• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnPCP

I like the way you think

IT BETTER NOT BE THIS SHIT

I dead ass just named 2 random things for titan and hunter since I don't play any of those classes and don't really care. The other stuff is just the most disappointing stuff that came to mind for me personally lol I hope he sells at least 1 useful item for me this week.

I dead ass just named 2 random things for titan and hunter since I don't play any of those classes and don't really care. The other stuff is just the most disappointing stuff that came to mind for me personally lol I hope he sells at least 1 useful item for me this week.

I hope I can get Sunbreakers from the engram tho

ocean

Banned
I'd love An Insurmountable Skullfort just because of how badass it looks. I have all the Exotic chests and gauntlets but only have a single helm for each class. I want to complete my collection. Saint-14 would be alright too I guess. Butt-ugly but I've seen it work wonders with its blinding bubble in the Raid (pop at middle stairs during Conflux and then laugh at blind mobs)

HighOnPCP

btw. does anybody know 100% if he's gonna be at the tower in just over an hour or did they switch back the time and it's just over 2 from now?

Steroyd

Atheon has been killed in a single TV on hard mode (17 seconds to be exact).

They only had 4 GHs. I want to try it with 6 GHs + illuminated WoL (relic holder can drop it and fire two GHs then pick back up). Speaking of which...

PS4 Team to set new Atheon hard mode kill record (hopefully)

Requirements: PS4, Lv 30, and maxed GHorn. We probably need at least 1-2 more Defenders, but more the merrier. So far I've talked to:

1.) Me- Defender
2.) Astro
3.) LordofPwn
4.)
5.)
6.)

We would only need the Atheon checkpoint then it would be easy to get a bunch of cracks at it. Just have to figure out the perfect positioning so everyone can have I-WoL + TsV + clear line of sight for GH.

Sounds like fun, I'm down for that, if I place the bubble right we wouldn't have to worry about random supplicants either.

MrMuscle

So Bungie changed their weekly update day huh. Wonder what this is:

Next week, we’ll also let slip something we’ve been keeping a secret.

Did you acquire a Destiny collector’s edition that included an Expansion Pass? Did you acquire an Expansion Pass separately since then? If you have, we’ve got a special surprise for you. If you have not, but think you might still help yourself to The Dark Below, you’ll also be invited to enjoy.

HighOnPCP

Just read the weekly update, I like!

Iron Banner actually sounds like what it should've been in the first place!

Also sparrow stunts coming soon?

So after getting Thunderlord out of the Gorgon's chest I ran nightfall on my alt. Guess what dropped. Go ahead I'll give you 3 guesses...

yep a 2nd Thunderlord

ocean

Banned
So after getting Thunderlord out of the Gorgon's chest I ran nightfall on my alt. Guess what dropped. Go ahead I'll give you 3 guesses...

yep a 2nd Thunderlord
The game is funny like that. The day before yesterday I got Monte Carlo from the gorgon chest. I thought sweet, one more for the collection though I've heard it's no good. Defeat Atheon a while later and he dropped another Monte Carlo for me. Yay RNG!

Fistwell

Ballerhorn and Icebreaker will never be seen again from Xur.
There's this one guy in our raiding group who snoozed on IB. He actually helped me get the weekly done for me to get the coins to get IB. I offered to help him do it it on his alt so that he could get it too as he was short a cple of coins. He was like "EH, I'll do it tomorrow or something, whatever."

We remind him of it. Every. Single. Day. :)

MrMuscle

There's this one guy in our raiding group who snoozed on IB. He actually helped me get the weekly done for me to get the coins to get IB. I offered to help him do it it on his alt so that he could get it too as he was short a cple of coins. He was like "EH, I'll do it tomorrow or something, whatever."

We remind him of it. Every. Single. Day. :)

You are an evil evil man!

ocean

Banned
Yeah but the first week doesn't count. A small percentage of players got to buy it. And what's wrong with pulse rifles?
I am in no position to objectively evaluate where they stand with regards to other weapon types but it's safe to say they're the least popular among the player base. I player the Daily with a GAFer yesterday and was literally surprised at hearing that 3 shot burst. I hadn't heard a pulse rifle in ages! I actually have Red Death and I guess it's alright but it's probably the least-wanted weapon type from my completely subjective observations.

Jinjo

They only had 4 GHs. I want to try it with 6 GHs + illuminated WoL (relic holder can drop it and fire two GHs then pick back up). Speaking of which...

Requirements: PS4, Lv 30, and maxed GHorn. We probably need at least 1-2 more Defenders, but more the merrier. So far I've talked to:

1.) Me- Defender
2.) Astro
3.) LordofPwn
4.)
5.)
6.)

We would only need the Atheon checkpoint then it would be easy to get a bunch of cracks at it. Just have to figure out the perfect positioning so everyone can have I-WoL + TsV + clear line of sight for GH.

Level 30 Defender with maxed out Ballarhorn reporting for duty. When do you guys want to do this? Cause I don't know if I'll be able to make it today. PSN is JinjoNL

1.) Me- Defender
2.) Astro
3.) LordofPwn
4.)
5.)
6.)

Level 30 Warlock with maxed Gjallarhorn checking in.

HighOnPCP

We need a trade system.

But only items of the same rarity and same category.

So exotic helm for exotic helm

exotic primary for exotic primary etc.

I am in no position to objectively evaluate where they stand with regards to other weapon types but it's safe to say they're the least popular among the player base. I player the Daily with a GAFer yesterday and was literally surprised at hearing that 3 shot burst. I hadn't heard a pulse rifle in ages! I actually have Red Death and I guess it's alright but it's probably the least-wanted weapon type from my completely subjective observations.
Yeah they're definitely the least popular, which kind of surprises me considering everyone has access to one of the best pulse rifles in the game - The Strangers Rifle. Now I don't know how pulse rifles hold up in pve, but you can wreck in pvp with a decent one.
I regularly win encounters with suros regime users.

Jinjo

We need a trade system.

But only items of the same rarity and same category.

So exotic helm for exotic helm

exotic primary for exotic primary etc.

I ain't gonna trade my double Gjallarhorns for Truth's lol. I would trade them for primaries/specials I don't have yet though. I agree with the same rarity clause completely though. Maybe exotic armor for exotic armor and exotic weapon for another exotic weapon gives a bit more options to a possible trade system.

HighOnPCP

I ain't gonna trade my double Gjallarhorns for Truth's lol. I would trade them for primaries/specials I don't have yet though. I agree with the same rarity clause completely though. Maybe exotic armor for exotic armor and exotic weapon for another exotic weapon gives a bit more options to a possible trade system.

Hm yeah didn't think about the exotic items where there's only 2 to choose from.
But then again IF there is ever going to be a trade system it won't be anytime soon so at that point there will be plenty exotics around.

ocean

Banned
If I had two horns I'd trade one for Thunderlord I guess. This kind of trading would be nice and it'd take the salt off getting dupes.

Or how about one tier lower? Because I've got Two Last Words, I would love to trade one of them for Atheon's Epilogue or Fatebringer.

Pimpwerx

Does anyone know if there are any weapon affinities for each class or subclass? One of my clanmates is convinced it goes Warlock - Pulse, Hunter - Hand Cannon and Titan - Auto.

Anyway, the only useable piece of armor I got this week was the Titan raid chest. Now I have 3 lvl 29 characters. Other than the gatekeepers and atheon on hard, I have no remaining rolls of the dice this week.

OTOH, the weapon drops have been solid. I got Red Death, Praetorian Foil, Corrective Measure and a Hawkmoon that I dismantled. I also got a couple more Epilogues that I also broke down. The nightfall gave me some dupe exotic armor piece again. I forget what it was. I can't complain though. Hezen Vengeance and the Timepiece are the only two raid weapons I'm missing now.

Here's hoping Xur delivers the horn this weekend. If not that, then at least give me a shot at something I don't already have. I have over a hundred coins now, and if his inventory continues to suck, I might stop doing weeklies. PEACE.

ocean

Banned
Does anyone know if there are any weapon affinities for each class or subclass? One of my clanmates is convinced it goes Warlock - Pulse, Hunter - Hand Cannon and Titan - Auto.

Anyway, the only useable piece of armor I got this week was the Titan raid chest. Now I have 3 lvl 29 characters. Other than the gatekeepers and atheon on hard, I have no remaining rolls of the dice this week.

OTOH, the weapon drops have been solid. I got Red Death, Praetorian Foil, Corrective Measure and a Hawkmoon that I dismantled. I also got a couple more Epilogues that I also broke down. The nightfall gave me some dupe exotic armor piece again. I forget what it was. I can't complain though. Hezen Vengeance and the Timepiece are the only two raid weapons I'm missing now.

Here's hoping Xur delivers the horn this weekend. If not that, then at least give me a shot at something I don't already have. I have over a hundred coins now, and if his inventory continues to suck, I might stop doing weeklies. PEACE.
No clue where he got that. Gunslinger perks reward precision shots though so that is indeed well suited to Hand Cannons. Other than that it's basically dependent on your armor's perks.

TTG

And the speaker's trinkets facilitate better drops too, don't you know?

Anyway, Xur is by the terrarium selling mythoclasts.

No, but given the stats on most of the legendary and exotic armors of each class, I would say:

Warlock - Fusion and Shotgun
Hunter - Auto rifle and Hand cannon
Titan - Sniper and Scout rifle

Daggoth

GJALLARHORN!
[o]is a fantastic gun and I really hope Xur is selling it this week, we all deserve one (or another).[/o]

In unrelated news, if the servers are up, is anyone interested in the raid in about 2 hours time?

Edit: fuck that i'm not fixing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom