• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Awesome newbie raid tonight! So awesome to see that continuous improvement. Everyone played extremely well tonight and I'm pretty sure every single person got their hands on the relic at least once. Really satisfying and fun doing these, and thanks to all who tuned in to watch on Twitch!

One thing that is really motivating for me is that each time I've done one of these, the total completion time has gone down, even though it was a tooootally different group each time, different experience levels, weapon loadouts, etc.- which just reaffirms for me that what matters most is a communicative team, willing to be patient and learn from wipes. I'm finally getting more confident speeding through stuff like the Gorgons, jumping sections, and the Right Way To Use Gjallarhorn when it's Atheon time.

Encountered one of the worst "immortal minotaurs" I've yet seen tonight. I have to gif that guy. I should've jump smashed, admittedly, but I really fell in love with that Shoulder Charge I was totally ignoring until now like an idiot. Do NOT enjoy the sunisnger contorls with the Relic though, not, one, bit. Need to unlock Voidwalker Blink for holding the Relic, Fireborn be damned (
not that it didn't save us from wiping a number of times :X
).

No need to swap Atheon's Epilogue or Gjallarhorn between my two gelcapped characters anymore :D

That's a bad roll no doubtaboutit. But I'm glad you had a good time- hopefully next time the RNs will be G-ed in your favor.

For sure Mr double Ballerhorn :p.

If anyone from tonight's raid (or others!) wants to run weeklys/night falls/raids on Wednesdays going forward (my girlfriend probly had as much as she could handle of me hogging the tv tonight) I am down. Other than that I've had my fill of RNG for a while and my Halo MCC should be arriving tomorrow.

Thanks to both of you and the others that went through it tonight with me! So satisfying to finally get the Raid done. Now I'm itching to go through it again as soon as possible and hope that I get some better drops lol. I was soooo wanting Atheon's Epilogue so I could use it to help me finish that damn Thorn bounty. Had a lot of fun though and that's what matters!

NastyBook

All I know is, if Raid gear and other vanilla rarities start dropping at a faster rate once the DLC is released, I'm gonna be hyper pissed.

Anyone for normal raid? Level 27 Warlock on PS4.

Mains are Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter, dozens of raid clears normal and hard.

Cosmos_Man

Looking to see if anyone is up for late night raid run. Will do hard or normal pending on who shows interest since I have two chars I need to run it on.

If anyone is interested hit me up on here or PSN. Would like to start around 11pm MST; which is in just over 30mins.

PSN - m1cah

I'd be up for it as well. Level 27 Hunter.

blackflag

Just got my umpteenth Beowulf shader. Not helping.

Your time will come Guardian I got all crap then 2 great legendary shaders 2 days in a row.

And weirdly Blacksmith showed up in my mailbox and I didn't preorder cod....it worked for a couple days. Now I can't equip it says purchase required

NastyBook

Your time will come Guardian I got all crap then 2 great legendary shaders 2 days in a row.
I did get Cicero the other day. Only looks good on my Hunter, though. Of the few things they actually have in abundance in the game, it sure is hard getting different shaders to drop.

micah

If everyone is down that'd be five, we could def run thru normal fast.

Ourobolus
Johan Liebert
Cosmo_Man
mstevens
m1cah

Edit: I can probably find a 6th easy once I'm on.

Important question: Does the Vault front door close behind you eventually? Or does it stay open. Because I kinda sorta think you could get a GKeeper relic back outside... maybe.

LiK

1/4 left in final bubble but it's getting late. Need a fresh new batch of bounties to push me over the edge

Important question: Does the Vault front door close behind you eventually? Or does it stay open. Because I kinda sorta think you could get a GKeeper relic back outside... maybe.

You can. It closes after the GK section is over and Atheon appears. I've left it just as it closed and got trapped outside XD

EL CUCO

Got more ass tonight

My current total
157 shards (after just maxing a 2nd Raid helm)
96 energies (after just maxing CM)
I dont want Glolhorn, I dont want Raid boots.

Praise RNG for all teh sweet assesses!!

You can. It closes after the GK section is over and Atheon appears. I've left it just as it closed and got trapped outside XD

Do you mean the door to the GK/Atheon room? I was asking about the very first front door, where you have to activate the spire to enter the Vault initially. That sounds pretty funny though, haha.

Edit: Congrats to the recent normal raiders, especially ones that got some nice new weapons and gear!

TTG

According to that Official Iron Banner post, we can only gain gauntlets and boots that can boost us to lvl 30!? I only need either the helmet or chest to get my Warlock to LVL 30 and now I can't even do that in Iron Banner ffs!

I'm in the same boat, there's always round 3?

LiK

Ah, did pretty well late in Control. Constantly first and winning. Feels good man.

I like the Mida alot more now.

Do you mean the door to the GK/Atheon room? I was asking about the very first front door, where you have to activate the spire to enter the Vault initially. That sounds pretty funny though, haha.

Edit: Congrats to the recent normal raiders, especially ones that got some nice new weapons and gear!

Oh. yeah I was. But still even if the first Vault door did stay open I don't see how you could ascend up the maze to get back into the templar area with the relic.

gdt

Good raid dudes. Got a nice haul. Not as nice as Ouro though wtf.

Got the boots (!), a 2nd VoC, Hezen Vengeance, and Mida Multi Tool.

Any opinions on Mida? VoC is soooo good so I don't see it living up.

EL CUCO

Good raid dudes. Got a nice haul. Not as nice as Ouro though wtf.

Got the boots (!), a 2nd VoC, Hezen Vengeance, and Mida Multi Tool.

Any opinions on Mida? VoC is soooo good so I don't see it living up.

Mida is...OK not worth an exotic slot, definitely not worth replacing the VOC with it.

R0ckman

Argh... Drives me crazy when I'm in pvp random and I'm in "the zone" getting 30-40 kills a match but my team sucks so bad it doesn't matter. Wish my local friends hadn't given up on this game quite yet, damn RNG system.

Sullichin

Omg, Thunderlord from a Rumble match! A hawkmoon and Thunderlord in the same day.

Don't really see a load out where I'll use it though but I know it's beastly.

Iceman829

YES! GJALLARHORN! Decided to solo the nightfall on one of my alts and bam there it is. Also, It is now a lock that Xur will sell it today as I have saved up 97 coins waiting for him to sell it.

Oh. yeah I was. But still even if the first Vault door did stay open I don't see how you could ascend up the maze to get back into the templar area with the relic.

Yeah, I know you can get it to Gorgon maze, and I really think you could get it outside if you can get back up to Templar area. That's the only big sticking point left, I just hope there are enough little rocks and ledges to jump on, and use the R1 for mobility, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
don't even care that I need one even less now, gjallar to the people

DO YOU HEAR ME, NINE

THE PEOPLE DEMAND GJALLARHORN

DISPATCH YOUR AGENT

Sullichin

don't even care that I need one even less now, gjallar to the power

DO YOU HEAR ME, NINE

THE PEOPLE DEMAND GJALLARHORN

DISPATCH YOUR AGENT
Did you say you still needed Ice breaker? That's how I feel about that gun. It's popular already and I have it, but if Xur sells it it's better for everyone doing PVE!

But please, please sell The Last Word or Horn. I want to actually spend my coins this week.

thedan001

I managed to collect every exotic weapon in the game

...except THE LAST WORD

Xur, this is your chance to shine!

(still missing some exotic gears but its ok... im lv30)

thedan001

I've never done a Raid where more than one or two people have it. If it gets sold I figure it'll be relatively easy to form teams where everyone is rocking it.

...and that's when ol' Bungie nerfs it to oblivion along with pocket infinity/vex mythoclast

funny they're all solar weps :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom