• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

Fair enough, so do you agree that Sony not getting me my license until 3am MY time rests squarely on Sony? It's only three hours, not a huge deal since I knew the deal and still decided not to pick up a disc. BUT... I hate that it gets ignored or pushed onto Bungie/Activision when it's Sony/MS that should be developing better solutions for digital licensing if we are looking at a digital future.

There's no doubt that this was a decision made by Sony. It was probably due to the fact that it's simply easier to enable access once instead of four separate times for four separate time zones. By going Pacific, it's ensured that they won't be breaking the "street date" for anywhere in the US.

It's certainly not ideal, but if this practice causes a loss of sales then it will change. All we can do is vote with our wallets until going digital is made more appealing.

Klyka

Banned
How hey I wonder which class I should pl-

IAQXtdS.gif

Alrighty then!

KevinG

Did Target take in store preorders for the LEs and Ghost Editions? I just like the idea of hitting up Target in the morning rather than doing Walmart at midnight.

Quoting myself for the new page. This thread is moving so freaking fast.

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
Ugh. such a hard decision. Whether to get the white Ps4 bundle or the new Iphone. My phone right now is crapping out.

I dont know why I even want this game that bad everything looks kinda bland especially the PvP. but you guys are hyping it hard, and Im a bungie fan.

Cømet

Banned
So who are the people who'll level mostly through the story and mostly through the crucible?

I got into Destiny mostly for the PvE, but the Crucible was so good that I think it may make me up past a lot of the story missions if I get distracted.

I'll be mostly PvE grinding, at least to start with. I wasn't amazing in the Crucible during the beta, so I wanna get my skill up and some weapons that gel with me before hitting PvP hard. After that initial grind though, I'll be playing both fairly evenly I think.

Also, forgot to add last time. I'll be doing one of each class, but I'm undecided on how to do Warlock and Hunter at the moment. Human female titan first! My beta character shall live again.....and I shall call her Remy ;)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
so fucking fresh and clean

that trailer was a metaphor for warlocks jumping in and dying. also was the titan in the trailer? I didn't see him at all, just some big ass rock right next to the warlock and hunter.

bruh

what do titans even do

That would have nothing to do with adding another class.

You add another class in this game and people might complain they want a fourth spot for fireteams, etc...

It has nothing to do with it directly, but it could indirectly. Regardless, they'll most likely be focused on adding new maps and strikes and raids, not to mention multiplayer game types. Another class I don't see happening till a sequel.

SDCowboy

You add another class in this game and people might complain they want a fourth spot for fireteams, etc...

It has nothing to do with it directly, but it could indirectly. Regardless, they'll most likely be focused on adding new maps and strikes and raids, not to mention multiplayer game types. Another class I don't see happening till a sequel.

You don't need a 4th spot. You can have any combination of classes in any group. There could be 100 classes. It has nothing to do with group size.

Tovarisc

You don't need a 4th spot. You can have any combination of classes in any group. There could be 100 classes. It has nothing to do with group size.

Each class you add into game makes balancing that much more harder and complex when every class has slightly different stats and skills.

I understand. I'm saying that they already get enough crap for making it a 3 person team game, adding a fourth class might cause some to ask for this and they have a focus on other things. It would make more sense to add it in a second game where they can make it a four player game fireteam and rework all the balance around this idea.

SDCowboy

Each class you add into game makes balancing that much more harder and complex when every class has slightly different stats and skills.

Correct, but that still has nothing to do with group size which is what we were discussing. And even with balancing, a new class is probably the easiest way to get players to keep playing or to come back to the game.

Juraash

All jokes aside, in my time with the alpha and the beta, at least a good 50%-75% of players were warlocks. The tower was a sea of them. lol

Titan seemed the rarest in my time with the Alpha and Beta. But I saw at least as many Hunters as Warlocks.

My guess is the split will be reasonably even once the population settles in a bit.

There's no doubt that this was a decision made by Sony. It was probably due to the fact that it's simply easier to enable access once instead of four separate times for four separate time zones. By going Pacific, it's ensured that they won't be breaking the "street date" for anywhere in the US.

It's certainly not ideal, but if this practice causes a loss of sales then it will change. All we can do is vote with our wallets until going digital is made more appealing.

Yes.

The only thing I would add is that I don't believe voting with our wallets is our only recourse. Making the right kind of noise can help as well. A game like this is one of the best openings to make that noise. It's high profile, and with the always online nature, and Bungie wanting to have us poke our heads into the game everyday, this is the perfect game to go digital with. If the console manufactures are driving customers away from digital the publishers and developers should be notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom