• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

Damn... still can't decide what class to be. I was sold on Titan until I saw that blade dancer gets blink.

God damnit. This is tearing me apart.

Respect

Damn Activision dropping some serious cash for the advertisement during nfl opening game

Just saw that too...too bad the game is getting out of hand though.

OffTopic: what happened to Kenny rogers face...did love that commercial though.

Futaba

You know, doesn't really matter to much how much advertising they've been doing, I don't watch TV, and living in Japan has made exposure to Destiny advertising minimal, but I'm still crazy hyped for the game, from nothing other than the alpha and beta.

My mind says Titan but my heart says Warlock. What do I do, GAF? Just glancing around, Titans don't seem super-popular, and that bubble shield could be the most clutch ability for PvE. My inner-team player makes me want to pick it.

KingJolly

Banned
My mind says Titan but my heart says Warlock. What do I do, GAF? Just glancing around, Titans don't seem super-popular, and that bubble shield could be the most clutch ability for PvE. My inner-team player makes me want to pick it.

The bubble sheild defender will be high in demand, since Hunters and Warlocks will be the most used classes, even the normal Titran Striker will be more used.
Ask for good drops in return for your help

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Only these 17 codes that can be redeemed and activated now.

They give you Grimoire cards.

Thanks, I actually had these ones already :)

Get in my way that's what.

Fight me in real life.

Awesome, thanks for this!

Are there any other codes floating about?

Also, did anybody get their shader code from Amazon yet???

So I'm guessing no one got their shader code from Amazon then? I'm worried they don't even know about it.

Kei-

The bubble sheild defender will be high in demand, since Hunters and Warlocks will be the most used classes, even the normal Titran Striker will be more used.

There's no trading or rolling for loot

I would love to know how long that shield lasts. From everything I've seen, it looks like 4 or 5 seconds at most. I hope people aren't over expecting on how useful that is - or I hope my estimate of how long it lasts is somewhat short.

Cuz I'm definitely on team titan.

Dis thread is beautiful.

Thanks to Firestream, ash55 and Arbitor5 for image editing/compiling. Seriously, thank you. Thanks to Hylebos, Twilight Gap, ChorrizoTapatio, EZCompany, Foman123, ncsuDuncan, CortanaV, Lord Revan, True Underdog and MoonDawg for proofreading, dealing with my sanity and formatting.

<3 got your back, bb.

U2NUMB

Even though I had it pre ordered at Best Buy I am heavily leaning towards pre ordering the digital version off my X1.. I Just think I will want this on demand when I want to play it.

Just now starting to get hyped.. strange huh.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Live Action trailer showing during NFL Kick Off game looked so fucking good
Was watching on my 65" HDTV

GraveRobberX

Didn't realize amazon had a shader code to give...

Yeah you made me go check, I was like WTF?

Only exclusive shader is the Destiny X COD through Gamestop, get that Blacksmith Black/Gold shader
Are you seeing the Vanguard bonus, everyone gets that from any retailer
The skin for ghost, emblem, etc.

Only Gamestop has the rare Sparrow pre-order bonus (it's just red color, you can unlock the 5 gold chests in Old Russia and get the same sparrow, but color will be random)

UFRA

So disappointed the Limited Edition is for the PS3. WTF were they thinking. I want it on my PS4.

Oh well, PS4 standard edition it is.

Can't wait!!

nbraun80

I would love to know how long that shield lasts. From everything I've seen, it looks like 4 or 5 seconds at most. I hope people aren't over expecting on how useful that is - or I hope my estimate of how long it lasts is somewhat short.

Still 4-5 sec of a bubble shield can be the difference between life or death in a heavy firefight. You should be able to fully recharge your shields in that time.

Yeah you made me go check, I was like WTF?

Only exclusive shader is the Destiny X COD through Gamestop, get that Blacksmith Black/Gold shader
Are you seeing the Vanguard bonus, everyone gets that from any retailer
The skin for ghost, emblem, etc.

Only Gamestop has the rare Sparrow pre-order bonus (it's just red color, you can unlock the 5 gold chests in Old Russia and get the same sparrow, but color will be random)

I thought Game in the UK also got the Sparrow....

viveks86

Soooooo goood.

OST is fucking amazing. :D

With music that good, the story HAS to be good, right?! I mean, I feel goosebumps listening to it. Every. Single. Time. There has to be something that ties all this together. That makes shooting everything that moves worth it. Characters to care for, story to care for, a memorable world to fight for. I really hope Bungie is justing hiding all the good story bits from us. It can't all be "Go there and kill them all before they rebuild some mysterious dish antenna", right? If it is, I will be a sad sad panda.

MidEvlDed

So disappointed the Limited Edition is for the PS3. WTF were they thinking. I want it on my PS4.

Oh well, PS4 standard edition it is.

Can't wait!!

Huh? They have a limited edition for PS4. Maybe wasn't available where you were purchasing.

Setting aside the fact that 4-5 seconds of invulnerability in a firefight is pretty amazing, they bubble shield can give buffs as well, like additional damage or damage resistance for those inside, or a temp. overshield for people who move through it.

EDIT: Oh, or making it straight up rain Orbs of Light.

Setting aside the fact that 4-5 seconds of invulnerability in a firefight is pretty amazing, they bubble shield can give buffs as well, like additional damage or damage resistance for those inside, or a temp. overshield for people who move through it.

EDIT: Oh, or making it straight up rain Orbs of Light.

I guess I'd need to see it in actual play with the team to get a good feel for it.

But if the shield provides invulnerability while inside of it, what good is damage resistance for people inside of it? I think I am missing something.

5 more days guys.

my+body+is+always+ready+for+Reggie-sama+_9adb967735d602ac31aebbbfcf685e18.jpg

nib95

Banned
Titan seems to be a popular choice in posts and in this thread, but in the polls it was by far the least popular. Weird.

Still 4-5 sec of a bubble shield can be the difference between life or death in a heavy firefight. You should be able to fully recharge your shields in that time.

Yes, that's true. I can see it being a very tricky thing to use to maximum effect. Getting a few team members into it's field of influence and having them move in unison to get out of harms way, or eliminate a threat quickly enough before it dies.

I guess I'd need to see it in actual play with the team to get a good feel for it.

But if the shield provides invulnerability while inside of it, what good is damage resistance for people inside of it? I think I am missing something.

Perhaps invulnerable was the wrong word. The shield stops incoming fire, but I'm pretty sure enemies can still pass through it. You could use it to isolate melee foes from their ranged counterparts and focus them down at close range.

Titan seems to be a popular choice in posts and in this thread, but in the polls it was by far the least popular. Weird.

There's actually only like 10 of us, but we're very noisy.

GraveRobberX

Warlocks are practicing their Space Magic, Hunters looking into their mirror and examining their Frabjous capes, while Titans are here posting hoping they aren't forgotten

Now let me go practice my Space Magic!

Perhaps invulnerable was the wrong word. The shield stops incoming fire, but I'm pretty sure enemies can still pass through it. You could use it to isolate melee foes from their ranged counterparts and focus them down at close range.

Ahhh. That makes sense. So shield invaders won't do as much damage. Makes sense.

Even the idea of creating an isolated skirmish as you described sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. Them raid tactics :)

Heck, them nightfall strike tactics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom