• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Beaver

Anyone have beta pics of their char/gear screen ? Curious how you all looked :)

I'm a strong independent Titan who don't need no man. Except maybe anytime I want to do a strike or raid...

hnygRdM.jpg

SirNinja

Time for a new avatar at last. :D

Never seen a class based game where people argue so much over which class is best.

(If it weren't for Team Fortress 2 I'd totally agree with that...)

It's to Bungie's credit there was almost a perfect 33% split between which class players went with for the beta. My first and main class is going to be a Titan, but I'm definitely going to try all three at one point within the first month.

Tovarisc

It's a pretty bs excuse in my opinion. Happens all the time in competitive PC multiplayer shooters.

And lower settings tend to give you slight advantage because all fancy depth of fields, blurs, particle effects etc. get disabled giving you cleaner picture etc.

In that light I can understand Bungies reasoning behind it even if we aren't talking about insane advantages over those with "higher settings".

So Sony wants us to buy the digital version and basically fucks us over by making it a universal 12 am in the US, basically making it where most central and eastern people can't play.

KevinG

Target and Walmart aren't offering in store preorders of the Ghost Edition, right?

So whatever they get I'm stock is free game for chaps like me, hoping to get lucky.

JoeNut

Oh God I'm so annoyed I booked a holiday when this comes out! I won't be able to play until at least the 15th, by which time you guys will be miles ahead of me!

So Sony wants us to buy the digital version and basically fucks us over by making it a universal 12 am in the US, basically making it where most central and eastern people can't play.

Correct. For now. Some posters say that Sony has jumped the gun on releases in the past and made them available at a somewhat respectable time for East Coasters.

If you entered those 18 codes on Bungie.net you can use them now. The just unlock Grimoire Cards. Except for the 18th code, it unlocks an Emblem. Not sure if this was posted yet.

[ig]http://m.quickmeme.com/img/dc/dc0dae9056209b1b1b57b5e00799ce7b1d47e40cd109d7f2944db096a94d19d6.jpg[/ig]

[im]http://media.tumblr.com/fcf2065ff0899c5798c5db8cd9649410/tumblr_inline_mj2bm7Gc7a1qz4rgp.gif[/img]

You have my Arc Blade

Our powers combined shall bring fear to the heart of Sony.

Dog and dinosaur.

TOGETHER. AS ONE.

yinEbxK.jpg

I give you. Terrierceratops

Having the servers all unlock at the same time is weird on several levels, not least that it puts them under much harder load.

Plus, yeah. 3AM? Screw that.

NooM

Banned
Guys,

Will my character be shared cross platforms? During the beta I was able to jump back and forth between X360 and Xbox One with my same character.

If i also buy the PS4 version, is it confirmed that i can do the same between Xbox One and PS4? If i can then, and only then I'll double dip.

Any help?

I still haven't heard a good answer to why gaming sites aren't holding Sony and MS's feet to the fire over the idiotic way they are handling the Digital launch. Isn't this the type of thing gaming journalism should be all over?

Guys,

Will my character be shared cross platforms? During the beta I was able to jump back and forth between X360 and Xbox One with my same character.

If i also buy the PS4 version, is it confirmed that i can do the same between Xbox One and PS4? If i can then, and only then I'll double dip.

Any help?

Nope. 360 -> X1 or PS3 -> PS4, but not Xbox-> PlayStation or vice versa.

Kane1345

Guys,

Any help?

You can't sorry

SnakeEyes

Banned
Guys,

Any help?
This has been answered before, but you can go between platforms from the same company, e.g. PS3 <--> PS4 and 360 <--> Xbone, but not cross-brand.

I still haven't heard a good answer to why gaming sites aren't holding Sony and MS's feet to the fire over the idiotic way they are handling the Digital launch. Isn't this the type of thing gaming journalism should be all over?

Because they're not really holding anyone's feet to the fire over anything about Destiny :p

Besides, I doubt it's Sony and MS's decisions.

have they given a reason as to why you cant invite other fireteams to your game? It would have been really cool to have like 2 fireteams cooperating with each other to complete a mission. Also, my 4 person group would have been able to play together mostly

have they given a reason as to why you cant invite other fireteams to your game? It would have been really cool to have like 2 fireteams cooperating with each other to complete a mission. Also, my 4 person group would have been able to play together mostly

Balance, probably. If the Devil's Lair from the beta is any indication, upping the player count would probably break the strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom