• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Especially as I've used it with mates as per the Urban Dictionary:

Frabjous

(Frab-juice)
Frab: origination - France, definition - Flab
Jous: origination - France, definition - juice

Frabjous is the juices and mating paraphernalia recovered from the flab or skin folds inside of an obese man or woman.

"I found a vibrator, peanut butter, and a small unidentifiable dog in my neighbors frabjous. The dog was dead upon arrival"

Ewwwe

It's a class item for Hunters. The description said something along the lines of "Tell Warlocks this cape makes you look frabjous. They like words they don't understand"

It became a sort of inside joke in DestinyGAF withdrawal threads where people choosing hunters would continuously say "I will look frabjous doing/wearing X".

edit: or a link to the image that works too

Kuro

Tried asking in another thread but I think its dead. Does anyone else have a limited edition PS4 version pre-ordered from Best Buy? Someone who didn't get a cancellation e-mail? I didn't get one and it still says processing but I'm not sure if Best Buy even has any in the first place although they advertised it. I need to know because I have another copy pre-ordered on Amazon and need to cancel one of them. Would like the Best Buy copy due to GCU and store pick-up

neoism

so guys has it been found out if Marty did all of the music before he got canned...????
:*( still sad about it.

Seil

It's a class item for Hunters. The description said something along the lines of "Tell Warlocks this cape makes you look frabjous. They like words they don't understand"

It became a sort of inside joke in DestinyGAF withdrawal threads where people choosing hunters would continuously say "I will look frabjous doing/wearing X".

edit: or a link to the image that works too

Also Jabberwocky, which is what makes me like the item description. I've always been fond of that poem.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Cømet;128514689 said:
Wish I could get a cape for my Titan. Capes are sick.

Do you remember Thunderhead?

tumblr_m6ld4uRWdB1qh7d0do1_r1_500.gif
Af9x9dv.gif

Cømet

Banned
Oh no, I still talk regularly to my high school group of geek friends (they were coincidentally in my same Uni) and we're still super fucking close. But having to travel to their city to go visit every weekend would be a pain, and I'm busy enough throughout the week where 2-3 days a week of anti-social staying in my room don't bother me.

That friendship is for a lifetime. I would love to make new friends though, hence why going to a new city/town would be fun. Start fresh. I'm searching for jobs and offering myself to go anywhere basically, as an engineer that should open many doors.

I'm not going anywhere.

nowhere else will take me

Fair does, you're stateside right? Not exactly small distances between I can imagine.
I like my me-time too. Back in undergrad I used to just turn my phone off for days at a time so I'd be left alone, I needed the peace now and then.

I was supposed to be moving city last month to do some physics-y stuff with a firm, but they've been screwing round with my clearance papers for three months so I told em to shove it. Will do something for a different group instead, though it'll take a week or two to arrange still (more destiny time I guess). The point is, the main reason I'm pissed at them is I was looking forward to moving over to Derby, a city I'd never been to, and getting the chance to expand. I dunno where this new firm'll take me (I believe they're a Korean firm....that'd be a bit far to go lol) but I'm looking forward to it. Travelling around and meeting new people's da best.

I think it is some kind of satchel charge or something. Or maybe some weird Venus plant that explodes?

Perhaps done to create a tactical smokescreen? That'd be a neat mechanic to have in Destiny 2. Spec Ops: The Line did it pretty well.

blamite

Sorry if this is a dumb question or one that's been answered a lot, but I just got a PS4 code for the Call of Duty armor shader, and it's not activating on my console or on the SEN web store. Are the codes just not activated this early before release, or did I get a bad code somehow?

Jafo_

Sorry if this is a dumb question or one that's been answered a lot, but I just got a PS4 code for the Call of Duty armor shader, and it's not activating on my console or on the SEN web store. Are the codes just not activated this early before release, or did I get a bad code somehow?

9 digit code or 12 digit code?
9 would be a bungie.net code
12 PSN code

RSB

Banned
I think that's normal. They don't activate the codes till release. Happened to me a couple of times (the last time was just last month, with TLOU:R)

Nice find!
Really? Maybe I'm just too much a fan of Carroll's but I didn't think, with all the other words culled from his work in general and this poem in particular (Jabberwocky, chortle), that it was all that obscure. Of course, I also learned the poem by heart when I was in middle school and still pretty much have it memorized so there is that...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone notice the PS4 digital preload was moved from the 4th to the 7th?

Seil

Really? Maybe I'm just too much a fan of Carroll's but I didn't think, with all the other words culled from his work in general and this poem in particular (Jabberwocky, chortle), that it was all that obscure. Of course, I also learned the poem by heart when I was in middle school and still pretty much have it memorized so there is that...

I also memorized the poem and still know it by heart haha. Fairly surprised so many people seem to not be aware of it =(

Also always love whenever a vorpal sword makes an appearance in a game etc. Especially when it's enchanted to decapitate =p

Well done. I wouldn't have caught that at all. Another victory for elderly DestinyGAF.

I brought it up and I'm only 22! Old folks haven't won yet!

I memorized The Walrus and the Carpenter when I was in elementary school! All I remember about Jabberwocky is that it brought us the Vorpal Sword.

I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask this. I've tried reading the thread and I still can't figure out exactly what you "do" in this game. I've never played a game like this and I'm trying to figure out if I'd like it. I like the sounds of the multiplayer aspect but I can't figure out how it works as far as the story.

I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask this. I've tried reading the thread and I still can't figure out exactly what you "do" in this game. I've never played a game like this and I'm trying to figure out if I'd like it. I like the sounds of the multiplayer aspect but I can't figure out how it works as far as the story.
You shoot things
Those things are shooting at you
The things are evil
The things can drop loot which makes your character better
Rinse, repeat, and enjoy the stunning visuals and more-than-decent storyline

Man this game has to have the record for most preorder dlc for me. I'm getting the vanguard set, the sparrow from gamestop, the advanced warfare shader, the beta emblem, 2 expansions, and whatever else comes in the limited edition. SO MUCH DLC.

You shoot things
Those things are shooting at you
The things are evil
The things can drop loot which makes your character better
Rinse, repeat, and enjoy the stunning visuals and more-than-decent storyline

How does the "kind of like an MMO" aspect play into all of this?

Honestly, just go to YouTube and watch some videos-- there are SO MANY gameplay clips, walkthroughs, streams, etc. out there-- to get a clear idea of what you'll actually do in the game. To distill it probably too simply: Destiny = Halo + PSO + Borderlands.

You're a zombie space knight/bounty hunter/wizard. With guns. You shoot things to get better guns and armor which you use to protect yourself from the space zombie aliens/time travelling robots/beings from another dimension/etc that are shooting at you.

This happens a lot.

chippy13

I have a question regarding raids, do you have to stick with the same team for the entire week or can you switch up the team part way through?

c1rcae

I have a question regarding raids, do you have to stick with the same team for the entire week or can you switch up the team part way through?

Current hypothesis is that you can only switch up the team if any new members have not already tried the raid on their own that week.

EDIT: It's also thought however, that those new members will not get any loot from bosses that were already defeated before they joined.

You're a zombie space knight/bounty hunter/wizard. With guns. You shoot things to get better guns and armor which you use to protect yourself from the space zombie aliens/time travelling robots/beings from another dimension/etc that are shooting at you.

This happens a lot.

Best description I've seen. It's an addictive process of killing and collecting.

blamite

I think that's normal. They don't activate the codes till release. Happened to me a couple of times (the last time was just last month, with TLOU:R)

I got mine today and have not been able to get it to work either.

Cool, this is pretty much what I assumed, but I'm not really familiar with the PSN store yet so wasn't sure if this is how prerelease codes usually work. Thanks!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so in addition to the survey/lists and the clan itself in the DestinyGAF clan thread, i thought it might be nice to see members of destiny gaf with destiny avatars add a logo for whichever platform they'll be playing on and their xbl gamertag or psn name. this hopefully can help people find other friends more easily on their platform of choice and help build the community further. i've modified mine for x1.

image.php

i'm not the photoshop whiz i'm sure some of you are, but if you want help modifying your avatar i'll do my best. send me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom