• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they be?

It's 9th there before than e.g. on West Coast just like in here Finland we will have midnight sales 2h before UK. Street date is 9th officially and when your timezone has 9th game should become available.

Digital services can be little bit awkward when it comes to that stuff tho when they tie release to one timezone within region. For e.g. EU releases on Steam are usually done by UK time.

Why would Activision tell Sony that they can't release the digital license to PrivateWHudson who lives in Pennsylvania (EST) at midnight EST on 9/9, but GameStop can sell me the disc at that time? You said in an earlier post that Activision is telling Sony that they have to wait until midnight PST on 9/9 to release the license. I don't believe that to be the case at all.

SnakeEyes

Banned
There's beats by Dre under that hood too, blech!
Needs some Sennheisers or Audio Technicas...

Quite possibly, but the cape makes that perfectly acceptable.
Acceptable would NOT be the word I'd use :p

Actually I think #YOLO would be coming from the warlock that dived down the big hole.
Hah, true! That was awesome.

We had E-Day, now we have D-Day on the 9th.
Can't be D-Day, but what about G-Day?

Slair

How fucked am i leaving my pre-order for the LE up on amazon uk when i wont have any money in my bank account till monday at 0:01am?

BokehKing

Banned
I can't wait to get my hunter back in action.
i1XRehDstZIEs.gif

All I can think of is that this dude would use terms like #Swag and #YOLO...
All I see is a bad ass who jumped into the middle of the Frey with currently.. The worst weapon in game (hand cannon) and still kicked ass

Lee

I'm under the impression the digital version unlocks at 12:01am on Tuesday, September 9th. Is this correct?

Pacific time, if you're in the US, as far as Sony and Microsoft have said thus far.

So 3:00 A.M. EST.

I see that Ninja edit trying to make me look dumb.

Cømet

Banned
Holy hell does this thread grow! That LA trailer is awesome, the hype is real. Agree on the GotG feel.

Damn Tesco better get mah copy to me on time on Tuesday! Especially as my replacement laptop mouse is in the same order. Damn mouse. Surfing the interwebs and doodling in sketchup is a massive pain in the arse on a trackpad, and there's no way I can play Starcraft like this.
My mate's white PS4 bundle has been dispatched to him too, really hoping he gets it early so I can see dat console.

Really wanted the white at one point. It looks so good.....but I got a black one for £50 less and with Watchdogs, which meant I had the cash spare to order Destiny anyway for no extra.

How fucked am i leaving my pre-order for the LE up on amazon uk when i wont have any money in my bank account till monday at 0:01am?

Hmm I'm not sure, if anything you'd be cutting it pretty fucking close. Amazon has charged me in the past both on the Sunday and Monday before release. In the US though.

Tovarisc

Why would Activision tell Sony that they can't release the digital license to PrivateWHudson who lives in Pennsylvania (EST) at midnight EST on 9/9, but GameStop can sell me the disc at that time? You said in an earlier post that Activision is telling Sony that they have to wait until midnight PST on 9/9 to release the license. I don't believe that to be the case at all.

I didn't mention any specific timezone tho.

What Activision has most likely told to Sony is that 9/9 is street date for Destiny and game shouldn't be made available for play before that date. How they decided to choose PST? as timezone for release in whole U.S. I couldn't know.

It's always shitty when digital releases are done to region by using only one timezone even if said region has multiple timezones in it.

What Activision has most likely told to Sony is that 9/9 is street date for Destiny and game shouldn't be made available for play before that date. How they decided to choose PST? as timezone for release in whole U.S. I couldn't know.

It's always shitty when digital releases are done to region by using only one timezone even if said zone has multiple timezones in it.

It makes sense why they used pacific, They're the ones with the earliest possible time in the US. But still, instead of making it where each region unlocks at a specific time you screwed over everybody besides PST. Yes, they could easily change their timezone, but if somebody is gonna bother doing that then who cares, they aren't the majority

Slair

Send Amazon a message about it
They have great costumer service

Hmm I'm not sure, if anything you'd be cutting it pretty fucking close. Amazon has charged me in the past both on the Sunday and Monday before release. In the US though.

Thanks, I just contacted them via chat, i had no idea they'd have people doing that at 23:59, they said that they'd ship it on Saturday. So I'll have to cancel and re-order on Monday, dammit :/

It's always shitty when digital releases are done to region by using only one timezone even if said zone has multiple timezones in it.

Fair enough, so do you agree that Sony not getting me my license until 3am MY time rests squarely on Sony? It's only three hours, not a huge deal since I knew the deal and still decided not to pick up a disc. BUT... I hate that it gets ignored or pushed onto Bungie/Activision when it's Sony/MS that should be developing better solutions for digital licensing if we are looking at a digital future.

That ad is probably the first Kosinski thing I've fully enjoyed :lol

Gradually getting hyped for this again. I'm pretty much on a three-week, on-off hype cycle.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just watched the Live Action Trailer - that was great!

I am a Titan through and through, but I will admit, Hunter was the star of that advert.

Exo Titan
Human Hunter
Awoken Warlock

Yes?

LowParry

Awww yeah. I'm in DestinyGAF East NA 6.

If anyone is part of that clan, add me up. It's gonna be a long work night :(

PSN: Downplay

1 morning of class tomorrow followed by 2 days of work, and 2 more mornings of class. And then it's here. Man it's been so awesome, although I'm happy that it's coming, I'm kinda going to miss the hype train ride with you all from the day the game got shown, until it's launch. All the discussions, all the hypothesis that we created, analysis, the jokes... We sure had some good fun :')

KevinG

Did Target take in store preorders for the LEs and Ghost Editions? I just like the idea of hitting up Target in the morning rather than doing Walmart at midnight.

So who are the people who'll level mostly through the story and mostly through the crucible?

I got into Destiny mostly for the PvE, but the Crucible was so good that I think it may make me up past a lot of the story missions if I get distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom