• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Anyone have beta pics of their char/gear screen ? Curious how you all looked :)

BtgbHZ3CUAAhgYe.jpg:orig
I called her Scarlet.

I missed you, Scarlet!! ;__;

VanWinkle

I wonder if this game will be GREAT or just good. Also, I wonder if the story will be good; it was hard to think so from the little bit we got in the beta, but Bungie did great with the Halo series, so it's hard to think it would be bad.

probably already answered, but can you choose Hard and/or Very Hard difficulty for your first campaign playthrough to get better loot?

When you select missions, you can choose normal or hard (level wise), but if you're not properly geared up hard would be too hard. Once you're higher level, hard would appear as normal.

Sirim

probably already answered, but can you choose Hard and/or Very Hard difficulty for your first campaign playthrough to get better loot?
Not sure about loot, but for a better experience you sure can.

Hard mode is best mode.

Difficulty levels in this game are very similar to difficulty levels in Diablo 3.

Hard isn't necessarily more challenging, it just takes a lot longer to kill the bad guys.

Strider

Going off the beta... There is no true "hard" mode. Basically the difficulty you select is based on your guardian level and gear. If you are the proper level "hard" will feel like normal.

I wonder if this game will be GREAT or just good. Also, I wonder if the story will be good; it was hard to think so from the little bit we got in the beta, but Bungie did great with the Halo series, so it's hard to think it would be bad.

I expect the game to be "good" at launch. Whether it becomes "great" or not is gonna depend on the updates and content added throughout the game's life.

ChuckNyce

Should have my copy Friday or Saturday. I'll get a whole weekend to smell the fresh case since I'm sure the servers won't be up :-(

Rizzi

I'm still on the fence about Destiny. It makes me think about Borderlands, and I really don't like Borderlands.

Starting to realize there is no way in hell PSN survives 9/9. Seems like such a fickle network.

I have faith in Bungie servers, but I'm pretty sure the game still relies on the PSN gateway in order to function.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Wait, both Warlock and Hunters have the teleport ability? Blink, is it? Saw the live action trailer and that move was so incredibly cool.

Sorry has been asked, but if I pre-order the digital download code from Amazon, does that mean I can't pre-load from the PSN before the game releases? Their page says:

"You won't be charged for your pre-order until the product is available for download. When the product is available, you will receive an e-mail reminder that your download and product keys are in Your Games and Software Library. You can also go to Your Games and Software Library anytime after the release date to download your product."

Which implies the code isn't sent until you are charged, which would be at midnight 9/9.

Respect

Sorry has been asked, but if I pre-order the digital download code from Amazon, does that mean I can't pre-load from the PSN before the game releases? Their page says:

"You won't be charged for your pre-order until the product is available for download. When the product is available, you will receive an e-mail reminder that your download and product keys are in Your Games and Software Library. You can also go to Your Games and Software Library anytime after the release date to download your product."

Which implies the code isn't sent until you are charged, which would be at midnight 9/9.

My understanding is you can't download until you get the codes, which will be sent on release date from Amazon...so you are correct, no preloading.

Titans just run through stuff.

Titan smash....

giphy.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve

There is no pre-loading if you buy from any digital retailer besides Sony or MS directly.

My understanding is you can't download until you get the codes, which will be sent on release date from Amazon...so you are correct, no preloading.

Yup, preloading only if you preordered through the PSN store. If you want to order from Amazon for bonus points, just buy a PSN card and use that.

robo

if people downloading minecraft can take down PSN, there is no way they will cope with Destiny on tuesday.

Going Phyiscal, but it won't matter anyway, won't be able to do squat with the game. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any word on the 360 install size?

I'm googling around and hearing it's 20GB, which means I might be fucked and need to cancel my pre-order because I'm still rocking the 20GB HDD.

LordofPwn

if people downloading minecraft can take down PSN, there is no way they will cope with Destiny on tuesday.

Going Phyiscal, but it won't matter anyway, won't be able to do squat with the game. :(

My guess is that it would still be up if people would have been able to pre-load with a release of next tuesday, versus this flood gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom