• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuphead

Banned
Could you make a small logo in my hand?

D17.png
D17_5.png

I guess no one wanted to try mine out since I said I might not like it =P

I tried doing it myself, but I suck at this kind of stuff

BYCSthr.png

Not sure if I like it enough but I may end up using it anyway because I want to rep destiny

alba

Little is the new Big
Yeah, I'm getting that too. I logged in with my PSN account, unlinked my Xbox Live account, but I can still only get the codes on my XBL account when clicking it. It was the one I originally created my bnet account with for Halo, but now I'm Destinying on PS4.

I went into my profile settings and unchecked "make account public" or whatever and I could redeem with my PSN account otherwise it'd show my XBL account too. Try it, hopefully that helps.

Hey can anyone give me a quick refresher on Destiny? I remember being less than wowed by the BETA, but playing Diablo 3 has me hoping for another multiplayer experience.

Unfortunately, other than being bored, I don't remember much about the beta. Willing, however, to give the full game a 2nd chance.

In Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3, the thrill of playing the game is the hunt for new and more powerful gear every time you fight. You always stumble across something pretty cool on every run through. Also, you level up fast enough, gaining new spectacular spells/powers quickly enough, that it rarely becomes dull. Ditto for Borderlands 2.

I know that Destiny is similarly a loot game. However, I don't remember while playing if i was constantly getting new weapons or gear. Were you acquiring guns on each run through? Armour? Specialty weapons?

I seem to remember running to and fro to fetch quests and talk to guild members about something or other, but not much beyond that....

Is Destiny closer to these games than I'm remembering?

Willeth

Uh, so mine triggered a download, and it's two files - one 296MB and one 184MB. Is it downloading a launcher to download the rest in like the beta?

Yep, it sure did. Once when you first start the game, if I remember correctly. Then you can fiddle with it later in the options.

oh my GOD, THANK YOU BUNGIE.

I've been watching YouTube videos all week on the XBO app of the game and just glaring at all the cut off UI. My Panasonic was like one gen too early to have the more advanced overscan correction and the XBO is a total knob job about it. I was LEGIT considering buying a new TV for Destiny if I couldn't figure out a way to correct it.

I can't miss even a pixel of that sumptuous, perfect graphic design.

Afrodium

Banned
Fantastic!

So guys have you decided on how your character will look in retail? I was thinking of recreating my Wooflock from the Beta but now I'm kind of thinking I should make another.

I'll probably end up recreating my Exo from the Beta with a few minor changes. It's funny, because I didn't at all like the look of the race before I played. How much character can a robot have? Then I played around with the character creator and discovered that you can put a giant hole in the side of their head. There was something I really liked about that. I mean, your Guardian is supposed to be dead at the start, right? I think that putting a giant head wound on my Exo gives him some backstory that the human races aren't afforded. Screw being a badass tattooed space soldier, I want to be a robot that took a shot to the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom