I didn't miss and loot drops, dunno

Yeah if you pick it up you won't notice it. Most won't probably see it, but there might be that one piece out of the corner of your eye that you missed, that's when you'll be happy the postmaster's looking after you.

Truant

How does loot work in this game? Is it randomized? Do all guns look different or are they mostly reskins except for the top tier stuff?

Nodnol

Uhhh, wait, 9/5 to 9/7?? Who's got the early copies and not sharing the love??

+ Announcement coming today.
+ Someone had their order status updated a few pages back.
+ ?????????

= Destiny release moved forward. Comes out tomorrow, we all hold hands and sing songs around the Traveler, followed by a huge rave.

Grewitch

They canceled the surgery and decided to try a new type of chemo for 5 months. That will hopefully stop the spread of the cancer cells. They'll do surgery after that for my Gramps. 5% chance to live to 50%chance with this. Cancer can go fuck itself right off a cliff.
Sorry that I'm ranting :(

Points is I guess I'll see you guys on launch day now....if the servers hold(lol).

So with the surgery there was 5% chance and with chemo it jumps to 50%? Shocked how low it was initially. Keep positive, hope everything works out.

How does loot work in this game? Is it randomized? Do all guns look different or are they mostly reskins except for the top tier stuff?

Mix of randomisation, loot table per bosses, etc. All guns look and feel different but obviously the higher in rarity you go the more "exotic" (heh) they become.

If you miss a green or up it goes to the Postmaster.

yes it's stuff you'd otherwise have to buy from the vanguard.

When the game first starts you'll make your character

I think the Postmaster is for in game rewards. Say you did something cool, one of the NPC's can gift you an engram. If you miss a drop, it's gone.

I found loot kinda hard to see so this is nice.

(albeit I was playing on last-gen)
I had the same issue and I am on current gen. I would've loved to see an effect ala Diablo 3, with a ray of light beaming into the sky. Some sort of aoe effect, with particles splaying out would also have been welcome. With the loot balls being affected by physics and whatnot, there were times when I would see the loot bounce, zigzag, or roll away from where it initially dropped.

GraveRobberX

You will only see loot for you

Sometimes you will earn loot off a mob, while your friend or fire team mate will get jack and shit

Common (White) stands out the most, until you go to a snowy area and are fucked beyond belief...
Uncommon (Green) in the starting Old Russia area is headache, maybe not much in Mars desert, but sometime foliage does hide it
The other colors should stand out, I mean unless Venus green haziness fucks with blues and purples...

GraveRobberX

I think the Postmaster is for in game rewards. Say you did something cool, one of the NPC's can gift you an engram. If you miss a drop, it's gone.

No the postmaster gives you drops you miss out on Uncommon+
I killed a mob and fireteam leader hit back to orbit, thought I lost it... then it was in the postmaster box
Green Engram, turned into level 10 Blue Hand Canon... >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom