• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
No that's Tess at Special Orders. For example when you redeem that Planet View emblem you go to her to pick it up.

Kind of right, but not quite. Special Orders gifts come from Bungie, not the in game NPCs. So yes, the emblems that Bungie are giving out in the real world you would pick up at Special Orders.

Edit: Looks like everyone is saying that missed stuff goes to the Postmaster, so I'll keep an eye out. That said, I know I missed a green one that dropped during the Devil Walker since it was up in that window where that sniper is and I couldn't get to it. I checked the Postmaster and he didn't have anything for me.

Kind of right, but not quite. Special Orders gifts come from Bungie, not the in game NPCs. So yes, the emblems that Bungie are giving out in the real world you would pick up at Special Orders.

Depends what you mean by gifts by NPCs? If you mean stuff like the presents from the Cryptarch for leveling up then yes that goes to the Postmaster. But stuff like the red ghost, sparrow, emblems, etc. come to Tess.

LordofPwn

How does loot work in this game? Is it randomized? Do all guns look different or are they mostly reskins except for the top tier stuff?

Sorta. within each type of weapon there are specific names for each weapon, like Duke, Cydonia, Galahad, Bandit, Jigoku, etc. Those are usually followed by a suffix like Mk.23, AR3, -E, or whatever. Once you start getting into the more rare items they start getting more personal names like Bad Juju, Her Right Hand, Merciful.

Anyways, All Bandits will look the same, but different than the Dukes. And a Cydonia AR2 will look like a Cydonia AR3. Now there are some customization options for some of these weapons that will change the scope, but the majority of the gun will be the same within it's name.

And then one Jigoku might drop with one perk, and another will drop with a different perk.

if that doesnt help just go here and look at the weapons
http://www.destinydb.com/items#type:1498876634

Grewitch

The black one on the other hand... Scares the crap out of everyone, so only used for halloween, and special occasions.

Anyway, enough of this, DESTINY IS AWESOME!

Your story's inspirational, man. I have a friend who was born blind and she's all kinds of cool. Couldn't watch her take her fake eyes out though, I'm squeamish when it comes to real life.

Have you thought about glow-in-the-dark?

I would also add to that, each weapon have numerous variants. Just look at all the variants for the Sahara-AR3. Once you get into exotics, they don't have variants, but usually "special" abilities. Like Timeless Mythoclast

Yep, for sure. It reminds me of getting the same item in Diablo that's got slightly better upgrades. I just don't think that's realistically going to happen. By the time you get a slightly different gun you've already moved up to another weapon.

TomShoe

Banned
Planning on getting the PS3 edition day one, then upgrading once I get a PS4 around the holidays.

What do you guys think, is it a solid plan, or should I just wait?

CLBridges

It's Destiny early access. Right? RIGHT? =[

Although I wouldn't complain if they did do early access for digital, that would suck for those waiting for physical copies. So, I doubt they would do that.

I'm thinking they'll announce some type of new info. or surprise info. within the game we weren't expecting.

#miller

Amazon.de says they will deliver on Tuesday, 9th, but are going to check if there is a special condition that it might be delivered earlier.

If the server are going online on midnight it would be best to have it on the 8th, am I wrong?

Respect

+ Announcement coming today.
+ Someone had their order status updated a few pages back.
+ ?????????

= Destiny release moved forward. Comes out tomorrow, we all hold hands and sing songs around the Traveler, followed by a huge rave.

Digital Guardian Edition validated!!!

eq6ygMb.gif

Kane1345

Planning on getting the PS3 edition day one, then upgrading once I get a PS4 around the holidays.

What do you guys think, is it a solid plan, or should I just wait?

Sounds good. If you want to play the game why wait? Especially with the upgrade system in place

ironcreed

Banned
Finally went ahead and pre-ordered on Xbox One. It will be nice to have it ready to go on Tuesday. Pre-loading is a game changer for those of us on consoles.

Depends what you mean by gifts by NPCs? If you mean stuff like the presents from the Cryptarch for leveling up then yes that goes to the Postmaster. But stuff like the red ghost, sparrow, emblems, etc. come to Tess.

Yeah, the Cryptarch, and I think maybe the Faction Leaders can take note of what you did and gift you things. I'll try to find the interview that I read that explained it. But basically, if The Game gives you a gift it goes to the Postmaster, if Bungie gives you a gift it goes to Special orders.

Maybe occasionally the game thinks you really deserved that missed item, it sends it there?

Grewitch

They do look super cool. Also, the Newsweek Destiny issue states:

I guess their weak spot is their belly. And it sounds like there'll be a cool animation when getting a belly shot on them. I look forward to seeing that.

Looking forward to using my weapons on them, see if they have the stomach for it.

Lee

Yeah, the Cryptarch, and I think maybe the Faction Leaders can take note of what you did and gift you things. I'll try to find the interview that I read that explained it. But basically, if The Game gives you a gift it goes to the Postmaster, if Bungie gives you a gift it goes to Special orders.

Maybe occasionally the game thinks you really deserved that missed item, it sends it there?

Maybe. It seemed too random to me. I intentionally left 4 or 5 green engrams behind during a strike, and the postmaster had nothing for me.

I also picked up everything I could find for the first few hours of play, and the postmaster had a few gifts waiting nonetheless.

So random.

I want to go Warlock but I'm thinking of going Titan instead because they seem to be the least popular. I'm thinking the bubble shield ability could be a huge help for PvE/Raids. Like, people are gonna need that shit and I'll answer the call.

Pretty much this. I enjoyed Warlock and Hunter, but since my friends are rolling both those classes, i'm gonna go with Titan so i can fill the support role when we group up. Bubble shield for group play, superman fist for PVP.

Good times await on 9/9.

Yeah that sounds like an accurate description.

Nodnol

Game just cancelled my ghost edition.

Ah mate I know the feeling.

They cancelled my Mass Effect 3 CE days before release. I sent angry emails and all sorts. It was when they had issues with EA stock just prior to going into administration.

Different circumstances, but keep an eye on Amazon; that's where I managed to pick up my CE. Granted Game's stock got reassigned in my situation, but there's always hope.

Also, if you want all the digital content and not necessarily the physical stuff, consider the going digital. I got the DGE for around £53 from the US store.

DryvBy

With raids, I'm thinking of this like the beta (if I even remember correctly). You party up with your two friends, then you jump into the boss battles and other guys will just show up. They're not on your friends list, right? Or do raids have an option to have 5 of your friends join you?

I can't remember which is which now.

edit: Nevermind. I was thinking of Strikes, not Raids.

JPS Kai

I wrote an article last night about Destiny being entirely online only with requiring Plus/Live on current-gen (and 360) consoles to play the game. So far, I've seen nothing that indicates that you'll be able to play anything by yourself without being connected online. Can someone confirm this for me?

Please correct the headline. You say that you can play as long as you have a connection. Plus and Live are required for multi-player aspects such as Raids, Strikes, and Pvp. You can play the story by yourself if you don’t have a subscription on the new consoles

MAX PAYMENT

Finally went ahead and pre-ordered on Xbox One. It will be nice to have it ready to go on Tuesday. Pre-loading is a game changer for those of us on consoles.

I cancelled my physical copy for the digital deluxe yesterday.

Mainly because I'm almost positive work will keep me from picking the game up without my preorder copy getting sold to someone else. That happened to my diablo 3 and couldn't pick that up until yesterday!

Never again.

Also my work keeps me so busy that I don't know when I'll get the first chance to play or for how long. It'll be nice to have it already preloaded.

With raids, I'm thinking of this like the beta (if I even remember correctly). You party up with your two friends, then you jump into the boss battles and other guys will just show up. They're not on your friends list, right? Or do raids have an option to have 5 of your friends join you?

You must enter raids with 6-players, there is no matchmaking and no random instancing. You HAVE to team up with 5-people to enter a raid. Which is why clans are going to be so important for raiding.

robo

I wrote an article last night about Destiny being entirely online only with requiring Plus/Live on current-gen (and 360) consoles to play the game. So far, I've seen nothing that indicates that you'll be able to play anything by yourself without being connected online. Can someone confirm this for me?

everything is online, but PS+ is not required for story mode only Strikes, PVP and the raid.

Gold is required for everything on 360 and xbone I believe

DeviantBoi

An early release tomorrow would certainly help reviewers. That would give them this weekend to play with a populated world and have a review ready to go by early Tuesday morning.

I believe for Xbox you need Gold for any aspect (this was the case for the beta, I see that continuing to live because even in story you're finding other people in the world etc)

Kane1345

Raids are for groups of 6 only and there is no matchmaking

Grewitch

Did we ever get any info on wether there will be more Guardian customization options in the final game? I know we're all hoping for space beards but I thought the customization options were a little lacking.
At least without any further options I won't have to spend another hour on deciding between two extremely similar shades of red again...

I don't think there's been anything official, no.

JPS Kai

everything is online, but PS+ is not required for story mode only Strikes, PVP and the raid.

Gold is required for everything on 360 and xbone I believe

Great, thanks!

This should fix what I had put before.
[UPDATE: While an internet connection is required to play Destiny, Playstation Plus is only mandatory for the cooperative/competitive play on PS4 (Strikes, PVP, and Raids). Xbox Live Gold is required for any mode on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One)]

First post since beta.

I'm running with a female Awoken TITAN as my main

Male Exo Warlock alt.

Undecided gender Human Hunter 2nd alt.

I always add a bunch of people on my friends list for a game and then only ever play a few hours with them. This time will be different. I think I will take the first day or so to really take in the game (I intentionally held back on the beta and only let myself play until getting the sparrow) but after that I'm going to be doing as much as I can in groups, hopefully full of DestinyGAF.

First post since beta.

Male Exo Warlock alt.

I always add a bunch of people on my friends list for a game and then only ever play a few hours with them. This time will be different. I think I will take the first day or so to really take in the game (I intentionally held back on the beta and only let myself play until getting the sparrow) but after that I'm going to be doing as much as I can in groups, hopefully full of DestinyGAF.

^ I've got you on my friend list. Looking forward to playing with you!

Oscar

I had a dream that Bungie opened up the servers starting Friday, allowing digital preloads access to the game early.

Kane1345

First post since beta.

Male Exo Warlock alt.

Just added you :)

MAX PAYMENT

My Xbox gamertag is MAX PAYMENT

Most likely will be a Titan. I do plan on playing this a lot. If there's a GAF clan or whatever, I'm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom