• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
have they given a reason as to why you cant invite other fireteams to your game? It would have been really cool to have like 2 fireteams cooperating with each other to complete a mission. Also, my 4 person group would have been able to play together mostly

Well you can technically. You can invite another firesquad of 3 to do a raid. Or to play crucible.

But as to missions/co-op itself, it wouldn't matter because you can't communicate with one another and the second you pass a certain area all the other people disappear.

Unless Bungie announced they added proximity chat.

let's fuck shit up yo
XpL4tEs.gif

LOL, never seen this before.

Well you can technically. You can invite another firesquad of 3 to do a raid. Or to play crucible.

But as to missions/co-op itself, it wouldn't matter because you can't communicate with one another and the second you pass a certain area all the other people disappear.

Unless Bungie announced they added proximity chat.

Oh, didnt know that. I always saw randoms in the game, and thought "why the Hell cant these be my friends". You could just go to a party for communication, which I am in 99% of the time with friends anyway

This, Activision has given them street date [9th] and being very high profile outlets they will obey that date and time if Activision doesn't say they can release digital early.

So you're saying that GameStop is breaking Activision's street date by doing a midnight release on the East Coast?

Oh, didnt know that. I always saw randoms in the game, and thought "why the Hell cant these be my friends". You could just go to a party for communication, which I am in 99% of the time with friends anyway

true, but once again, Bungie didn't think about 6 people teams besides for crucicble and raids. I swear with how many people have mentioned it, Destiny 2 will have a lot of the missing features or expected stuff (4 player co-op, bigger multiplayer games, custom games, tony hawk pro sparrow 3, forge mode, theater mode, 4th class).

I've been crazy busy at work and can't really post that often anymore. Don't worry tho, I'll be all up in that space magic BIZNASS during launch week.

Look forward to it breh.

Tovarisc

So you're saying that GameStop is breaking Activision's street date by doing a midnight release on the East Coast?

Why would they be?

It's 9th there before than e.g. on West Coast just like in here Finland we will have midnight sales 2h before UK. Street date is 9th officially and when your timezone has 9th game should become available.

Digital services can be little bit awkward when it comes to that stuff tho when they tie release to one timezone within region. For e.g. EU releases on Steam are usually done by UK time.

It's just that if it was in MS and Sony's hands, I doubt they'd be able to pass up the opportunity to one-up the other. "Get Destiny 3 hours earlier!"

I don't see how Activision could dictate that, and I don't see why they would want to either. It makes much more sense that MS/Sony don't want to put the effort into figuring out which time zone each user is in, and instead just drop the whole region at once. Obviously, if they dropped the US region at 12am EST, then they would be breaking PST street date.

Nori Chan

I can't wait to get my hunter back in action.
i1XRehDstZIEs.gif

so fucking fresh and clean

that trailer was a metaphor for warlocks jumping in and dying. also was the titan in the trailer? I didn't see him at all, just some big ass rock right next to the warlock and hunter.

Jafo_

Purple Balls, Purple Balls
It's Destiny time in the tower
Bouncing, see them bounce
Soon it will be Launch Day

Tower pathways
Busy vendors
Dressed in fancy new armor
In the air there's
A feeling of Destiny
Guardians dancing
Meeting smile after smile