• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Sorry has been asked, but if I pre-order the digital download code from Amazon, does that mean I can't pre-load from the PSN before the game releases? Their page says:

"You won't be charged for your pre-order until the product is available for download. When the product is available, you will receive an e-mail reminder that your download and product keys are in Your Games and Software Library. You can also go to Your Games and Software Library anytime after the release date to download your product."

Which implies the code isn't sent until you are charged, which would be at midnight 9/9.

They send the code usually on release day and sometimes well into the morning, so pre-loading is highly unlikely.

This is why a lot of us bought PSN cards from Amazon and just bought the game through PSN.

rgnine

679GtLE.png

Once you hear it...

Eyeron

Damn. That open house event at Bungie is tempting. Already taking Tuesday off. My wife works about a block away so maybe she can go brave the crowd and grab a souvenir for me.

My guess is that it would still be up if people would have been able to pre-load with a release of next tuesday, versus this flood gate.

9/7 should be interesting, when the Preload goes live.

It's going to be a really weird test/situation.

a) Straight up a lot of log ins to the XBL/PSN infrastructures
b) A ton of downloads, some being the actual/entire game, some being any necessary patches at launch
c) Always-online gameplay that everyone's trying to upload to at once
d) Oh and I forgot livestreams that a bunch of people are probably going to want to run immediately to be "FIRST!"

It should be very interesting indeed.

LordofPwn

true, but there is a day 1 patch to come as well for all us disc players which won't help.
patch should be up on the 7th as well, maybe the 8th. and i'm sure the PSN can throttle pre-loads. no problem with Diablo III.

9/7 should be interesting, when the Preload goes live.

It's going to be a really weird test/situation.

a) Straight up a lot of log ins to the XBL/PSN infrastructures
b) A ton of downloads, some being the actual/entire game, some being any necessary patches at launch
c) Always-online gameplay that everyone's trying to upload to at once
d) Oh and I forgot livestreams that a bunch of people are probably going to want to run immediately to be "FIRST!"

It should be very interesting indeed.
log-ins will probably happen in waves based on timezones.
They can probably throttle downloads as its a pre-load
upload to, more like ping.
UStream and Twitch will have their own issues, thats not a PSN thing.

Differing time-zones will help tremendously.

I do not know about you guys but a lot of people who want to play Destiny have to work before they can finally play the game. It is the average working day.

That will seriously leave some stress away from PSN. Plus that they have 4 days before the weekend hits. Plenty of time.

Grewitch

Anyone have beta pics of their char/gear screen ? Curious how you all looked :)

Here's my Titan. Didn't manage to get any of the Iron Banner goodies or special gear, but I was happy...that will change come Tuesday.

R.I.P.

Gone but not forgotten,
Fought the good fight,
No loot was ill-gotten,
Faced her enemies with all her might,
Never backed down,
Stood up to the question marks,
Even when faced with one-shot rounds,
Laughed in battle, ready for a lark,
Till Bungie shut the servers down,
And everything went dark.

-2014, Earth.

Respect

Differing time-zones will help tremendously.

I do not know about you guys but a lot of people who want to play Destiny have to work before they can finally play the game. It is the average working day.

That will seriously leave some stress away from PSN. Plus that they have 4 days before the weekend hits. Plenty of time.

Indeed, prime time Tuesday night will definitely be the moment of truth. I hope to be able to hop on right after work, but I am tempering my expectations somewhat. I doubt it will be perfect, but hopefully it will be relatively stable.

ProjectBerkley

Neo Member
Just preordered through PSN. This is my first digital game purchase ever. If this goes well, I may stick to all digital in the future. If it's a disaster, well...

Violater

Indeed, prime time Tuesday night will definitely be the moment of truth. I hope to be able to hop on right after work, but I am tempering my expectations somewhat. I doubt it will be perfect, but hopefully it will be relatively stable.

Lets bring that sumb**ch to its knees.

Just preordered through PSN. This is my first digital game purchase ever. If this goes well, I may stick to all digital in the future. If it's a disaster, well...

I've had nothing but positive experiences going digital on PS3/PS4 so far. As long as you set your system to primary you should'nt have issues accessing your content.

Xeroblade

My last midnight release i went to was Halo 3, I think i should break that record of not going by going to get my Destiny bundle monday night.

Fitts

Regarding clans, has it been announced how they'll be implemented into the game? Is there a list separate from your PSN friends that allows you to see your clanmates' online status so you can easily form a fireteam together?

EDIT: Also, I know it's possible to be in multiple groups, but can you be a part of multiple clans?

I stopped doing that after Watch Dogs. My internet is pretty damn fast. I can usually download full games in no time at all. I started downloading watch dogs right as it went up, it took like 12 hours for some reason. Its YMMV I guess, so good luck

Sure it fits into car? Maybe should consider renting out large van for the day :b

U-Haul better be ready for an emergency call!

I am having a lot of trouble deciding between Awoken and Exo. Awoken females have the awesome frohawk option, but exo's have the best dance moves.

Sunday is going to be hell on PSN. I wonder if they will stagger preload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom