• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo

If I don't play competitive MP, does getting the Digital Guardian Edition make sense? It seems like one of the Expansions will be Competitive focused and one Single Player/Co-Op focused, or am I reading this wrong?!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

reading it wrong
the first expansion contains a strike, pve and pvp mode map, plus new weapons and armor.

second expansion hasn't been detailed yet apart from name.

Cuphead

Banned
If I don't play competitive MP, does getting the Digital Guardian Edition make sense? It seems like one of the Expansions will be Competitive focused and one Single Player/Co-Op focused, or am I reading this wrong?!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Only one has been actually detailed and it has SP content, you could buy them separate for piece of mind but I'm sure the second will have more SP content as well.

Grewitch

any chance we may need to upg the ship to get to the other planets?

Seems rather pointless getting a ship twice the size if your starting one is enough.

They've said ships are just for looks, no upgrades on them anyway. You just change the look. Doesn't seem to factor into you going to other planets.

reson8or

reading it wrong
the first expansion contains a strike, pve and pvp mode map, plus new weapons and armor.

second expansion hasn't been detailed yet apart from name.

Only one has been actually detailed and it has SP content, you could buy them separate for piece of mind but I'm sure the second will have more SP content as well.

Thanks fellas, will probably pony up for the DGE. :)

Skele7on

Banned
ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

...buying Destiny on both consoles.

HAHA, YEAHHH... Dat double dip.....

I literally am letting myself in for a bad time of not knowing which one to play and probably my phone exploding from text saying lets play destiny.

Kane1345

Contacted game apparently they had issues with billing which is strange since I have well in excess of the required amount. I'm waiting for a call back to give them new billing details.

Apparently the ghost edition is still allocated to me.

Will update.

Good luck!

bigDave

tip number 1:

Keep the head down.

bsx0d.gif

airjoca

Got the "normal" version pre-ordered on US PSN. Wondering if I should upgrade it to DGE for $29.99 or wait, since it will only be +$5 to buy the expansion pass later on and by then I will have a better assessment of the game as a whole, and whether it's worthy of further investment or not.

Decisions, decisions...

LtOrange

What controller setups(sensitivity,layout,ect.) do you plan on using?

I always find myself sticking with default, but was wondering if anyone found setups that better suited Destiny. I want to suck less in the crucible....

Cuphead

Banned

I always find myself sticking with default, but was wondering if anyone found setups that better suited Destiny. I want to suck less in the crucible....

Always turn up my sensitivity a few notches(7/10). Did in the beta and it helped plenty, especially in crucible.

I like Green Thumb. It lets you aim your melee better since your thumb stays on the stick.

Skele7on

Banned
HAHA I did this too, I infact did it the evening they announced it here in the UK, and the guys at GAME didn't even know what it was, so had to put my name down and wait till the next morning till they got the SKU's to actually put down my preorder.

It is the nerdiest I have ever felt!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
When do the servers go live? Bungie tweeted a bit ago that the servers would go online as soon as the first territory hit midnight.

Grewitch

Yep

Just keep stockpiling and don't forget to dismantle the ever living shit out of everything!
You will need those weapon parts/cloths, if you have stockpiles, you will save yourself such a huge headache for level 20+ stuff

I remember I earned like 65+ weapon parts from buying so many weapons from the Cryptacrch while leveling him up, you can only buy up to 9 per purchase rotation

Also for my loop, learn all the places were Spinmetal can spawn, there's at least roughly 7 spots I know of it can spawn, so yeah, need those too!
You can trade them in for marks for Crucible or Vanguard in 40 stacks, but save those shits at the start, cause guns quickly start requesting material @ level 10+ when Blue (Rare) stuff starts dropping

I grinded in the BETA just to get as much info as I could so I have a nice head start from others who will be a little aloof, *TRADE SECRETS*

Some things I still haven't mentioned =D

Thanks, that's some good advice.

So what is the big announcement Bungie teased yesterday for today? Did they release anything yet?

Also, is anyone else thinking of not opening their Ghost Edition due to its limited nature? I may have to buy a second copy of just the game....

So what is the big announcement Bungie teased yesterday for today? Did they release anything yet?

Also, is anyone else thinking of not opening their Ghost Edition due to its limited nature? I may have to buy a second copy of just the game....

I keep thinking about reselling my limited edition, but I know I'm not gonna be able to contain myself once it's in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom