• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Nothing, it's it's one of the worst scout rifles

I've been using it on PVP this week. I think it's great. The always on radar and maxed reload speed is excellent. I don't even need Chains of Woe for my Hunter for the reload.

I don't get the hate for it.

forrest

formerly nacire
As someone who just got the last word from the raid this week, glad you guys get a chance to check it out. It looks awesome, holsters to your back, and has a really cool set of animations! Haven't leveled it yet, but initial impressions on performance are strong!

Sad I passed on the Hunter chest last time, so definitely picking that one up.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've been using it on PVP this week. I think it's great. The always on radar and maxed reload speed is excellent. I don't even need Chains of Woe for my Hunter for the reload.

People write things off entirely if they're not the best.

Namikaze1

Truth also has tracking though.
Truth doesn't do it in style though.

Plus, Gjallahorn was made for gods! Look at its design! It was made to be wielded by gods! Truth on the other hand just looks like something the army of that age would manufacture. It loses in the design department.

LiK

People write things off entirely if they're not the best.

I've been using it in combo with FV and i was destroying. I'm sure VoC would probably be better with full auto but I'm liking the Mida right now.

It appears HC guys are my biggest nemesis when I use a Scout. I don't worry about FRs as much like I was when I used ARs.

How's the Alpha Lupi chest for the Hunter? Looks a bit underwhelming.

Nothing great. But I wear it for looks, lol

That's all I need to know. PVP is my fave mode. I'm so sad that most people only play Raids these days. Finding Crucible teammmates is a rarity.
If you need PvP teammates, send me an invite. Same goes for you earvcunanan. Been doing some crucible with Johan Liebert at random hours :p

Truth doesn't do it in style though.

Plus, Gjallahorn was made for gods! Look at its design! It was made to be wielded by gods! Truth on the other hand just looks like something the army of that age would manufacture. It loses in the design department.

There's a video with a Truth rocket going into orbit too

Samus4145

Actually pulling off a headshot in the Crucible with my new Ice Breaker is a good feeling.

Totally coming around on that gun. Wish we could have an exotic in each slot though.

GutZ31

How's the Alpha Lupi chest for the Hunter? Looks a bit underwhelming.

It has a very targeted role, and people not planning on reviving teammates constantly should avoid this unless it puts to to level 30.

It helps you revive teammates faster, and be revived faster. Not useful in hard raid at least, but some might find it worthy.

ocean

Banned
It has a very targeted role, and people not planning on reviving teammates constantly should avoid this unless it puts to to level 30.

It helps you revive teammates faster, and be revived faster. Not useful in hard raid at least, but some might find it worthy.
I have it but have never used it. Is it the timer before you can be revived that takes less time or is it the actual revive animation (holding the button) that goes faster?

Namikaze1

Just look at this beautiful beast:
maxresdefault.jpg

Gjallarhorn.png

Now compare it to this ugly shit:

Just look at the design. A weapon made for gods vs some military prototype shit.

Note: images are from google.

GutZ31

Actually pulling off a headshot in the Crucible with my new Ice Breaker is a good feeling.

Totally coming around on that gun. Wish we could have an exotic in each slot though.
Ice Breaker is far from an ideal crucible sniper, as it kicks far too much for target acquisition.

The Supremacy, or Pradyths Revenge are much better for PVP when it comes to reacquiring targets.

matmanx1

The Last Word is mine! What an awesome sounding, fantastic looking handcannon!

That being said, I already have a maxed out TDYK and until I get that stability perk unlocked for TLW I will not be using it much in PVE. That thing jumps around like a jackrabbit.

Once I have TLW fully upgraded I look forward to comparing it in depth to TDYK which is currently my all time favorite Destiny weapon.

ocean

Banned

Just look at the design. A weapon made for gods vs some military prototype shit.

While I agree the horn looks better, Truth isn't shabby. You're doing it a disservice with that low resolution picture :p

I don't think anyone would contest Horn wins in the looks and PvE DPS department. I have heard impressions from owners of both that Truth has better tracking though, giving it a PvP edge. I have Truth but wouldn't know because I always rock machine guns in Crucible.

Never noticed that it allows others to revive me faster. As much as I die, that may be a plus. "Common' guys, revive me. It'll be quick. Please!"

I'm just too stingy. With 100ish coins, I'm still not seeing much that I want to buy. I'll get the Titan and Warlock chests, but that's about it. I'm short on motes to gamble with, but if I had them I'd roll for a helmet.

That's all I need to know. PVP is my fave mode. I'm so sad that most people only play Raids these days. Finding Crucible teammmates is a rarity.

I'm always looking for people to PvP with as i find it more fun with a group. I'm sure i've got you on my FL already so just hit me up whenever :)

LiK

I have to say I'm disappointed with the Scout Rifle designs. They're all so boring. Even the Mida looks like some boring military gun. At least almost every other gun type has one Exotic that actually looks unique and different.

Namikaze1

While I agree the horn looks better, Truth isn't shabby. You're doing it a disservice with that low resolution picture :p

I don't think anyone would contest Horn wins in the looks and PvE DPS department. I have heard impressions from owners of both that Truth has better tracking though, giving it a PvP edge. I have Truth but wouldn't know because I always rock machine guns in Crucible.
Is this one better?
gjallarhorn_render_1380111603.jpg

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

10354940_644935925625798_144091261444518444_n.jpg

Ugly. So damn ugly.

GutZ31

I have it but have never used it. Is it the timer before you can be revived that takes less time or is it the actual revive animation (holding the button) that goes faster?

The time it takes for the circle(holding Square) to fill with blue, leading to a revival.

EL CUCO

I have to say I'm disappointed with the Scout Rifle designs. They're all so boring. Even the Mida looks like some boring military gun. At least almost every other gun type has one Exotic that actually looks unique and different.

Everytime I use the MIDA, I feel like its a weapon ripped out of Call of Duty.

This is so fucken weak.

It's the fourth time in the past six weeks where I'll get an exotic weapon reward during the week and Xur turns around and sells it that Friday. Fuck this guy.

All I have been hearing are people raving about last word. Why is it so good? I'll probs get it anyway since I have enough coins, but pls enlighten me.

SgtCobra

What's the consensus on the best shotgun for PvP?
I've been using an uncommon one since day one but it's slowly showing its shortcommings.

Zakalwe

Banned
All I have been hearing are people raving about last word. Why is it so good? I'll probs get it anyway since I have enough coins, but pls enlighten me.

This has been written dozens and dozens if times now, but...

It's full auto, ADS accuracy from the hip so no need to scope (faster draw), has bonus crit damage from the hip (more than ads), and has an incredible rate of fire.

It also has unique animations.

It's probably the best primary weapon for rumble and smaller maps, but items weaker at range and in pve.

Happy to have The Last Word, but I don't know if it'll be enough to replace my TDYK. That thing is a beast.

It's completely different way to play. You hip fire with it the majority of the time with full auto. It plays like a Halo gun and it will out perform TDYK on smart maps. TDYK is probably better for latter maps, though.

blackflag

Terrible unchangeable scope, very low damage due to low impact compared to other scout rifles. Look at it's stats compared to voc or cryptic dragon. I think it loses significantly on everything except reload.

Of course the scope is opinions. The damage isn't.

This has been written dozens and dozens if times now, but...

It's full auto, ADS accuracy from the hip so no need to scope (faster draw), has bonus crit damage from the hip (more than ads), and has an incredible rate of fire.

It also has unique animations.

It's probably the best primary weapon for rumble and smaller maps, but items weaker at range and in pve.

It's completely different way to play. You hip fire with it the majority of the time with full auto. It plays like a Halo gun and it will out perform TDYK on smart maps. TDYK is probably better for latter maps, though.

Sorry for making you write that again but full auto with ridiculous accuracy? Holy motherfucking shit. Incoming nerf confirmed.

Zakalwe

Banned
Sorry for making you write that again but full auto with ridiculous accuracy? Holy motherfucking shit. Incoming nerf confirmed.

Not really. It's only that accurate at low to mid range. Long range it won't be anywhere near as effective as a good AR or traditional cannon.

Placing headshots is harder too simply because you're not as zoomed in and there is still recoil to deal with.

It's well balanced and takes a bit of skill to use.

Deku Tree

Wait so beating all elements of the raid except Atheon goves you zero additional raid clears on Bungies website... And beating Atheon only on hard gives you two additional raid clears? And beating Atheon on normal gives you one additional raid clear? Is that right? Thanks!

Not really. It's only that accurate at low to mid range. Long range it won't be anywhere near as effective as a good AR or traditional cannon.

Placing headshots is harder too simply because you're not as zoomed in and there is still recoil to deal with.

It's well balanced and takes a bit of skill to use.

How is it for PvE?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
*yawn, stretch*

OmfG, what a haul from Xur! didn't listen to my demands, but whatever, I want alpha Lupi, voidfang, AND tlw! Let's make it happen.

also LOfuckingL at Bungie trolling you guys in that fireteam chat......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom