• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
6Pfs2pz.gif

Lol

I wonder what it will smell like

ibfUoc6kVyxtCn.gif

Hopefully it ends up being an alternate ghost voice pack.
Think about it..dream about it..
Only if it is Wings era Sir Paul, complete with Linda* occasionally banging on the keyboard.

*Man, that just reminded me of her passing. A very sad day that was. She was such a bright spot on Sir Paul and her animal rights activism was second-to-none.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. I logged in with my PSN account, unlinked my Xbox Live account, but I can still only get the codes on my XBL account when clicking it. It was the one I originally created my bnet account with for Halo, but now I'm Destinying on PS4.
Achronos says you'll be fine:

Don't worry about the UI - it sometimes doesn't display the linked accounts on that screen. What is actually happening is that the codes are being applied to your Bungie.net Profile. Once "Use Code" is confirmed, any XBL or PSN account linked to that Bungie.net Profile will unlock whatever that code is offering (well, it will when you start up the game). This is true even if you change what account you have linked later on.

In the future, we will likely have codes that do require you to pick one account to apply it to (kind of like the beta redemption), but none of the ones you have now do that. These codes apply to all accounts linked to your bungie.net profile.

Bizazedo

Yeah, the launch of MMO like games are GOAT.

Well, assuming the game is polished from the get go and Bungie has nailed it.

Discovery, killing bosses as a community for the first time, etc.

I actually got into a brief argument with a guy about that. I tried to tell him MMO like games actually punish you for waiting, especially the longer you wait (he's going to buy used many months down the line).

Destiny is MMO-lite, but still, depending on when you jump in, the beginner strikes / raids I imagine would lose their luster after awhile.

Cuphead

Banned
Only if it is Wings era Sir Paul, complete with Linda* occasionally banging on the keyboard.

*Man, that just reminded me of her passing. A very sad day that was. She was such a bright spot on Sir Paul and her animal rights activism was second-to-none.
yusssss

I'm a fan of her photography.
Capture.png

Grewitch

So guys have you decided on how your character will look in retail? I was thinking of recreating my Wooflock from the Beta but now I'm kind of thinking I should make another.

I've decided to stick with my exo, think I might upgrade the look though. Couldn't quite get it right in the Beta, will spend a bit more time on it.

Marvel

could never
Can't believe we're almost there... man. What a ride.

I've decided to stick with my exo, think I might upgrade the look though. Couldn't quite get it right in the Beta, will spend a bit more time on it.

I spend obscene amounts of time creating characters.

anddo0

Torn

I enjoyed the beta, but Earth got boring.
I don't mind strikes/raids.. Just don't want to be co-oping all the time.
I don't care about pvp

Just how much SP content will there be?

Have they said what the cards are for yet? I looked at my redeemed codes and now there is a use now button. Has anyone clicked it and seen what happens?

What is everyone doing this weekend to eat up time? Playing anything new? I'm prolly going to stay away from games since I can't play the thing I want to play, but found a way to jam pack my weekend. First Friday with the gf and her bestie tonight, show and biking around the city with a friend tomorrow, late brunch and laundry Sunday and then one more sleep. ONE MORE SLEEP!

Playing Infamous First Light, then college football on Saturday and NFL on Sunday. (Not all the games, just two I really care about.) I might wash my car Saturday, but since I don't often get the house to myself for long, I'll probably just do some drawing on my new Cintiq instead with some good background music.

Edit: And importantly, trying to not think about Destiny.

Suuuuurre you did. It's ok to admit mistakes :)

No way, honest guv, cross me 'eart and evryfink.

Same thing with this guy

Hmmm, i initially thought it was downloading the Beta and would apply a beta to release update on Tuesday. As i have no idea what processes are going on behind the scenes to get this game out for launch I don't think i'll start panicking just yet. Tuesday evening, yes but not now :)

TheContact

Omg I took the 9th off work for a dr visit and just realized it's same day as destiny release!! Amazon says the bundle will arrive before 8pm I hope it's right in the morning. Gonna have so much anxiety waiting

lifa-cobex

Incubate it on Sunday, develop it on Monday, "I'm sorry it's just getting worse, it's almost constant" for Tuesday.

I have Asthma.
It can come on for no good god dame reason so I think I better make a good use out of it for once.

Btw I'm no sure if to go shops to buy or to D/L.

I have never pre-purchased anything on the PS store. Does it have pre-download or would I have to wait for the clocks to hit midnight on the day of release?

Anyone else's download start for Destiny? It's currently downloading the full game and an update(19GB and 296MB)

EDIT: Forgot to mention for the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom