• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Truth looks pedestrian but I love to use the damn thing. The lock on is like playing Ace Combat, blast radius and velocity after upgrade are sort of great too. The damage it deals in PvE can't compare to Gjallerhorn due to its wolfpack rounds. But yeah, I usually select Truth when Bastion or First Light is on. My favourite is when a Sparrow or something is cruising on the other end of the map.

Xur was good this week. I wanted both TLW and Wolf chest. The wolf chest looks amazing and I like how it revives so fast. Some dude in our team was already using it for some time and I found it to be rather handy in Nightfall, Normal Raid etc. Extra orbs is always cool.

X-Frame

It is looking like I am going to get all the exotic weapons before I get the PS4 exclusives Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo.

MC I don't care for, but Hawkmoon is now my #1 most wanted item in the game. I saw someone who came 2nd to last in PvP get Hawkmoon the other day, lucky!

Playing pvp for the first time in about 2 and a half weeks. These teams aren't even halfway close to winning. Jeez. I need dem bounties for The Last Word though

Ourobolus

Banned
This has been written dozens and dozens if times now, but...

It's full auto, ADS accuracy from the hip so no need to scope (faster draw), has bonus crit damage from the hip (more than ads), and has an incredible rate of fire.

It also has unique animations.

It's probably the best primary weapon for rumble and smaller maps, but items weaker at range and in pve.

It's completely different way to play. You hip fire with it the majority of the time with full auto. It plays like a Halo gun and it will out perform TDYK on smart maps. TDYK is probably better for latter maps, though.
I'll have to get used to it then. ADS is like a natural reflex.

Jito

Banned
Today has been a good day for progress, bought The Last Word from Xur and a Titan banner I've been eyeing up from the Speaker. Also made it to 28 so should be good to compete in Iron Banner next week.

Namikaze1

You know The Last Word is the Golden Gun.
I know that. It's just after facing multiple Bladedancers in the Crucible, I wanted to see what the fuss it's all about. I regretted it after finding how much I prefer using gunslinger. Now I'm just two skills away from maxing out Gunslinger.

SkylineRKR

It is looking like I am going to get all the exotic weapons before I get the PS4 exclusives Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo.

MC I don't care for, but Hawkmoon is now my #1 most wanted item in the game. I saw someone who came 2nd to last in PvP get Hawkmoon the other day, lucky!

Same here. I wanted both Hawkmoon and TLW very badly. Horn I stopped caring about, we beat Heroic very swiftly already with just 2 guys having it. I prefer to use corrective anyway.

noomi

Is the last word even feasible for PvE? I think I like my fatebringer much better.

Still want the hawkmoon though....

I've been using Red Hand IX on my Hunter and have been loving it. I picked up The Last Word, and without upgrades at least I like the Red Hand much better. Do the upgrades to TLW make it greatly better? I'm thinking I may be better off rolling with Red Hand IX and Invective than TLW and some other shotgun.

I know that. It's just after facing multiple Bladedancers in the Crucible, I wanted to see what the fuss it's all about. I regretted it after finding how much I prefer using gunslinger. Now I'm just two skills away from maxing out Gunslinger.

I'm like this as well. Tried put blade dancer and I sucked at it. Gunslinger all the way even if the grenades kinda suck

Don't listen to the Bladedancer nerf brigade. Gunslinger has always been the top tier.

SkylineRKR

I'm like this as well. Tried put blade dancer and I sucked at it. Gunslinger all the way even if the grenades kinda suck

Tripmine is actually good. I can't think of a BD nade thats better.

For the rest, Gunslinger comes with gunslingers trance, Chain of Woe etc. Most of the time is spent shooting, and Gunslinger makes for superior shooting. I really think BD is ass. On a lucky moment I get just as many kills with GG and Combustion.

Cømet

Banned
I have Hawkmoon, The Devil You Know, Venation III (dead orbit), The chance (future war cult), Thorn and when i get home i will have The Last Word too, would love to have Fatebringer and Lord High Fixer too, but having the three exotics (The Last Word, Thorn and Hawkmoon) is enough to me really.

Wouldn´t mind if i get some more in the future tho.

I can afford and have access to Chance and TDYK so I'll pick those up when I play later, but DO and NM ones might take a while... Just Hawkmoon then! Fatebringer's wonderful, unique animation and aesthetic aside I think I prefer it to TLW.

Was pondering on whether to get this new set of Voidfang Vestments, but my current ones are maxed at 125 and these start at 115 so the difference probably wouldn't be great.....so got Armamentarium for my Titan instead. Just No Backup Plans away from complete there.

ocean

Banned
Yea is TLW really all that? I'm going to buy it just because I have the coin for it but I'm still holding out for Hawkmoon.
Being PS exclusive I doubt Hawkmoon will be sold. Just like Dust Palace (PS exclusive strike) won't be featured as Weekly Heroic or Nightfall.

I wonder if the expansion strike will ever be featured as Weekly though since it'd alienate customers who didn't pay for DLC. Though after buying it it'd suck to have the same limited rotation. Unless there's free strikes down the road, which I doubt, we'd be stuck with the same 5 forever which would be sad.

*yawn, stretch*

OmfG, what a haul from Xur! didn't listen to my demands, but whatever, I want alpha Lupi, voidfang, AND tlw! Let's make it happen.

also LOfuckingL at Bungie trolling you guys in that fireteam chat......

If that was trolling, then it was some very good acting. It's not too hard to imagine Bungie would take Ballerhorn out of Xur's loot table since it breaks PVE.

Four Ballerhorns that killed Atheon in 17 seconds in a game based on the carrot-on-the-stick principle probably raised some eyebrows.

shem935

Banned
"Eyes up guardian" *Internally screaming*

Curse the nightfall for giving me a titan helmet. Wasn't planning on rolling one but....

blackflag

If that was trolling then it was some very good acting. It's not too hard to imagine they would take Ballerhorn out of Xur's loot table since it breaks PVE.

Four Ballerhorns that killed Atheon in 17 seconds in a game based on the carrot-on-the-stick principle probably raised some eyebrows.

Wait what's the story with this?

With what Bungie said, not the fast Atheon kill.

X-Frame

I want the Speaker items but I keep buying the stupid engrams because I want the Insurmountable Skullfort for a Brawler PvP build and I never get it.

The chances are low too since there are so many helms and I have probably all but 2 of them for all classes. What to do ..

Tripmine is actually good. I can't think of a BD nade thats better.

For the rest, Gunslinger comes with gunslingers trance, Chain of Woe etc. Most of the time is spent shooting, and Gunslinger makes for superior shooting. I really think BD is ass. On a lucky moment I get just as many kills with GG and Combustion.

Fair enough. I'm still in early days. Just recently unlocked swarm

I would like to set up a group for the normal raid tonight at 10:00pm EST

Looking to get my Level 27 Warlock in his first raid, I have done the raid dozens and dozens of times with my Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Please send me a PM as I will repost this throughout the day looking for people and I will update the player list below as I get interested players. Feel free to add me in the mean time as well.

1. Cosmos_Man
2. DJ_Lushious

Dear Bungie,

I am glad you went to a lot of effort to make Iron Banner better and did it in a decent amount of time. However you have yet to offer 1 PvE focused event that has been worth a damn and it seems that will continue as anything meaningful will likely cost $$$ in expansions versus a nice free event.

I am sick of how much Bungie ignores PvE and wants to balance it in tandem with PvP. I don't play Crucible and it is getting really annoying.

Thanks
The Ignored PvE Playerbase

I would like to set up a group for the normal raid tonight at 10:00pm EST

Looking to get my Level 27 Warlock in his first raid, I have done the raid dozens and dozens of times with my Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Please send me a PM as I will repost this throughout the day looking for people and I will update the player list below as I get interested players. Feel free to add me in the mean time as well.

1. Cosmos_Man
2. DJ_Lushious

Bump for new page. Is there a new page or comment # rule for something like this?

spyder_ur

Just added up all of my motes. I'm three short, What's my best plan here, farm public events for possible motes and bounties for the XP roll over?

If you have some time to play over the next day and a half, I'd probably just play as you normally would with a focus on completing easily done bounties. Do the daily mission. You should get there. Just in case you didn't know, you can check how close you are to another mote by hovering over your level.

I'm not sure what is the best way to actually farm motes, if you even can. I'd also say the Tiger Strike playlist. It seems whenever I run 4-5 of those I end up with 12 or so engrams. When I decode all of those, there's almost always a mote of light in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom