• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooHoo! I'm in, anyone want to join me in the Beta when it finishes downloading... anyone?

I bought Destiny yesterday, today the Beta is downloading on my PS4 but the money hasn't been from my wallet taken yet. I suppose that means all is on track for Tuesday though?

Can't wait, just need to sort out Clan stuff now and then go character designing :)
Warlock/Hunter/Titan/Human/Exo/... so much to ponder.
Uhhhhhhh the beta is over. Unless Gaf did invent a time machine.

Kane1345

WooHoo! I'm in, anyone want to join me in the Beta when it finishes downloading... anyone?

I bought Destiny yesterday, today the Beta is downloading on my PS4 but the money hasn't been from my wallet taken yet. I suppose that means all is on track for Tuesday though?

Can't wait, just need to sort out Clan stuff now and then go character designing :)
Warlock/Hunter/Titan/Human/Exo/... so much to ponder.

??

EDIT: Beaten

Respect

Think there'll be much of a difference playing Destiny at launch versus late October? Not as hyped as I should be should be for this game, and still haven't decided on which color Xbox one to buy.

You'll miss those first few weeks of MMO discovery when we are all noobs...always fun in that time.

Get some Skittles. The Traveler's first gift to humanity was Skittles. Check the grimoire

Hmm, perhaps the sugar rush will give me temporary relief...but it would be so fleeting.

Kane1345

Uhhhhhhh the beta is over. Unless Gaf did invent a time machine.

DeLorean_Launch.gif

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Think there'll be much of a difference playing Destiny at launch versus late October? Not as hyped as I should be should be for this game, and still haven't decided on which color Xbox one to buy.

You'll miss those first few weeks of MMO discovery when we are all noobs...always fun in that time.
Yeah, the launch of MMO like games are GOAT.

Well, assuming the game is polished from the get go and Bungie has nailed it.

Discovery, killing bosses as a community for the first time, etc.

Anastasis

This game is going to be huge. Here in the US, the NFL is opening this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny is everywhere on TV. They timing of the launch is perfect, right at the end of the summer gaming drought. And the big Holiday titles are far enough away for people to give it a try.

One thing I keep thinking is how this is all planned for 10 years. I have two young boys, aged 1 and 3. To think I may be playing this series with the character I am about to create with them in the future just blows my mind.

I was talking about $150 versus $60. You're the second person to think that I meant $375 though. I guess I phrased it poorly.
:p
Haha! I realize now that 150 is divisible by 60 2.5 times. Due to the limited nature of the Ghost Edition, coupled with your own personal Dinklebot, you did well, sir. My own Dinklebot will salute yours on Tuesday!

Cheers, guys. I knew the beta was over i just wanted to make a joke :)

No idea, what's going on. Destiny Beta downloaded earlier together with a Destiny Beta update. I just assumed my order was going through the motions and on Tuesday out will pop Destiny.

This game is going to be huge. Here in the US, the NFL is opening this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny is everywhere on TV. They timing of the launch is perfect, right at the end of the summer gaming drought. And the big Holiday titles are far enough away for people to give it a try.

One thing I keep thinking is how this is all planned for 10 years. I have two young boys, aged 1 and 3. To think I may be playing this series with the character I am about to create with them in the future just blows my mind.

I had the same exact thought about my kids last week. Haha. It's definitely a trip!

Cheers, guys. I knew the beta was over i just wanted to make a joke :)

No idea, what's going on. Destiny Beta downloaded earlier together with a Destiny Beta update. I just assumed my order was going through the motions and on Tuesday out will pop Destiny.

Suuuuurre you did. It's ok to admit mistakes :)

Respect

This should actually help the weekend go by faster for me...though if the Pats lose that will sour my Sunday and Monday. Destiny will greatly ease the pain by Tuesday in that case.

The End

looks like you can now use the codes we put in months ago.

destiny-unlock-2.jpg

for whatever weird reason, the XBL account I used to play halo is showing up when I go to redeem anything, not the PSN account I used for the alpha/beta

I'll hold off until next week, I want the Emblem of the Finite

C.Dark.DN

Banned
for whatever weird reason, the XBL account I used to play halo is showing up when I go to redeem anything, not the PSN account I used for the alpha/beta

Sounds like you are logged into bungie.net with your gamertag. You might want to make sure you're logged in though your psn account then and see if the codes have been submitted.

Haha! I realize now that 150 is divisible by 60 2.5 times. Due to the limited nature of the Ghost Edition, coupled with your own personal Dinklebot, you did well, sir. My own Dinklebot will salute yours on Tuesday!

Hah, cheers. Mine own Dinklebot shall inform us all about who and what has or will have come from the moon. And he shall float and bob in deference to yours as well.

Respect

Yeah, the launch of MMO like games are GOAT.

Well, assuming the game is polished from the get go and Bungie has nailed it.

Discovery, killing bosses as a community for the first time, etc.

Indeed, based on the beta, game feels really polished though, so I'm fairly confident it won't need too much tuning.

Willeth

Yeah, I'm getting that too. I logged in with my PSN account, unlinked my Xbox Live account, but I can still only get the codes on my XBL account when clicking it. It was the one I originally created my bnet account with for Halo, but now I'm Destinying on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom