• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respect

Let's get real
Tumblr_static_explosion_gif.gif

I'm just trying to be optimistic :)

Tovarisc

I am having a lot of trouble deciding between Awoken and Exo. Awoken females have the awesome frohawk option, but exo's have the best dance moves.

Sunday is going to be hell on PSN. I wonder if they will stagger preload.

I just leave my warlock here...

It's weird to think, to me at least, that service like PSN couldn't handle pre-load traffic of larger releases, but then I have been spoiled by Steam for years now. They could try staggering it little by e.g. timezone release of preload, but I doubt they will do it.

Hunter or Titan??? Hunter or Titan??? Decisions, decisions.

I played Titan during the beta and seemed to dig it, but that Hunter is pretty tempting too.

I wish they had a 4rg class in this game.

3 is just so limiting.

Oh yeah one other question .......

I really love Marty O'Donnell's enchanting and spectacular score for this game.

Sadly, they discarded him and we STILL do even have an official reason for this. So here is what I am wondering.

1) Has there been any unofficial word as to why they terminated O'Donnell from the team? He and Bungie had a 12+ year collaborative relationship. Why get rid of him now? Especially as they are starting a new franchise with his compositions so prominently featured!

2) Whose decision was this? Was it Bungie? Activision? Both?

2) Is there any chance that Bungie/Activision might be magnanimous and conciliatory and bring O'Donnell back on the team? It seems utterly ridiculous to forsake the work of such a superb and stupendous talent that has been so instrumental (no pun intended) into breathing life into Bungie's worlds.

viveks86

Space fur FTW!

Sadly, they discarded him and we STILL do even have an official reason for this. So here is what I am wondering.

1) Has there been any unofficial word as to why they terminated O'Donnell from the team? He and Bungie had a 12+ year collaborative relationship. Why get rid of him now? Especially as they are starting a new franchise with his compositions so prominently featured!

2) Is there any chance that Bungie/Activision might be magnanimous and conciliatory and bring O'Donnell back on the team? It seems utterly ridiculous to forsake the work of such a superb and stupendous talent that has been so instrumental (no pun intended) into breathing life into Bungie's worlds.

What is this I don't even…

Monster Zero

I've decided to go
Hunter
95% sure after seeing blink in action. That plus triple jumps makes for some crazy mobility as a blade dancer.

I just leave my warlock here...

Gah, looks so good! . My titan shall be mighty...and blue. That frohawk really sold me on the class, as weird as it sounds. It's the closest thing to my hair in the game other than a fade.

It's weird to think, to me at least, that service like PSN couldn't handle pre-load traffic of larger releases, but then I have been spoiled by Steam for years now. They could try staggering it little by e.g. timezone release of preload, but I doubt they will do it.

They better be beefing it up. My guess is the game does a few million day one, with many of those skewed toward digital downloads.

immodicus

Neo Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_O%27Donnell

There isn't much legally they will ever have to say.

Grewitch

Here's my Warlock too:

I was pretty certain upto now that my Titan would return as an Exo, but now I'm wondering if I should bring back Emeraladis as a Titan too. Hmmm, decisions, decisions...will have to see if they updated the Customization and how I feel on the day.

I still haven't decided what race.. I was Exo Warlock for both alpha and beta, but if characters continue on for Destiny sequels, would I want to stick with him for that long or should I betray him for an Awoken with a sweet blue mohawk? This is going to be difficult. I know my Hunter whenever I decide to actually make one will be a human female. Titan can be whatever.

Hey all,

So I've made a group/clan twice (alpha and beta I think) and I don't think it saved for the final game. Which is fine, I'll make it again and send the invites out to my mates, but I've been really confused about the whole system and apparently there's documents around that details what the difference between a group and a clan is, if there is one, and how to go about creating it properly.

Any links or responses would be greatly appreciated...looking forward to seeing some of you next week!

Also, edit if this has been asked before, sorry. Was gonna scour the thread but got lost in the crazy amazing OP.

Strider

I've decided to go
Hunter
95% sure after seeing blink in action. That plus triple jumps makes for some crazy mobility as a blade dancer.

I've already decided Bladedancer - Hunter just off reading the abilities, but where did you see blink in action? Link the video please? :D

Jafo_

Somethings been bugging me since the beta, North side of the tower had a locked door, and on the map, it looks like it's missing a whole lot of something.
This section could be just for the Trails of Osiris, or more?

Grewitch

Sorry mate, but I prefer to bow to
Queen of The Reef
:p

Bah! Titans don't bow to no one. Not to cosmetic hair dyes, not to some reefer Queen, not to no one and no thing that perishes at the end of our fists.

You guys can bow all you want, though. Suits you :p

Karl Hawk

Banned
You people and your precious Hunters. What about us... Sunbros?!

Besides, we Firesinger Warlocks are gonna be the ones who'll buff the shit out of you and resurrect you should you die during combat. ;)

Kane1345

Somethings been bugging me since the beta, North side of the tower had a locked door, and on the map, it looks like it's missing a whole lot of something.

This section could be just for the Trails of Osiris, or more?

I certainly hope there is more to the tower. I also hope the amount of people in the tower at once increases although I doubt it

Strider

Never seen a class based game where people argue so much over which class is best.

Let's all be friends guys.

Hunter still best class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom