• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm yearning for yarn

Hit me with a big neon scarf Bungie!

Be careful what you wish for...muahahaha!

393px-UFO_Epic_Yarn.png

robo

to many downloading minecraft

god knows what it will be like on tuesday, its not gonna be pretty at this rate.

Grewitch

Like I said in another thread this live action trailer was way too cheesy for my taste. Would have liked slightly more serious tone on this one, but then I'm maybe biased because I really like Halo's live action stuff.

Good song choice tho!

Yeah, but dood, this isn't Halo. There have been many serious trailers for Destiny, that this one is just fun, y'know?

Not that I'm saying you're not entitled to your opinion, it's as valid as any ones. Just saying I had fun watching that.

Going to trust psn more then gamestop on this and it still says pre-load on 9/7. I pre-ordered through psn, but not sure why it would make a difference with digital. I guess this would be a cruel joke on me since the whole reason I went digital was the small chance I would be able to play early, due to the story going around the internet about bungie opening servers when clocks strikes midnight somewhere in the world.

It's not up to bungie, it's up to sony to unlock the game (pre-loads)

Lee

Between the PSN, XBLive, and Bungie Net i expect the PSN to collapse first.

Xbox Live will hold. We will be like the last city, after most of the planet (PSN) collapses, and the Traveler (based Bungie's servers) will protect us.

Hopefully.

Strider

I'm optimistic.. I don't really expect PSN or XBlive to have too many problems. Launch wont be perfect but the game will be playable at least.

I expect B.net to shit itself though. Clan stuff might be a pain the first few days.

tmac456

yep I marked out hard to that video

Tuesday, get your ass here right NOW

also.... add me on PSN: Hoosier07

Titans, Warlocks, Hunters. Ya'll are welcome

LordofPwn

I'm a little perturbed by the errors people are having after purchasing Minecraft(PS4).

A little worried about getting a Digital copy now,

Digital copy will be fine, you buy it now, it downloads on the 7th and ready to open on the 9th at 12:01am PST. I would wait till tomorrow or late tonight for things to cool off on PSN though if you're paranoid.

-Snooze-

Banned
PSN is god awful coming from someone who primarily gamed on an Xbox 360. Was it this bad on the PS3? I rarely played online.

I assume the XBone maintains Microsoft excellent online track record ?

X-Frame

I'll add you later too, another Titan and I remember you often from the ME3 multiplayer thread. Or you can add me, Xevren11

I remember you too, yeah I was active in that thread for awhile, ha. I'd add you now but PSN is down. I'll have to remember for later.

rgnine

What is your PSN dude, the Order of the Titans need to stick together while the Warlocks and Hunters play around. The city won't protect itself.

My PSN is StrikerCodex. I only add people I know, so just shoot me a message saying you're from GAF and I'll add you when I get the chance.

LordofPwn

PS4 PSN is waaaaaaaay btter than PSN on PS3 from my experiences.

The PSN is the same, PS4 is just better suited for PSN than PS3

My PSN is StrikerCodex. I only add people I know, so just shoot me a message saying you're from GAF and I'll add you when I get the chance.
Sending you a friend request after PSN is back up.

PSN: LordofPwn for those that may need another strike-mate

catspit

I called my local indie game shop today and they seemed pretty sure they'd be getting it in stock tomorrow. What are the chances of the servers going up before the weekend? Would suck to physically own the game and not be able to play it.

They said people can break street date all they want because the servers won't be online untill realease.

SDCowboy

I called my local indie game shop today and they seemed pretty sure they'd be getting it in stock tomorrow. What are the chances of the servers going up before the weekend? Would suck to physically own the game and not be able to play it.

Zero. The servers will likely be down until Midnight Tuesday.

Thanks to the NFL for being able to distract me a little bit over these next few days....I almost can't stand the hype.

A lot of posts about PSN worries. While I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong, but I think initially it should be fine for the first 12 hours. It's the evening of 9/7 that I'm worried about when many like myself get home and boot up the game. That should be the biggest stress test and most likely down time. But again, I'd like to believe in Bungie servers, but not necessarily Sony's (still remember launch day connectivity, and that was only around 1 Million users in 24 hours).

Oscar

"Whenever it is 9/9 in the world" is the official word from Bungie, meaning 9/8 sometime in the morning if you're in the US because of NZ time.

There is still hope of some crazy announcement today, so let's see what happens.

Bizazedo

Pre-loaded XB1 version already and have the physical copy coming for PS4 on the 9th. Plan to focus more on PS4, but I have a bad feeling will be on the XB1 version most of Tuesday....

Sirim

I applaud Bungie's decision to go for a more jovial tone for this trailer, from what we've been shown for many months be it teases, alpha or beta gameplay cut scenes it has all been all serious and a little hokey at times :p

I didn't want another "The darkness is coming Guardian, you're our only hope" vibe.

Great song choice too.
Yes yes and yes. Destiny's super self-important Be Brave Darkness shit has been a bit much. This lighthearted team vibe is much appreciated and welcomed.

Afro

probably already answered, but can you choose Hard and/or Very Hard difficulty for your first campaign playthrough to get better loot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom