• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

As someone who prefers long-range combat, and leans toward characters with magical or supernatural abilities, and as someone who isn't the best FPS player, should I follow my instincts and go with a Warlock?

Respect

As someone who prefers long-range combat, and leans toward characters with magical or supernatural abilities, and as someone who isn't the best FPS player, should I follow my instincts and go with a Warlock?

If you are expecting a biotic, you will be disappointed. They really only have one "Nuke" and it has a big CD. (Range isn't that large either)

You're talking about the explore side-missions, right?

The story missions is barely like that from what I've played in the beta since explore side-missions has those ''Kill this many enemies'' and ''collect this many of x'' objectives

This, I don't remember single player missions being like this.

Deadman

Just got an email that my white ps4 + destiny + tlou has dispatched. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow/weekend so I can set everything up before tuesday.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Yes

All classes can use guns as well as the others so you can get your range game on and still throw space magic.

Go for it. You have 3 character slots, so you can play as the thee classes later. Play each class to level 5 or so, then decide which one you want to main.

What is a biotic?

"Mage" class in Mass Effect series.

Kane1345

Sounds like the perfect fit for you

funkypie

Banned
If people are okay with it, me or someone else might do a thread for it.

But as of this point, we're better off using the OT to make some XBL/PSN friends, although I can see some friend requests might get ignored along the way during the launch week.

well it worked great for diablo but if you or someone else does do one, I suggest splitting eu and US IDs too. simply because of the time difference.

Strider

Just got an email that my white ps4 + destiny + tlou has dispatched. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow/weekend so I can set everything up before tuesday.

Welcome to the best current gen platform :p

Dat white console and those 2 games were excellent choices.

Has anyone had their Ghost Editions canceled from Gamestop? I went in the day they announced it like 2 mins after they opened so I am probably good.

I saw this on reddit and thought it was pretty cool of GS.

4BKgsOI.jpg

WITHE1982

Warlock with a scout rifle and sniper sounds like your ideal load-out:

"Is that a warlock on that ridge in the distance? (Shot rings out and an enemies head explodes) "Ah I guess it was then" (you quietly glide away)

Although the super is quite short range.

I'm a little confused on why my membership into DestinyGAF East was denied. I followed all the steps to get accepted and now I see they are all closed. Can anyone help me out?

biezel

Canceled my Amazon pre-order (was just the normal edition anyway) and pre-ordered the Guardian edition on PSN. Not waiting for some goddamn truck.

robo

I'm a little confused on why my membership into DestinyGAF East was denied. I followed all the steps to get accepted and now I see they are all closed. Can anyone help me out?

clan stuff is locked until the 9th, nobody can be admitted into clans until then. also all clans have been reset and everyone will have to be added back in.

Loomba

Has anyone had their Ghost Editions canceled from Gamestop? I went in the day they announced it like 2 mins after they opened so I am probably good.

So they are getting the game for free or still have to pay for the PS3 ghost edition?

Respect

Canceled my Amazon pre-order (was just the normal edition anyway) and pre-ordered the Guardian edition on PSN. Not waiting for some goddamn truck.

Agreed, although I'm not taking any days off and I had ordered from Amazon (never had issues in the past), I want to be locked and loaded when I get back Tuesday and ready to binge. My UPS driver sometimes arrives at 8ish...no dice on that noise.

Son of a...just got a text from my wife that her brother-in-law will be in town the 8th through the 11th and we are going to have dinner. UGH...I'm begging her to say we are only available on the 8th.

Must be nice, man. I'd do the same except I am getting a white PS4 :0

stupid UPS doesn't come until like 5pm either

So they are getting the game for free or still have to pay for the PS3 ghost edition?

Presumably everything in the PS3 Ghost Edition is the exact same except the disc. So they're giving you that and a PS4 Standard Disc. Essentially, it gives you your Ghost Edition and a free PS3 copy that you can do whatever you want with.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I've gone PS4 Digital and my wallet cries at the lack of brillig but let's see how this pans out for me :)

I pronounce it as Frabjuss *shrug*

edit: Cyrock look here for the DestinyGAF Clan Recruitment thread: DestinyGAF Clan Sign Up
and look for DestinyGAF on bungie.

The question is if the PS3 codes for the expansion pass and such carry over to PS4, otherwise those people are still getting the short end of the stick.

Loomba

Presumably everything in the PS3 Ghost Edition is the exact same except the disc. So they're giving you that and a PS4 Standard Disc. Essentially, it gives you your Ghost Edition and a free PS3 copy that you can do whatever you want with.

Ah yeah thought so, for a second I thought that they were getting everything for free. Still cool of them though.

Skele7on

Banned

Probably better to ask in the clan thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=856555&page=1

And maybe PM a clan admin?

Edit- oh yeah, clan stuff is locked until the 9th

is there an official GAF group going on the bunjie site?
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clans/
? :D

PM me about clan stuff, or go to DGAF thread. Somethings are locked until the 9th, but we're trying to get it all sorted as best we can in the meantime.

R0ckman

Agreed, although I'm not taking any days off and I had ordered from Amazon (never had issues in the past), I want to be locked and loaded when I get back Tuesday and ready to binge. My UPS driver sometimes arrives at 8ish...no dice on that noise.

Son of a...just got a text from my wife that her brother-in-law will be in town the 8th through the 11th and we are going to have dinner. UGH...I'm begging her to say we are only available on the 8th.

I was an idiot and chose to have my new platform development training on release day and the following day. I'll be taking half the day off on release and the friday off fully. It happens to everyone man.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm midnight releasing mine on PS4 and have gone digital on xbox one.

I am really ready ladies and gents. HURRY UP TUESDAY!

Contacted game apparently they had issues with billing which is strange since I have well in excess of the required amount. I'm waiting for a call back to give them new billing details.

Apparently the ghost edition is still allocated to me.

Will update.

reson8or

If I don't play competitive MP, does getting the Digital Guardian Edition make sense? It seems like one of the Expansions will be Competitive focused and one Single Player/Co-Op focused, or am I reading this wrong?!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

LordofPwn

didn't know this was an option, how do I do that?

Sign up for UPS MyChoice. it's free. and then once you get a tracking number you can tell them to drop it off at the nearest UPS store. Now i've never actually done this, but i had an option to for my PS4, and there looked to be no cost. I should have done it though because mine didn't show up at my work till 1pm.

I have heard some people say it may cost a small fee to re-route it, but either way go sign up and there may be a FAQ section on some of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom