• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the Voidfang Vestments today with an engram. Got the warlock aquarium helmet to go with it.

At least now I have an exotic helmet, so if I actually get my raid gear, I can make it to 30.

That said, would anyone be up for a normal raid in about 2 hours on PS4?

Cømet

Banned
Won't happen imo, not to Regime extent so you shouldn't worry.

ARs are still much easier to use. May be an initial increase, but it won't be huge and it will die down quickly.

It was a lot of fun, doing the control bounty. Nearly everyone in the match had TLW (one or two Suros dotted about)- so I had great fun smacking them around with my Mythoclast :D

But yeah it'll die down, once the new toy feel wears off and it goes back to dedicated users.

TTG

I'm scared to play Crucible
All of the Last Words everywhere

It's going to take some getting used to. One, I'm not used to pvp hand cannons(as most people using them aren't I bet). Two, we're gonna need to acquire a lot of patience with the trigger, it's not nearly as potent when you're mostly scoring body shots. Three, it's gonna take a little bit to unlock that crazy stability and hip fire bonus.

I'm going to reserve judgement until all of these things click into place, but it's going to be hard to surpass the Suros anyway, I can already tell. The Regime can wipe the floor with multiple targets regularly, TLW needs to reload. Suros also has an insurmountable advantage at a certain range, you've got no chance at a medium distance unless you are really good with Voice of Confluence. TLW is king at a closer distance, but shotgun and fusion rifle users can put up a fight, even your run of the mill legendary auto rifles under the right circumstance.

I'ts gonna be fun. I'm thinking I'm gonna upgrade the Gunslinger subclass and use The Last Word exclusively with my alt Hunter. Suros for the Warlock.(or maybe I'll just by another TLW by the week's end and another Suros whenever that shows up again).

Deku Tree

Dear Bungie,

I am glad you went to a lot of effort to make Iron Banner better and did it in a decent amount of time. However you have yet to offer 1 PvE focused event that has been worth a damn and it seems that will continue as anything meaningful will likely cost $$$ in expansions versus a nice free event.

I am sick of how much Bungie ignores PvE and wants to balance it in tandem with PvP. I don't play Crucible and it is getting really annoying.

Thanks
The Ignored PvE Playerbase

This.

100% agree completely. Can we please have a PvE type fun weekly event that allows you to grind for some max 30 light armor before the DLC hits??? (My Titan has four normal raid completions and two hard oracles to gorgons cheeses and not a single piece of raid armor.)

PvP is not really my thing...

Nah I don't think so. I would like to get in on this raid. 28 Warlock. Shem0275. I should be back on by 9 central 10 eastern but if I'm not don't worry about replacing me.

Wonderful! Added you to the list!

I would like to set up a group for the normal raid tonight at 10:00pm EST

Looking to get my Level 27 Warlock in his first raid, I have done the raid dozens and dozens of times with my Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Please send me a PM as I will repost this throughout the day looking for people and I will update the player list below as I get interested players. Feel free to add me in the mean time as well.

1. Cosmos_Man
2. DJ_Lushious
3. Shem0275

Zakalwe

Banned
Bungie should notice all the flawless Raiders and soon to be flawless raiders that's on gaf.

Would be nice of them to notice those who managed to pull it off despite the glitches instead of praising the person who's killed the most dregs on the moon.

Bit that would mean admiring they broke the raid so badly.

Also I can't really get behind the idea that they're ignoring pve. For all its flaws pve has the raid, the best bit of content in the game. And it's getting another.

Pvp needs events much more (or custom game types, private matches, no super mode, etc...).

This.

100% agree completely. Can we please have a PvE type fun weekly event that allows you to grind for some max 30 light armor before the DLC hits??? (My Titan has four normal raid completions and two hard oracles to gorgons cheeses and not a single piece of raid armor.)

PvP is not really my thing...

Even a new public event that is more complex with 2 factions fighting against each other and some sort of boss at the end.

I also hope this framework that all events are simply this:
-New Vendor
-Gain Rep with Vendor doing content that is already in the game at naseaum
-Realize how much Rep you need and given the event timeframe/limit makes you not want to do it
-Realize the gear isn't really special anyways and it was just a waste of time

Doesn't continue on forever, because it is lame and boring.

Would be nice of them to notice those who managed to pull it off despite the glitches instead of praising the person who's killed the most dregs on the moon.

Bit that would mean admiring they broke the raid so badly.

Also I can't really get behind the idea that they're ignoring pve. For all its flaws pve has the raid, the best bit of content in the game. And it's getting another.

Pvp needs events much more (or custom game types, private matches, no super mode, etc...).
I def agree with you. IMO the raid is the best content of the game, even with all the flaws. I like the crucible but its pretty lacklust. Surprise there's not even a CTF mode.

Our time is today....
yes it is!

LOL The Last Word was the last weapon I needed. Now I don't have to play the Nightfall 3 times a week.

And the Iron Banner will have boots. Now I don't have to do the Raid 3 times a week.

gg bungie

I know I do.

tumblr_mu8tgtNeeS1qiu8gyo2_250.gif

blackflag

In that case we will most likely never see galahorn or icebreaker again. Which meanse I probably won't ever get either.

I think they were trolling, why would they sell armamentum 4 weeks in a row and voidfang multiple weeks in a row if they are choosing unless they are trying to keep some stuff really rare like praxic.

shem935

Banned
I have not, I had to leave for class but I'll give it a shot when I get back in, thanks!
Can i only get one coin a day from the Publics?

Only one guaranteed ascendant material a day and then random drops from completion of public events. Daily stories depending on level give out different rewards once a day. Good luck!

LiK

Don't listen to the Bladedancer nerf brigade. Gunslinger has always been the top tier.

You should've seen me last night. I was so sad you didn't see me destroy people in Control. I took some screens at least lol

I'm pretty comfortable as a Gunslinging Hunter now. We need to play again soon. Hopefully we don't get matched up with scrubs again.

Deku Tree

So the new RAID opens a week after the DLC hits. I bet the new Vendor in the tower will offer some grindy ways to get higher level light gear that goes to 30 light but not higher light. I hope for my 27 Titan...

Insaniac

Well, Xur selling The Last Word is great cause I won't have to wait for trading to be implemented to get the one I acquired for my brother. This'll breathe a little bit more life into the game for me as I love using hand cannons

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xur offering anything good?
Everything Xur is selling this week is good.
Cømet;138825799 said:
So, what Legendary/Exotic HCs are folks collecting? I mean besides Hawkmoon, Lord High Fixer, The Last Word, Thorn, The Devil You Know and Fatebringer. What else do people find necessary to call their collections complete.
I have:
Hawkmoon
Thorn
The Last Word (well, on paper)
The Devil You Know
Venation III
A few interesting blues (Sir Isaac, Painted Big Chief, Regulator Mk. 36)

I need:
Fatebringer ahhhhh please.
Lord High Fixer
Red Hand-IX
The Chance
Timur's Lash with explosive rounds.

Then my hand cannon collection will be complete.

If that was trolling, then it was some very good acting.
lol, yeah, they're a masterclass -_-
It's not too hard to imagine Bungie would take Ballerhorn out of Xur's loot table since it breaks PVE.

Four Ballerhorns that killed Atheon in 17 seconds in a game based on the carrot-on-the-stick principle probably raised some eyebrows.
i don't buy this at all, it doesn't break PvE to any extent, it's just a badass launcher. Ice Breaker's effect is FAR more gamebreaking, since it's not like you have unlimited ammo with any rocket launcher.

Man. Okay.

First of all, four Ballerhorns killing Atheon in 17 seconds is not a thing that happened. We're getting that from the time the group starts shooting at him, until his death animation. This annoys the shit out of me because every time I see this mentioned it's in conjunction with OMG Bungie is gonna nerf Gjallarhorn OMG broken OMG cheese. Let's take a look at the video, eh? It is plainly, incontrovertibly obvious that they have Time's Vengeance going on while killing him in that video. Unless I am meant to believe that the fight started, they were teleported, grabbed the relic and killed all the Oracles in the 3 seconds before Time's Vengeance kicks in that we are shown, they didn't kill Atheon in 17 seconds. Maybe you see this as a minor point but it does get on my nerves a little bit, because the video is titled "World Record Speed Kill (17seconds)" -_- We just ignore the time since the fight began that came before that 17 seconds?

Second, they're 5 level 30s and one 29, and the 2 people without Gjallarhorns are also shooting at the boss. They just fucking wreck him. They aren't even using Weapons of Light; crazily faster kill times are possible than this. There's nothing wrong with that. They're all max or near max level. They have maxed weapons. They get Time's Vengeance successfully. They are playing the game. The idea that this is somehow comparable to the things Bungie has shown a desire to fix, such as a single player being able to throw grenades at the final boss and cause him to fall off a ledge, going from full health to 0 health instantly and awarding people who didn't even participate in the fucking fight with some of the rarest loot in the game, is absolutely baffling to me.

Third, based on my understanding of the game and its systems, it is particularly hard to believe that Bungie would take anything out of Xur's loot table for any reason, let alone something that has already been sold. "We'll see," I guess.

In that case we will most likely never see galahorn or icebreaker again. Which meanse I probably won't ever get either.
and to think people don't like Xur

Guys

If the illustrious, cryptic "Xur team" is hand-picking the items sold every week, what methodology are they using? Rolling dice? Attempting to simulate the effects of randomness as accurately as possible? Creating some kind of Sunbreaker/Armamentarium cult? If they literally have one guy sitting in a chair clicking on the exact specific items he wants sold, is that guy a lunatic? Blind?

I see the overarching sentiment that they're "intentionally withholding the most desired items" which is a pretty goddamn laughable thing to read on the same day that one of the most requested items in this thread, and my single most desired item he can sell, shows up in the Tower for the first time.

Let's look at this a little bit objectively please. Just focusing on weapons for the moment based on what we know he CAN display for sale.

Xur has already sold:
-Gjallarhorn (the second goddamn week of launch, stop being pissed you didn't have the coins or think it was worth them!)
-Ice Breaker
-Patience and Time
-Truth, twice
-Suros Regime, twice
-The Last Word

These are all among the best weapons in the game.

Xur has never sold:
-Hard Light
-Universal Remote
-MIDA Multi-tool

Pretty much universally considered the weakest items he can offer. Those stingy bastards!

Additionally if we're operating under the idea they're picking guns in particular.... they once held a Twitter survey and then seriously just gave the playerbase the #1 thing they asked for. So what are we really talking about here?

Fucking hell. Whatever. Believe what you want. If it makes you feel better to think that Bungie is intentionally screwing you by maliciously selecting the items then so be it.

Gjallarhorn isn't getting nerfed. Xur is random, or as functionally close to it that it's not worth thinking about. May RNGesus strike me down.

R0ckman

Vex Mytho still seems pretty powerful to me after the nerf in PvP, I went on a 20 kill streak last night when I got it (I remember going way past 'reign of terror' before dying).

You should've seen me last night. I was so sad you didn't see me destroy people in Control. I took some screens at least lol

I'm pretty comfortable as a Gunslinging Hunter now. We need to play again soon. Hopefully we don't get matched up with scrubs again.

Hahaha of course we will. I want to see you tearing it up. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom