• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
As someone who played a ton of WoW I never got the point of cosmetic stuff, transmogs, etc.

How do you think Blizzard makes it's bajillion dollars from

Mounts + Pets alone are just money making machines

Can you imagine Destiny getting "Companions", that you can show off at the tower...

Marvel

could never
Not sure if you guys have played the latest version of Warframe but in it you can slightly control your space ship during load times. Nothing major just up, down, left and right.

I think that would have been fun in Destiny if we weren't getting to use them in any meaningful way.

does anyone know when reviews are coming out?

Edit: Ignore me I'm stupid.

How do you think Blizzard makes it's bajillion dollars from

Mounts + Pets alone are just money making machines

Can you imagine Destiny getting "Companions", that you can show off at the tower...

Oh I know it works, I just don't get the player psychology behind it. For me, if there's no "point" then I don't typically tend to bother.

Tuesday evening perhaps... or sometime Wednesday. Depends on the site/rag.

They get their copies on Monday, by the time they see all the content it'll be a couple of full days at least and then writing, editing, etc. I don't think it'll be that fast.

GraveRobberX

Never played it so nope.

But I would be happy if the ships had a purpose, not just using up my glimmer!!

You really don't need to buy, as you say if no purpose just roll with the basic one you get
Save that glimmer if it doesn't interest you

Hell during your play-through/gameplay time you might get some as freebee

Hell the magic school bus/dump truck ship is given away during PvP and that's considered a Legendary ship (Purple Rarity)

WITHE1982

I remember spending ages grinding out the motorbike in WoW. I look back now and I still don't know if I regret doing that....

I just want me one of these:

Speeder-Bike-1024x839.jpg

With armor set as well.

X-Frame

Got it to level 15+ easily, just kept farming the Old Russia Loop near the Trackyard zone for hours

5,000 Glimmer/Hour from chests in the loop + yellow mobs that drop engrams, keept looping, stockpiling engrams

Got to the Beta 25,000 Glimmer Cap twice and just bought Green Engrams when Cryptarch had them for sale, went on a buying spree
Repeat process

I think I'll go this route too. I also won't be using any Green engrams until at least level 10 or 12. If we start with the Level 10 Vanguard weapons anyway that should hold us over for a good portion. And since engrams found at level 5 but opened at level 12 will result in level 12 gear, it's best to stockpile I think.

Marvel

could never
You really don't need to buy, as you say if no purpose just roll with the basic one you get
Save that glimmer if it doesn't interest you

Disgusting, I said it before and I'll say it again anyone that uses that pos junker ship is not welcome in my lobby.

lol.

PrintedCrayon I know you'll read this, get saving that glimmer!

They get their copies on Monday, by the time they see all the content it'll be a couple of full days at least and then writing, editing, etc. I don't think it'll be that fast.

Oh right, I was told they'd have copies on Tuesday to review, no matter.

Now that I think about it, that would be way too fast haha!

KeRaSh

You can turn in bounties and they grant TONS of Weapon XP
I did that in the beta to level weapons I didn't want to grind with up

I'd rather spend those XP on gear that I actually benefit from, though. :p

again though, i think thats by design. this is a game you'll likely be playing for a long time. lengthy experiments to discover optimal gear should be something to look forward to. in reality though, and like in the alpha/beta with the shingens, cydonias, and jigokous, i'm sure the community at large will quickly weed through the wheat from the chaff to pick out standouts fairly early on.

I'd prefer them to prolong the loot whoring by having more weapons with obvious stats instead of having less with weirdly distributed stats that require you to spend 30+ minutes (no idea how long it takes...) to playing with them just to find out if it's even a slight upgrade.

Again, I get it. I just don't like it very much. It might not even be that big of a deal if the upgrades are that significant that it's obvious which weapon is better.
It's probably just a way to diversify same level weapons.

I agree they seem to be making a rather simple system needlessly complicated.

Having watched a few vids on damage/impact/level I can honestly say I still have no idea how it will all work in the actual game. I'm going to end up having to carry 6-7 weapons at all times, switching on the fly based on enemy level/type/defense to reaslise which one works the best.

The video I saw from Datte (if I recall correctly) was full of assumptions so even if it all made sense, it might work in a completely different way, which is what puts me off the most.

It's about time we get our impatient hands on this game.

cant-wait-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-371.gif

Kyoufu

Somebody in the other thread said the game only has 6 unique strikes. Is this true? I thought Bungie said it'd be 10 on day one?

Jafo_

Got it to level 15+ easily, just kept farming the Old Russia Loop near the Trackyard zone for hours

5,000 Glimmer/Hour from chests in the loop + yellow mobs that drop engrams, keept looping, stockpiling engrams

Got to the Beta 25,000 Glimmer Cap twice and just bought Green Engrams when Cryptarch had them for sale, went on a buying spree
Repeat process

Cryptarch is a troll...
Rare body armor into a coin!? FU :/

GraveRobberX

I think I'll go this route too. I also won't be using any Green engrams until at least level 10 or 12. If we start with the Level 10 Vanguard weapons anyway that should hold us over for a good portion. And since engrams found at level 5 but opened at level 12 will result in level 12 gear, it's best to stockpile I think.

Yep

Just keep stockpiling and don't forget to dismantle the ever living shit out of everything!
You will need those weapon parts/cloths, if you have stockpiles, you will save yourself such a huge headache for level 20+ stuff

I remember I earned like 65+ weapon parts from buying so many weapons from the Cryptacrch while leveling him up, you can only buy up to 9 per purchase rotation

Also for my loop, learn all the places were Spinmetal can spawn, there's at least roughly 7 spots I know of it can spawn, so yeah, need those too!
You can trade them in for marks for Crucible or Vanguard in 40 stacks, but save those shits at the start, cause guns quickly start requesting material @ level 10+ when Blue (Rare) stuff starts dropping

I grinded in the BETA just to get as much info as I could so I have a nice head start from others who will be a little aloof, *TRADE SECRETS*

Some things I still haven't mentioned =D

Servers aren't up until last minute so probably right around release.

Press get their copies on Monday. Bungie of course are going to exaggerate "last minute" to stop people from trying to get early copies etc. For all we know that shit is open now (heck based on the destiny app chars have been levelling since the 2nd Sept).

Yikes. I guess I was misinformed.

That is terrible. :s

On face value I can totally get that. But the point of Destiny is not the number of levels but rather how they are used. Bungie do a lot of things to make people replay content with modifiers, weekly missions, loot etc.

GraveRobberX

Cryptarch is a troll...

Rare body armor into a coin!? FU :/

Heh he's 12, Blue Engrams should start coming out, but I see 15+ when Blues start becoming how like Greens were for us in the BETA as level 8's

I'm guessing Cryptarch ranks must be up there, I'm guesstimating 30-50
I wouldn't be shocked if he has no cap, Bungie needs to leave a little bit of grinding time-sinks for people to keep chasing

Anyone remember the original E3 demo where the guy got a kickass new sniper rifle?

I wonder what the stats are on "Shut Up And Get Behind Me"?

Jafo_

Yep

Just keep stockpiling and don't forget to dismantle the ever living shit out of everything!
You will need those weapon parts/cloths, if you have stockpiles, you will save yourself such a huge headache for level 20+ stuff

I remember I earned like 65+ weapon parts from buying so many weapons from the Cryptacrch while leveling him up, you can only buy up to 9 per purchase rotation

Also for my loop, learn all the places were Spinmetal can spawn, there's at least roughly 7 spots I know of it can spawn, so yeah, need those too!
You can trade them in for marks for Crucible or Vanguard in 40 stacks, but save those shits at the start, cause guns quickly start requesting material @ level 10+ when Blue (Rare) stuff starts dropping

I grinded in the BETA just to get as much info as I could so I have a nice head start from others who will be a little aloof, *TRADE SECRETS*

:) You can get a boost in material dorps

You will also have to have "other" materials to upgrade weapons and armor.

Respect

They canceled the surgery and decided to try a new type of chemo for 5 months. That will hopefully stop the spread of the cancer cells. They'll do surgery after that for my Gramps. 5% chance to live to 50%chance with this. Cancer can go fuck itself right off a cliff.
Sorry that I'm ranting :(

Points is I guess I'll see you guys on launch day now....if the servers hold(lol).

Good to hear an improvement in chances, best wishes.

Love the whole design of the Vex. Looking forward to fight them in Venus. ;)

The Vex give me Crow T. Robot vibes and that is not a bad thing.

Crowsolo.jpg

I wish PSN would let me change my ID man... I've been going by my name here or just "names" online for quite a while, and my ID is just completely different from it. I know lots of folks here are in the same situation as myself, would be cool if we could use our Bungie IDs as our displayed names in the game.

Agreed on all accounts.

Now with a heavy heart, I cancelled by Destiny LE from Amazon...

Getting PSN cards this weekend and getting the digital guardian edition.

GraveRobberX

That's the coin that's used to get into that buy-in PVP mode right?

Wrong coin, you can't get that coin, you have to use Mote of Light (the new currency you get after you hit 20, your XP bar still keep filling, every level up, you earn a Mote of Light)

This coin is a special coin that will be that you will use to buy exotic stuff from the NPC who only will appear on the tower from Friday till Sunday
Yep, NPC who only shows up on the weekends...

:) You can get a boost in material dorps

You will also have to have "other" materials to upgrade weapons and armor.

Shh...

*TRADE SECRETS*

How did people level the Cryptarch so fast in beta?

I managed to get him up to 21 by just farming glimmer at skywatch.

Back and forth...back and forth...silly 25k glimmer limit was a bit of an artificial speed bump. Was fun to farm though...littering the place with useless white engrams that I just left lying around. :)

X-Frame

Yep

And for spin metal, I noticed you get a lot for those Kill The Target bounties out in explore. Seemed like a more efficient way of getting it compared to finding it on the ground.

In the Alpha spin metal was everywhere but the beta seemed to cut a lot of its locations out.

Kane1345

Wrong coin, you can't get that coin, you have to use Mote of Light (the new currency you get after you hit 20, your XP bar still keep filling, every level up, you earn a Mote of Light)

This coin is a special coin that will be that you will use to buy exotic stuff from the NPC who only will appear on the tower from Friday till Sunday
Yep, NPC who only shows up on the weekends...

OK now I get it, thanks for the tip

I just want me one of these:

With armor set as well.

While I know Destiny is going to give us a ton of armor and weapon choices, I hope they do provide lots of other cosmetic and stylistic items to give our characters more personality and uniqueness over time. Just stupid things like vastly different looking sparrows, joke items like pets or anything like that. I never thought I'd say this, but it does add to the social and comic elements of a game.

robo

I know its just grinding, but hell I'm goona be all over it.

cryptgraps, ships, sparrows, coins,

you name it I'm gonna hord it.

And still not one of my 3 pre-orders has moved their status :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom